Flight of the Conchords

Wingmen

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Mar 15, 2009 on HBO

• Another episode about failure with women. Skip the first half and go to the second half for true laughs. Also the second last episode of the season (and possibly the series)

This episode had no grappling effect for the first half, but once the second half kicked in (starting with the walkie-talkie scene), it's a hard and desperate attempt for laughter.

I agree with thefanof's statement of ripping off from Curb Your Enthusiasm, it's a near carbon copy of the scene in "The Therapist". Both ways, however, it would get a chuckle or a laugh.

I also agree that the Greg/Murray storyline was a weak one which was nearly the same as the Prime Minister/Paula storyline.

This episode tried really hard to make people laugh, The 2nd song's lyrics are very similar to the style of Prince of Parties, and the lyrics are the only saving grace of the song. (though this was taken from their live performances, another saving grace. Ok, so there are 2 saving graces...)

I'm being less hard on this episode. It may just be me, but it might take multiple views to truly appreciate the episode. But at least this is better than "Murray Takes It To The Next Level".
  • Bret dates a girl and gets freaky.

6.8
    It was wacky sitcom plots a plenty this week on Flight of the Conchords as the communication through walkie talkies and the fake mugging, last seen on fellow HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm in "The Therapist" made their return here tonight. While these antics did not result in the number of anticipated laughs the show expected, one of TV's better supporting characters Dave made me chuckle a few times with his twisted views on life.

For probably the first time ever I found Murray to be more irritating than entertaining. His "feud" with Greg was peculiar and the definition of a "B" storyline. This was one of those weaker Season 2 episodes that we all knew was inevitable.
HBO2