Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

The Big Cheese

Aired Unknown Aug 07, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• the great and powerful cheese

this is one of the best episodes of the entire running series. The others are cheese related as well , but this is right up there with " The floor tastes funny ," flaming bunnies , and Brother ladies.
  • Cheese is the sexiest thing alive.

This is just 1 more example of why i love this show and of why cheese is so sexy and awesome and stuff. Even though i thought it was weird when they tried to make cheese's head 3-d, It was still totally awesome. It was pretty clever of the writers to make this episode. Cheese's lines were hilarious as always, and Frankie finally admitted her, um, I guess you could say 'true' feelings for cheese.
    My only concern is that I felt that Bloo was out of character, with not caring about being on TV.
    But, regarless of Bloo, the episode still rocked, as usual.
  • cheese is back!

cheese is one of the most funniest charcters in this series and hes back he was real funny in this episode this episode had a funny and perfect plot and funny lines this episode is a great funny episode for fans of this show i found it real funny when the reporters came at the end of the episode to see the foster's house and it was all a mess and everyone was a huge mess and also i found it funny when cheese kept on yelling or crying goo also returned in this episode and she too was real funny in the end so i give it a 9.4/10
  • Everyone is locked out of the house when Mr. Herriman's security system goes haywire. Now it's up to Cheese to figure out the password.

This episode was very silly. Cheese is alright. His constant urge to make beeping noises got a little annoying, but I think it's funny how he gets on everyone's nerves. I think Mr. Herriman was stupid to misread the directions and pick a code at random. When I saw him do that, I was like 'what in the world!?' I liked the scene where the reporters were roaming around the yard talking to the imaginary friends and then videotaping a naked Eduardo trying to avoid the camera. I thought it was funny how he started to cry when he couldn't avoid the camera. Poor Ed...
  • i love this and my fav character is cheese. he is super funny.

i love this episode! cheese is like the best person on it. what i liked about it was he was listning th mr. herriman while putting in the numbers. when they were all locked out of the house cheese had to save the day. they ended up ruining the house. when the news crow came buy they said bad things about the place that was funny! also another fav part about the episode where ed was in the shower and cheese was behind the curtin ready to stab him. but it turned out to just be a carrot. i love this show and hope many more will.
  • That was hilarious!

this episode was really really funny . . . . except for Chesse\'s voice that really got on my nerves. the ending song was also hilarious because they ended up destroying the house that they wanted on tv! ha ha ha! okay well I need 50 more words so lets see, lets see . . . . . oh the part when wilt walks cheese home and he keeps saying he wants to go to the fair . . . funny, wasn\'t it? By the way I really don\'t like this 100 min word rule it just bores people. well w/e here ya go!
  • But the ending was the anger on its cake.

This episode brings the third apperance of Cheese as he gets a bigger role with him knowing the code after when Mr. Herriman randomly chooses a code without actually looking at it which drives the friends and people crazy. Now there was other problems beside the bad ending which included Bloo just being out of character and that's pretty much it. Now I enjoyed the part where everyone was following a dance routine that helped Cheese give Frankie & Mac the code thanks to Goo but then Cheese happens to block his head onto the buttons causing him to not acess the doors again. But things get worse when the newscast comes and think that they actually torment the imaginary friends but that was just horrible and that's even stupider then in the ending of FGOE. But at least everything goes well again unlike FGOE and so this time at the end , Cheese actually messes up the code which I don't know what happens next.

Overall , this episode may happen to be a little perfect but it's another episode that had " Starting The Good , Finishing The Bad " formula like some of the other episodes that were already aired but it luckily gets a 7.0 out of 10.0
  • Mr.Herimun Puts in a new security system and he fogot what it was and the only person who nose it is Cheese...

My second favorite episode of Foster's home for imaginary friends, my favorite being Squeeze the day.One of the reasons why i love it so much is becouse Cheese is in the episode and Cheese is my 3 favorite character becouse he is sooooo funny! Another reason is that they destroy the house trying to find out what the code is to get in the house, what's surprising is that they couldn't have just got in by the windows. And during the whole episode frainkie is making wilt go and get stuff and when he gets back she dosn't need the thing and she makes him go and get another thing!

• I only watched this episode for CHEESE!!!!!

Man, Cheese is so funny in this episode. The only reason I watch this episode was for Cheese, because he was so funny. My favorite part was when Frankie was banging her head against a sign, then Cheese was banging his head on the back of the sign. He also says, "I love this game!" That's just one of my favorite lines out of Cheese. I also liked the part was Cheese was being interviewed by news reporter Erin Peterson, and Cheese was talking about all the diseases he had. I really loved this episode that I laughed out loud. It was just so funny!
  • I loved it! Cheese is my FAVORITE character! I loved Mac Daddy, because of Cheese he\'s awesome!!

BEEP, BOPE, BOO, BOP, BEEP, BEEP, BOO, BOP, BEP, BOO, BOO, BOP, BEEP, BOOP, BOPE, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!
    hILARIOUS! But not as amazing as Mac Daddy, still, I luv Cheese! Especially when Wilt goes to the store for Frankie, Cheese starts holding his hand and won\'t let go, \"I like the fair!\" Also, repeativley, after everyone is telling him to \"Go home!\" He simply replies, \"Ckh, o.k.\" and waddles off! But I swere it sounds like he is wereing flip flops when he walks. I think its histeirical when Herriman creates the new house secericty code and \'randomly\' enters a code. That is a bit ut of character, but very funny.
  • Cheese wasnt as hilarious as he was in his previous appearances. But nevertheless, this episode had its funny moments.

The Big Cheese, I believe was a good episode that I think could have been better. And thus, that was why it was not considered as one of my favourites.

But the most funny parts of this episodes include Cheese and the frieds saying "Go Home", the nursery rhymes, Goo's extraction of code, the credits and how can we forget Mr. Herriman's "C Sharp" guessing. Unlike some of the viewersm I liked Bloo's potrayal in this episode. It was possibly a good way to potray his jerkiness.

The only part which I truely dislike is the ending. The media actually inferred the wrong thing about the house. I also feel quite sorry for Frankie. Overall, I personally think this episode was great, but with that unexpected sad twist of Cheese messing up the sequence, it made the episode not as great. I would have just wanted Frankie to just rush and press enter.
  • I only watch fosters for CHEESE!!!!

by...far...the...best...episode....EVER!!!! I TiVoed this episode and i watched it at lease 20 times since it came out aug 7 and nnow its only sept 3! Cheese is the funniest imaginary friend ever! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh omg sprinkel spirinkel little bar what i wonder is a cat..

i quote cheese daily! some time im talking to peopoe then no ones talking and i scream out I LIKE the fair. or something like that... but yeah so ..... leave me a message or some thing if you think..

Cheese, owned by Louise, shold get his own tv show !

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo think he should

And this my good people i leave you with

I....FOUND...A....CARROT!!!
  • I love Cheese! He's so funny in this episode!

When I first saw Cheese, I got hooked to the episode! This is such a funny episode it has been ranked to my #1 favorite episode.
    It's so funny how Cheese is so stupid!
    This episode got funnier by the minute. I'll admit that the beggining was slow and boring, but it got back into it. I just laugh all the way!
  • I liked it but I just Wish...

I liked the show.Laughed a little but I wish they would just make another show like Episode 28:Duchess of Wails.It made laugh hard since it was funny getting Duchess back.

I would say that this show would be a humor and it seems that the people making it would need help with the humor since I don't think it was that funny don't you think?

It was mostly about cheese though(You can tell by the Episode Title).It started out normally but then as everyone was outside it started a humor and it got funnier.I wonder how you think of it?
  • Really too much Cheese!

5.8
    This show is kind of getting downhill with the exception
    Of a few shows. And this one though got on
    My nerves really badly as it showed way, way, too much
    Cheese as Cheese is on and also Bloo is in about
    Every single scene. If Cheese wasn't in the show that much
    This show would had rated a little much higher!
  • The story lacks the polish and humor of other episodes, and everything feels so forced. It's an obvious attempt to shoehorn Cheese into another episode given his popularity and the network's many promotions featuring the character, and it suffers for it.

The Big Cheese sees one of Foster\\\'s best characters trotted out in the show\\\'s worst episode. The story lacks the polish and humor of other episodes, and everything feels so forced. As much as I loved Cheese in the original Mac Daddy, his character brings nothing new here. It\\\'s an obvious attempt to shoehorn Cheese into another episode given his popularity and Cartoon Network\\\'s many, many promotions featuring the character, and the episode falters for it.

Bloo seems horribly out of character this episode -- despite the constant promiss of the TV spotlight and his obsession with fame and publicity in past episodes, here he doesn\\\'t care. Mr. Herriman is too old and naive to understand how to set a random password (which can be believed given his character), but he is fully capable of installing and programming a home security system? Wilt trying to shake Cheese off so quickly despite him being Mr. Polite? Frankie willing to destroy the house when she could just as easily broke into a window, used any number of other entrances seen in previous episodes, or called a technician?

Though not exactly horrible gaffs, they are difficult to dismiss given the show\\\'s prior excellence and only serve to bog down the episode. Granted, it is silly in itself to take a show like Foster\\\'s seriously, but the episode is simply too dumbed down and poorly thought out to make it believeable, and the hackneyed plot with Cheese is both completely uninteresting and without merit. It\\\'s the only episode which completely failed to entertain me, and that hurts the show. Cheese\\\'s introduction in Mac Daddy is one of many great notes in the series, so it\\\'s surprising to see his character\\\'s follow-up story to be so unrewarding to watch.
  • Slow start at first, but then gets back to Cheese\'s roots.

I was really excited for a sequel to "Mac Daddy," given that I absolutely loved Cheese.

The episode started out slow, I thought. Rather than capturing the hilarity of Cheese like his first appearance did, I think it overused his catch phrases too much (hearing *deep breath* Ok" over five times in the first 10 minutes was just too much, plus "I like chocolate milk\" felt kind of out of place this time around).

Once the friends get locked out though, the episode gets a LOT funnier. Starting with the nursery rhymes, and how even the mention of something Cheese found scary set him off, the episode becomes a laugh-fest. The episode culminates in pure insanity, getting back to Cheese's roots while keeping itself from overusing Cheese's phrases from "Mac Daddy" (with the exception of one last "*deep breath* ok").

I hope that they keep using Cheese in future episodes, and I hope that next time they think of some new things for him to say and do - I mean, with an imaginary friend with the IQ of a pigeon, the sky's really the limit on what they could do with him!

Or as Cheese would put it: "Do-it-again-do-it-again-do-it-again-do-it-again-do-it-again!"
  • THIS SERIES IS GETTING FUNNY BY THE MINUTE and chesse is the second key of the show success funny as hell,funny funny funny funny funny funny made i hope he'll be in the upcoming foster's movie good wilt hunting cheese is the third funniest characters ids

When cheese locks everybody out the house,they must calm him down in order to get the code and they when through hell to try to cheer this fool up and man this esipode got emmmy or naacp image award written all over it man cheese is so so hilarious to me and the best part about he does'nt get mad or sad and man this fool can really be a comedy act funny funny funny funny funny,another great installment for craig maccracken funny funny funny funny funny and i like when frankie called mr. herriman bugs dummy that was so so funny,I LOVE THIS SERIES!
  • The gang and the residence of Foster's are locked out and only Cheese could help them.

Ever since his debut in "Mac Daddy", Cheese has become one of the popular characters in Foster's, due to his bizarre personality and his pensions for chocolate milk. So it's no that his appearance in "The Big Cheese" makes it a must see in season 4.

While everyone is cleaning up for a live coverage, everyone's favorite (and sometimes annoying) imaginary friend Cheese shows up, who's unusual behavior has become an annoyance to everyone, including Frankie. By Herriman's request, a home security device is installed, but unable to grasps modern technology, he unintentionally locked everyone out by pressing random buttons. Fortunately, Cheese, who was outside when it happened, manage to remember the code and their attempt to get the code out of him becomes a frustration, eventually leading to an unusual conclusion.

Most of the characters maintain their true selves, and along with some great humors and some notable references makes this episode worth it to watch.

The Big Cheese has been worth the wait since the announcement of Cheese's return, and an episode everyone should watch.
  • This wasn't as good as Mac Daddy (other wise known in closed circles as just Cheese) but it still was wiked funny!

Omigawd! This episode was really funny! Cheese is back...with a vengence even though he doesn't really look like he has a clue what's going on...lmao! Wilt kept having to run to the store for random things that started with innocent lightbulbs! And then the part where Frankie is banging her head on the pole then Cheese does it saying his famous line "I liiiike this game"... lol And then when he is talking to the reporter lady at the end telling her he has a whole bunch of horrible diseases! He says just randomly "I have scurvy!, I have gingivitus!, I have a tapeworm!, I have toncilitus...etc etc..." Cheese is wicked cool! I luv Cheese!