Hey, "FK" fans, check this out...
MOONLIGHT, from prolific movie producer Joel Silver ("The Matrix," Trilogy), is about Mick St. John (Alex O'Loughlin, upcoming "White Out"), a captivating "undead" private investigator who uses his acute vampire senses to help the living... instead of feeding on them. In an agonizing twist of fate, Mick was "bitten" 60 years ago by his new bride, the seductive and beguiling Coraline (Amber Valletta, "Hitch"). Immortal and eternally as young, handsome and charismatic as he was then, Mick is sickened by Coraline and other vampires who view humans only as a source of nourishment. With only a handful of undead confidantes for company, including deceitful ally Josef (Rade Serbedzija, "24"), Mick fills his infinite days protecting the living, and trying not to think about how his life would have been if he hadn't followed his heart. However, after six decades of resisting, he wonders if it's time to pursue the love of a mortal. He has his eyes on Beth Turner, a beautiful, ambitious reporter who has been covering the ongoing plague of unusual murders. But would Beth even consider giving up a normal life to be with him, and can Mick risk the pain of seeing himself as a monster in her eyes? As Mick lives between two realities, fighting his adversaries among the undead and falling in love with Beth, he knows he needs to figure out a reason to keep "living." MOONLIGHT is directed by executive producer Rod Holcomb ("ER"). Joel Silver, Ron Koslow ("Birds of Prey"), Trevor Munson and Gerard Bocaccio are also executive producers for Warner Bros. Television.
This fantasy/crime drama show will be premiering on CBS this fall, airing Fridays at 9pm.
Umm, I may just be trippin' but does this show seem like a complete 100% RIPOFF?!?!?!
Even "Angel" had significant changes to the show to make it similar, but this upcoming "Moonlight" for fall is a blatant ripoff with no originality.
1) FK = Nick / ML = Mick
2) Both about vampires who solve crimes using their vampire abilities, FK = homicide detective / ML = p.i.
3) FK = Nick was bitten 800 years ago by lover Janette / ML = Mick was bitten 60 years ago by new bride Coraline
4) Both Nick & this new Mick are sickened by vampires who see humans as a source of norishment, including their current/former lover. FK = Janette / ML = Coraline.
5) Nick spent his time solving homicides for Toronto P.D., in order to forget his choice to be a vampire. Mick spends his time solving various crimes of the night as a p.i., and also trying to forget his choice of vampireism.
6) After much time resisting, both Nick & Mick are tempted to pursue the love of a mortal woman. FK = Natalie / ML = Beth.
7) Both Mick & Beth of "ML" are torn over whether to pursue their love. Beth is afraid of the vampire life, and Mick is afraid of being seen as a monster in her eyes. The same exact angle with Nick & Natalie throughout the run of "FK".
Both Nick & Mick found their only drive to keep living is their love for a certain mortal woman. Otherwise they are being set up as suicidal & depressed. "FK" actually ended with this resolution.
Just wanted to point this out for the "FK" fans. To me, every single character angle and overall plot is a complete copy of "FK". How ironic that both were born at CBS.