Food Wars

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Travel Channel Premiered Mar 09, 2010 Between Seasons

Tru_Slayer

Food Wars Fan Reviews (1)

6.6
  • HERE IS WHERE U NEED TO GO TO EAT !!

HERE IS WHERE U NEED TO GO TO EAT IN THE BUFFALO AREA!!

U NEED TO GO TO SWISTON'S ON YOUNG STREET IN THE CITY OF TONAWANDA FOR A "BEEF ON WICK" SANDWICH. MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS!!

ITS ROAST BEEF ON A KIMMELWICK ROLL, DIPPED IN THE AU JUR(THE JUICE FROM THE MEAT) WITH A WEDGE OF KOSHER DILL PICKLE AND CURLY Q FRENCH FRIES !! ITS A BUFFALO TRADITION, AND THATS ALL THIS PLACE SERVES WITH A GOOD COLD BEER ALONG ELLICOTT CREEK IN THE CITY OF TONAWANDA. I HAVE ATE ALOT OF LOT OF THEM, AND ENJOYED EVERY BIT!! PEOPLE IN TV LAND DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE MISSING!! OR THE CURLY Q FRENCH FRIES ( SOME FROM WHITE POTATOES AND SOMETIMES FROM SWEET POTATOES) WITH THICK RICH BEEF GRAVY ON THEM, NOW THATS A SUPERBOWL FAVORITE!! OR A STANLEY CUP FAVORITE IN BUFFALO!!

THE BEST RESTAURANT AROUND THE BUFFALO AREA IS A WELL KEPT SECRET, ITS THE RED OSIER LANDMARK RESTAURANT ON ROUTE 5 IN SAFFORD NEW YORK BETWEEN BATAVIA AND LEROY. THE PRIME RIB THERE IS SO TENDER, U DON'T NEED A KNIFE! AND IT IS CUT TABLE SIDE TO UR LIKING AND THE PLATES ARE HEATED BY THE FLAME ON THE CART THAT KEEPS THE MEAT WARM TOO!!

I ATE THE FREE 4# CHALLENGE WHEN I WAS A KID, YEARS AGO! ITS A VERY GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY, AND HARDLY ANYONE IN BUFFALO KNOWS ITS THERE!! U NEED TO GO THERE TOO!! FLY MY WIFE AND I UP FROM FLORIDA AND WE WILL JOIN U FOR DINNER AT THE LANDMARK!!

THE BUFFALO NEWSPAPER LISTED EVERY TOP RESTAURANT AROUND BUFFALO AND MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN TO EVERYONE OF THEM !! IM A REGULAR FOOD CRITIC WHEN WE LIVED THERE!

THANKS AGAIN, TODD FISCHER 813-654-8283