FOX NFL Sunday

Sunday 12:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 04, 1994 In Season

thefanof

FOX NFL Sunday Fan Reviews (17)

7.6
  • terry bradshaws

Year after year it seems as though Terry has become the host instead of the co-host. Terry may as well be sharing Curt's chair because the other co-host are on the far right side where they belong. His air time (Terry) is much longer than all the others and must i remind everyone he's a co-host not the host (that being Curt's job). Can the heads to be please put him in his place because to add insult to injury he's not really that good at his co-hosting position.
  • 1-Score "F" - Why did you pull my Bears Game???

I LOVE watching my Pregame show - bigtime fan of Michael Strahan...but WHY did you ever pull my Bears at the Half - I hardly get to see my time-you broke my heart! Come on Michael - what's up with that?? I';; still watch your show, but was so upset I switched to CBS and watched Payton Manning....

Please tell me "Why"

Donna
  • A big fan

Howie laughing while Terry was quoting scripture about Jimmy Johnson being in a Bible study is the most disrespecting conduct I would expect to see on this or any TV show. Especially at this time, a person's religion should not be treated so. It is time all Christians make no excuses and stand up for our beliefs and not allow anyone to ridicule us for doing so without being held accountable.

• Frank C.

Frank is the best. This new guy just isn't cutting it. We miss Frank. Bring him back.
  • Bring Back Frank C.

New comedian - P U Stinks
  • Frank Caliendo

Fox Sports: You folks have a great show and I watch it every week during the NFL. Please remove the Frank Caliendo(sp) segment. I am not sure why you think you need a comdeian to help predict the games. The gentleman is NOT funny and actually is degrading which brings down your show. I ALWAYS mute that part or switch channels until he is done. You already have a comedian on the show in Bradshaw.....blah. Other than that keep up the good work.
  • The Grandpa Girl on Fox

One word for the show - UNPROFESSIONAL!

After so many years doing highlights you would think Terry Bradshaw would have improved a little. I'm sure people think he's "homespun & colorful", but I just see inept and unprepared. I suppose everyone likes the light and funny format, but most of the time it's just childish and hurtful. Why don't you hire some comedy writers? Most of the ad-libs are just inane. Howie Long is the only really classy individual on the set, but sometimes he gets caught up in trying to talk over the others as well. His frustration with the clowns he's surrounded with is palpable. Fox execs, your production value is really lacking. I'm no director, but I'm sure I could improve this HORRIBLE show! You've got my info, so ask me how, if you care at all!

• Howie Long making snide remarks about Philadelphia did not sit well with many people from the area.

As a Philadelphian I wasn't happy about Howie's comment to Terry concerning Philadelphia. Evidently Terry and his family feel the same as many people in the Tri State area. If Howie has a problem with the city and his Villanova days he should have just shut up. "If you can't say anything good, then don't say anything". The booing of Santa Claus happen over 30 years ago, but sports writers and commentators talked like it happened yesterday. You would think that Howie Long could make a better contribution to the show. He has always been my fovorite but no longer. Fame has gotten to Howie or his living in lala land. Your next appearence In Philadelphia deserves a round of booing like Santa's got some 30 years ago.
  • My picks up against Terry and all.

Missed week one (although I have my picks to say what now is to late). So here are my week2 picks as of last Wed. NO SF Az NY Giants as my upset special Could't decide between NYG or Clev. So i went with the harder game. As for the FOX crew I have always loved their show. Will not watch anyother. Always get a kick out of Frank. He out did himself this week doing Leno. I may not agree with all their takes but that is what makes this Country so great.
    I respect what they say. Always been a Bradshaw and Long fan. Jimmy onthe other hand...well lets just say I'm glad he's no longer a Cowgirl Coach. Then there was Michael...he's so bad. Just like he was with the Giants. Ok...lets not forget our gracious host. Without whom the show wouldn't work.
  • This show is awesome. Curt, Terry, Howie, Michael, and Jimmy are a one of a kind crew that I can't stop watching.

When I watch FOX NFL Sunday, I am reminded of why Terry Bradshaw was no longer wanted on CBS. Although look at the NFL Today now and it's not as informative or joke-free as it once used to be. Now, it's trying too hard to be like FOX which still has the best market for football. Plus they don't incorporate 1,000 commercials like CBS does with all their games. I miss the segment actually when each announcer would be asked about their game and how it could affect the rest of the league. That was one of my favorite parts, and I do miss Jimmy Kimmel on the show, even though Frank is pretty funny also. This is still my favorite football show to watch on Sunday. Yes, better than NFL Countdown, better than the NFL Today, and by far better than NFL Gameday Morning. FOX should have a lifetime license of carrying NFL games because it is that good.
  • i watch your show every week but i am disapointed that you do not always show the games listed

7.7
    i am very disapointed in the way fox airs its games i have to settle for seatle vs rams when they advertized NYG vs vikings normaly your show is top notch and some times funny but when fox does what they are doing it reflex against your show i gave up aa chance to go on a date to day because they have been advertising the giants game all week so now i am forced in changing chanles and watching the KC chifes not nearly as good a game as the giants and vikings i like both of those teams thank you
  • Will miss JB Brown though

I really love the foursome of Howie, JB, Terry, and
    Yes, even though he can be a jerk at times
    Jimmy Johnson but you love to hate him or hate to
    Love him. I will miss JB Brown when he moves to
    CBS as he will be a tough act to follow as I wonder
    Who will take his place at the FOX NFL Today!
  • These four are great!

This is one of the only shows of this type that I watch. These guys are great together and they even add some humor towards each other. They always know all the break downs of every NFL team. I will always watch this before every NFL game on FOX. This is to you Terry, Howie, JB, and Jimmy.
  • Terry, JB, Howe and Jimmy Johnson work great together, like an oiled up machine. They make you laugh, give you the latest news and interviews in the NFL, and they also break down game day previews. This is the best hour game day preview on TV.

I started watching NFL on Fox Pregame show since it debuted in 1994.

James Brown (JB)- JB is the guy that calms the storm when debates erupt. He's also there to get things rolling when the guys are stuck on one topic for too long.

Terry Bradshaw (TB)- He's the comedian of the group and makes you laugh left and right. 10 yards with TB is a great segment, as we get to know more about certain football players during the segment. Terry's got the hots for Jillian Barberie (Weather girl) and the two exchange pickup lines between the two.

Howe Long- Howe is the 'hunk' out of the group and the guys make wise cracks at Howe sometimes, especially the movie he was in, which was Firestorm. His buzz cut hair is the topic of discussion at times, which is pretty funny.

Coach Jimmy Johnson (Dallas Cowboys)-
    Jimmy is there to give his thoughts on current football players and teams. Jimmy does a lot of joking as well and it's nice to see another side of Johnson.

Frank Caliendo (comedian) Frank is there to make fun of most of the guys behind the booth, especially TB and Howe. TB is balled and Caliendo TB is the butt of his jokes.

Like I said, this is a well oiled machine that works perfect together and have been going strong for 12 years.
  • The best NFL pre-game show on television

The NFL Fox Pregame show burst onto the scene in 1994, when FOX surprised many people by getting the NFL broadcasting contract from NBC. It has been the best pregame show on TV ever since.

Co-hosted by James Brown (typically referred to as just "JB"), whose smooth composure keeps "the gang" on topic as much as possible, the show takes an informative but interesting and humor-filled approach to discussing news around the NFL and each week's match-ups. Hall of Fame Quarterback Terry Bradshaw and Defensive Lineman Howie Long have been co-hosts since its created in 1994, and provide a wealth of football knowledge, and plenty of humor and jabs at one another. Terry obviously offers especially good insight and opinions on offenses, and Howie, defenses, though neither is restricted to just one or the other.

During his tenure on the show, Cris Collinsworth added an offensive/wide receiver point-of-view to the show. He fit right in with Howie and Terry, with the former often giving Cris a hard time about the lack of toughness in wide receivers.

After Cris's departure, recently retired coach Jimmy Johnson stepped in as the fourth co-host. Known for his always perfectly combed hair, Jimmy, like JB, usually provides a straightforward, more serious minded voice, though it is not unusual for he, Terry and/or Howie to be jabbing at one another.

Well-known for her work on shows such as Good Day L.A., and Good Day Live, among others, the attractive Jillian Barberie provides the weather information for each of the games around the league.

And finally, there is the "Weekly Picks segment." Jimmy Kimmel originally played the part, and enjoyed poking fun at Terry Bradshaw. Bits and jokes about growoing up on a farm, coming from 'the country,' having blonde hair and living up to that 'dumb blonde' generalization, and being bald were among Jimmy's ammunition. Of course, Howie or Cris got their fair share too. After a usually very funny five or so minute segment, Jimmy would list his picks, culminating with his "Upset Special."

With Jimmy Kimmel departing to host Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2003, Frank Caliento, of Mad TV fame, stepped in to fill the void. Known for his John Madden impression, Frank has shown an ability at impersonating quite a diverse list of people, including JB, Terry, Howie, and recently, Dr. Phil during his "Weekly Picks segment."

The FOX NFL Pregame show has remained atop all of the other pregame shows thanks to its inate ability to combine news, serious discussion, and interviews with humor and light-hearted ribbing.
  • Pregame show to the 1:00 football game on Sunday afternoon. Gives insight, information, and......insight on the upcoming matchups.

My favorite out of the three pregame shows every sunday during pigskin season. Jimmy Kimmel/ Frank Caliendo's picks are great, Jillian Barberie's weather, and the panel of JB, Terry, Howie, and Jimmy Johnson is the best combination in pregame. Beats out ESPN's and CBS's pregame shows. CBS isn't THAT far away, but Fox's beats it out, clearly.
  • uhhh....fox pregame show

This is far aand awat the best nfl pregame show. NFL is the best sport out there and fox has created a show that is a must watch sunday mornings. The guys over at cbs could learn something from this. While fox is fast, fun and informative the snozzefest that is cbs puts you to sleep before the game even starts. gravitas!