Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2009)

Fosters PS2 video game ideas.

Taranchula

[41]Oct 29, 2005
    • level: 8
    I am just having WAY too much fun with this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taranchula

[42]Oct 30, 2005
    Here's another....

rukift

[43]Oct 30, 2005
    • level: 19
    It's not a PS2 video game, but a Tamagotchi/virtual pet based on Foster's would be the best thing in the world, huh? XD

Taranchula

[44]Oct 30, 2005

rukift

[45]Oct 30, 2005
    • level: 19
    Those are pretty good.

Taranchula

[46]Oct 30, 2005
    rukift wrote:
    It's not a PS2 video game, but a Tamagotchi/virtual pet based on Foster's would be the best thing in the world, huh? XD

Even though Virtual Pets are not my thing, I can so see something like that sold in stores, the concept just sells itself. Kudos!

Taranchula

[47]Oct 30, 2005
    and finishing off my series of Foster's games staring supporting characters here's....

Taranchula

[48]Oct 31, 2005

Game Name: "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Imaginary Life"
    Genre: Miscellaneous -- Virtual Life

In the grand tradition of such games as "The Sims", "Animal Crossing" and "Harvest Moon" comes FHFIF: Imaginary Life.
    Yes for the first time ever you can live the life of an Imaginary Friend and control their destiny at the Foster's Home.

Play as one of the pre-existing characters or create your own with FHFIF:Imaginary Life's extensive character creator, give or teach your friend certain skills in order to complete various tasks and challenges around the house, give your friend a base personality that determines how you interact with others. Will you be helpful like Wilt?, a troublemaker like Bendy?, impulsive like Bloo?, crazy like Coco?. It's totally up to you. (But remember there are good or bad consequences for every action you take.)

Decorate your living quarters in any manner you see fit by accqureing, trading or buying all sorts of Fosters related paraphernalia.

Take your characters on-line and interact with other players from around the world.

FHFIF: Imaginary Life is rated E for everyone!

Kip_Snip

[49]Oct 31, 2005
    • level: 24
    Wow. Great idea, Taranchula.

Taranchula

[50]Oct 31, 2005
    Kip_Snip wrote:
    Wow. Great idea, Taranchula.

If only it were true... if only.

Taranchula

[51]Nov 24, 2005

Bringing this back with my parody of Metal Gear Solid, are you ready for some "Tactical Herriman Action"

I give my life,
    Not for honor, but for you.
    (Carrot Eater)
    In my time there'll be no one else.
    Crime! It's the way I fly to you.
    (Carrot Eater)
    I'm still in a dream, Carrot Eater!

NeitherSparky

[52]Nov 24, 2005
    • level: 30
    rukift wrote:

OMG. I would buy one right now. O_o I had one of the original Tamagotchis. Do they make a Red version?

(And this is my first time reading this thread. Yes Traverse made all the games featured on my website. And I'd offer to archive more but I'm short on space and might have to pull that section as it is anyways. But I might not be able to continue posting as many screencaps otherwise. I'm still looking into moving my site to a different server though, I'd have more space if I did.)

exit1724

[53]Nov 25, 2005
    • level: 15
    NeitherSparky wrote:
    rukift wrote:

OMG. I would buy one right now. O_o I had one of the original Tamagotchis. Do they make a Red version?

(And this is my first time reading this thread. Yes Traverse made all the games featured on my website. And I'd offer to archive more but I'm short on space and might have to pull that section as it is anyways. But I might not be able to continue posting as many screencaps otherwise. I'm still looking into moving my site to a different server though, I'd have more space if I did.)
    a fosters game wouldnt be good seriously what would be the point??????????!!!!!!!!

lazlo_dork

[54]Nov 25, 2005
    • level: 29
    How does everyone do those nice game covers?

imaginaryfan

[55]Nov 25, 2005
    • level: 13
    exit1724 wrote:
    NeitherSparky wrote:
    rukift wrote:

a fosters game wouldnt be good seriously what would be the point??????????!!!!!!!!

THEY MADE A FRICKEN HIHI PUFFY AMI YUMI GAME, IF THEY CAN DO THAT, THEY CAN MAKE A FOSTERS GAME

soundsofsilence

[56]Nov 25, 2005
    • level: 23
    Taranchula wrote:

Bringing this back with my parody of Metal Gear Solid, are you ready for some "Tactical Herriman Action"

I give my life,
    Not for honor, but for you.
    (Carrot Eater)
    In my time there'll be no one else.
    Crime! It's the way I fly to you.
    (Carrot Eater)
    I'm still in a dream, Carrot Eater!
    lol.

Taranchula

[57]Nov 25, 2005
    exit1724 wrote:

No point really, I just like to have fun with the concept (Parody) and make up the kind of games that "I" would like to play if they happened to be real. (Like I must not be the only out there who would love to play a Sims/Animal Crossing type game with Foster's characters allowing you to do the kinds of stuff they do on the show and more.)

But yeah I do see your point as it is a rule of thumb that most video games based on movies/cartoons/TV Shows tend to be on the sucky side.

But now a recent trend that is emerging in licensed video games is that the creative people who have control of the license (Director's, Actors, musicians etc) have more input about how their project is portrayed in video game form.

Examples of this are Vin Deisel had a lot of input when making a game based on his Riddick character, Peter Jackson worked closely with Ubisoft when they made a game based on his new King Kong movie.

So my point is that if there were a Foster's game on the horizion, Craig McCracken will hopefully take a hands on role in order to make sure his creations get the video game treatment they deserve, (After all I heard he was a big video game fanatic.)

imaginaryfan

[58]Nov 25, 2005
    • level: 13
    [QUOTE="Taranchula"]

it is a rule of thumb that most video games based on movies/cartoons/TV Shows tend to be on the sucky side.

[QUOTE]

agreed, like the south park games

exit1724

[59]Nov 25, 2005
    • level: 15
    The hi hi puffyamiyumi game sounds like crap and Fosters what would it be another nintendogs but making a imaginary friends and do stuff with it?????????????????????????????????????? and no one will buy the game olny little 4 year olds will and the game will be rated eC or E Not teen!

Taranchula

[60]Nov 25, 2005
    exit1724 wrote:
    The hi hi puffyamiyumi game sounds like crap and Fosters what would it be another nintendogs but making a imaginary friends and do stuff with it?????????????????????????????????????? and no one will buy the game olny little 4 year olds will and the game will be rated eC or E Not teen!

If you want to look at it in that light go right ahead no one is stopping you.

Yeah and I never got the whole Nintendogs/Virtual Pet thing either. (Too much work, not enough reward. Ohh the love of a dog that doesn't really exist how fun, but that is just my opinion.)

That's why the " Foster's game" (Which has yet to exist mind you) would be better suited if it were more like The Sims or Animal Crossing or something of that nature which plays on the whole notion of community and interaction and so forth.

Either way if The Powers That Be come out with a Foster's game and in someway they are able to do everything right and put together a masterpiece of video gaming then I will gladly fork over my hard earned dough, and if they come out with a quick and shoddy piece of crap that I wouldn't even use as a drink coaster (and being realistic it could happen) then I'll simply wont buy it. I am not a corporate slave that will blindly shell out money just because it bears the name and likeness of a cartoon I happen to enjoy. Especially when there are so many quality titles out there, when it comes to video games I am a consumer first and a fan second.

(Pssst by the way the whole Teen rating thing was part of the joke, I mean the whole idea of a imaginary Victorian era rabbit sneaking around shooting soldiers is as preposterous as it sounds and it really can't be done in a eC way now can it?)