Must. Have. Season 3.

-Hansel-

[1]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 4
    So it's over Loved this season, it was fantastic. Here's hoping for a season 3!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jopy666

[2]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 12
    They announced a while back (before the second season even started) that this would be their last season and the episode last night was not just the season finale, but, also the series finale.
    It was fun while it lasted, but, flight of the conchords is indeed over with as a television show.

sputnik2121

[3]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 7
    I really loved the first series, but the second series wasn't anywhere near that standard. It was good, but fair play to the guys for quitting while they're ahead, rather than trying to milk it for all they can.

jackvancouver

[4]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 6

I'm thinking just doing the show in a different country would be reason for a 3rd season, Canada, perhaps?

Most of the time, fan pressure can cause a lot of tension to change decisions.

There are a lot of weeping fans right now and they have reason to weep. And hanging onto hope...

Roryborealis

[5]Mar 28, 2009
    If that is the last of the Conchords, its a sad loss to TV. I hope we see Bret and Jermaine on TV again soon!

Maximum_Taco

[6]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 13
    jackvancouver wrote:

I'm thinking just doing the show in a different country would be reason for a 3rd season, Canada, perhaps?

Most of the time, fan pressure can cause a lot of tension to change decisions.

There are a lot of weeping fans right now and they have reason to weep. And hanging onto hope...

Usually fan pressure causing a change is due to the network having a change of heart. For example, DVD sales of Family Guy causing FOX to bring it back on the air after they cancelled it, or Jericho and the Nuts Campaign. In both those cases the cast and crew wanted to do the show but the network cancelled them (and then brought them back.) Conversely, in this case, HBO wants Flight of the Conchords on the air but the Conchords feel like the show is interfering in their writing new music.

I'm afraid as much as we might wish and hope and pray and dream we've seen the last of the Conchords as a TV show. Hopefully we can catch them on a comedy network special or something and they'll have some new songs for us soon.

Edited on 03/29/2009 9:57pm

TypeB

[7]May 7, 2009

BAND MEETING!

Item 1: Hurt Feelings

Though I understand their decision, I'm still sad there won't be a third season. Their episodes never fail to make me laugh, no matter how many times I've seen them.

Item 2: Goodbye (Not Just to Leggy Blonde)

To the FOTC cast and crew, you guys are awesome!

GiverSSJ

[8]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    -Hansel- wrote:
    So it's over Loved this season, it was fantastic. Here's hoping for a season 3!

I liked most of season 2 except the last episode where they go back to New Zealand at the end with Murray. They had to get a reason "to end the show". Other than that, it was a very good show on HBO.