Flight of the Conchords

The Tough Brets

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Feb 01, 2009 on HBO

• Bret embarks into the realm of a gang.

In this episode Bret is guided to start a gang after dissing rappers in a song that he sang in a library. With what has bin written this episode did not produce at their highest ability. I found the episode to become stale at points of the show. The songs were good enough to watch for that reason. Final Comments. If you love the show for its musical out put then this episode of course like all pulls no punches in delivery a good selection of music, but other then that the story line to it did not seem to be good at all. I had bin clicking in and out of it at points of the show. As I said before the show is worthy enough for the music selection, but don't come and expect a strong story line to the episode.
  • Bret forms a gang.

This season is surprisingly good, despite critics saying that it a huge step-down from the show's freshman effort. It may not match the magic of those first 12 episodes but I honestly do not believe I've laughed so hard and so often during a Flight of the Conchords episode ever. Even the first song about hurt feelings was great.

Dave was also on top of his game giving arguably his best performance yet. From the dick off the body remark to describing how rap rivalries in America result in death, OR WORSE, and his general lack of knowledge of the genre's artists.

There were some really generic sitcom parts, and some parts stolen from Seinfeld, but there is very little to complain about. Murray, or Moore Ray was great, Jemaine was great, and this was the perfect complement to a great Super Bowl game.
HBOZE