Four Kings

Pilot

Aired Thursday 8:30 PM Jan 05, 2006 on NBC

• Pretty decent, not great, but has potential.

I always like shows about close friends, so I naturally wanted to see "Four Kings" - plus, Seth Green is a great actor. I'm not familiar with the other three cast members, so I don't have much of an opinion there.

The pilot is, well, a mediocre pilot. There were several "laugh-out-loud" moments, but for the most part, it was simply amusing. I disagree with another review here that says the characters aren't believable friends. I thought they were pretty well-written.

The episode could have moved a bit faster, but I thought the grandma's video was a nice way to begin and end the episode.

I'll give it a few more chances, but if it doesn't improve, I might have to drop it, simply because I already watch too many shows.
  • Eh. It's a pilot allright. So they did a good job at setting me up for the show, but all and all I'm not impressed.

Ok, so I'm a TV buff, and I'm going to watch this show either way because Seth Green is on it. But seriously Seth, make a show that I can't describe as "bubble gum". Premise is good, maybe it'll get better. I was expecting something a little better tho. Here's the deal. 4 guys, move in together, one is a stoner, one gets everything handed to him, the third didn't make a lasting impression on me, and Seth Green is short. Put them together in one house and it's crazy! Well, not yet, but maybe it'll get crazy. All and all, good character portrayer, a bit of development, and a good concept. So we'll see what happens.
  • a show with relationships that are too forced, and not believable

2.8
    i just watched the pilot, and i have to say it was not good at all. the relationships were too forced, the jokes were also too forced. they were trying way too hard to get a laugh. the daughters were brats, and the studio audience did not really seem to get a huge kick out of it.