Footballers' Wives

ITV (ended 2006)

Footballers' Wives Fan Reviews (15)

• Well, I finally gave in and purchased the first season of this show on dvd now that it has come out in Region 1. A friend of mine in the UK had been trying to talk me into watching this show (and Bad Girls) for months.....

Well, I finally gave in and purchased the first season of this show on dvd now that it has come out in Region 1. A friend of mine in the UK had been trying to talk me into watching this show (and Bad Girls) for months, but I resisted, mainly because it sounded like it would be a show about some rich stuck up trophy wives. Well it turns out I ended up enjoying the trashiness of the show quite a bit, although I still think it has a terrible name. To make a comparison with Desperate Housewives, I think Desperate Housewives has much better acting, but Footballers' Wives is trashier (whether or not that is a good or bad thing is up to the viewer).

Just an observation:
    I noticed that only the very first episode had correct grammar for the title "Footballers' Wives" That episode had very simple onscreen credits which suggests that it was a pilot shot before all the other shows. The rest of the episodes, and the Region 1 dvd box cover for that matter, do not have the apostrophe at the end of "Footballers", and that really bugs me for some reason.