Forbidden Science

Cinemax Premiered Jan 10, 2009 Between Seasons

Forbidden Science Fan Reviews (4)

• How hard is it to understand that anything aired after 10pm on Cinemax is going to be infused with adult content and material. When reading the description of the show it's classified as adult; not science fiction, not a mystery/suspense or anything else.

Through that wonderful innovation of Cinemax on Demand, I have been able to watch every episode of this show. I enjoy the fact that it's a blend of science fiction mixed with soft core adult content. It isn't hard to believe that in the future there will be a company like 4Ever Innovations that is breaking grounds in cloning technology, android creation, and memory downloads and implantation. By far the stand out actress of the series is Vanessa Broze. She plays Julia White, a clone of Stephanie White. Stephanie was in the middle of perfecting the "Gold Chip", a microchip able to completely scan every memory of a person and transfer it to a clone. Stephanie's husband accidentally murdered her, then had a clone made so he could access the information about the Gold Chip. As the clone, Julia has used the Gold Chip, specifically designed for Stephanie's brain waves, and downloaded all of Stephanie's memories. It has been made perfectly clear to Julia that, as a clone, she no longer has any of the same rights that a normal human has. Other elements of the show include the romance between Phillip, a computer geek, and Penny, a kooky science nerd. Adrian Turner, undisclosed owner of 4Ever, is working behind the scenes to manipulate the employees of the company.

At the beginning of the show, at the urging of Adrian, Bethany is hired as a sales executive. Colin, the in-name only Owner and CEO, is also being manipulated by Adrian, but that doesn't stop him from getting involved with Bethany. I think that in the near future, some of the issues being dealt with on the show, clone rights, cloned organs, and human computer hybrids, could also turn into real life issues. This show is quickly becoming a favorite of mine and I can't wait for more episode. I do agree that some of the stiffness in the actors will change once they get acclimated into their roles.