Flip This House Forums

Sunday 6:00 PM on A&EIn Season

New Cast, Not As Good

verdiergpd

[1]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 13
    A&E decided to find a new cast for season 2 of this wonderful show and I couldn't be more upset.  I loved the gang at Trademark.  In case you haven't heard Richard Davis filed a lawsuit at the Charleston Court of Common Pleas (civil court) claiming that A&E stole the show he created and co-produced and did not ask his permission or discuss changing the cast or sceme of the show.  To me that is just dispicable on A&E's part.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Auntie_Am

[2]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    Both of the two new casts are simply horrid. I can't imagine what A&E was thinking.

By the way, A&E was getting so much flack over the new crews that they totally locked down their message boards. No one can post any more--no doubt because 99% of all postings were negative.

verdiergpd

[3]Aug 11, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/11/2006 7:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

verdiergpd

[4]Aug 11, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/11/2006 7:44pm

ticktrek

[5]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    Auntie_Am wrote:
    Both of the two new casts are simply horrid. I can't imagine what A&E was thinking.

By the way, A&E was getting so much flack over the new crews that they totally locked down their message boards. No one can post any more--no doubt because 99% of all postings were negative.

A & E was trying to be "multicutural". But they picked the most stereotypical group they could find. Believe me, most Hispanics are nothing like the Montelongos.

I noticed their message boards for this show were shut down, also. There is nothing postive there about the show.

The good news is that Richard and his crew are moving to TLC, so we'll get to see them again soon.

hattiedoll

[6]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 19
    I haven't seen the Atlanta episodes yet. I loved Richard and his crew. They seemed like one big family. The Montelangos seem so much more conceited. They are definetly not as likeable, but they do an awesome job. The 2 houses I saw were amazing.

Auntie_Am

[7]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    ticktrek wrote:
    Auntie_Am wrote:

A & E was trying to be "multicutural". But they picked the most stereotypical group they could find. Believe me, most Hispanics are nothing like the Montelongos.

I noticed their message boards for this show were shut down, also. There is nothing postive there about the show.

The good news is that Richard and his crew are moving to TLC, so we'll get to see them again soon.

Yes, they shut down their messages boards when almost everyone posted to say they hated the new show. I checked back last week, and it was still locked.

berrystrawberry

[8]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 2
    I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't like the new cast! I watched this show the other day and just thought that maybe they were doing one or two shows on this group and then found out that they switched from Trademark totally and gave up. I can't stand to even watch these people.

hattiedoll

[9]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 19
    This is an exerpt from an email posted by Ginger. Thought everyone would like it. Yipeee. They are coming back.

"We are almost finished with the new season which will air in January, so we will keep you posted on all the upcoming details, news, and events! We have the first 3 months of the year blocked off for choosing our Area Partners and plan to do Season 2 all over the country with our new partners!"

jbfraser

[10]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 11
    I don't mind the Atlanta group

SPARKLE4U

[11]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    jbfraser wrote:
    I don't mind the Atlanta group

I enjoy watching the Atlanta group. The only person that I can't tolerate (and I'm glad she finally had that baby, so she'd stop showing that big fat stomach) is Sam's wife.

She's a pain, and someone told her sometime ago, that she was cute?????

She's not!!!

ajax283

[12]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    I really like this show and just started watching it a few months ago. I have seen episodes of all three teams and I like them each and think that they are all interesting. I don't quite understand why people are so against the Atlanta group and the San Antnio group. I enjoy watching them all and I think its cool to see different teams. It keeps it fresh and interesting, especially since they all come from different backgrounds.