Flight of the Conchords

Love is a Weapon of Choice

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Feb 22, 2009 on HBO

• Excelling filler content, but kind of fell weak on the songs. (except for one) *possible spoilers in review*

I wasn't expecting much from the episode when it started, but as the episode progressed (besides the two main songs), the filler content was actually very enjoyable.

Criticism on the main songs:
    Song 1 is kind of like that Soap Opera rap style (like Trapped in the Closet) but the execution I felt was a little weak for usual FOTC stuff. Song 2 (the Duel song titled from the episode title) was kind of like an Andy Samberg Digital Short. That wouldn't really fit with a FOTC storyline. (unless you're realy into those Digital Shorts)

But I'd have to say, the filler content surprised me as the episode progressed, especially the strobe lights remix and the final performance in general.

Except for the main songs, this was a pretty awesome episode.
  • What an episode.

I was not sure if it I would enjoy as I am not the biggest fan of Kristen Wiig, to put it mildly. I was forced to eat those words here tonight as she was quite amusing and played well off the two stars.

Dave's role was minimal, but he has also been great this season and the bit about him previously knowing a guy who disappeared to Arizona was excellent. Another really clever scene involved the discussion about taking gigs over jazzercise classes.

The ending about Barb thinking they were gay was a little too generic for my liking, as was the concept about Jemaine and Bret "dueling" over a girl as it was just done on The Office a few weeks ago, but outside of that this was a really enjoyable FOTC episode.
HBOZE