Foyle's War Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ITVBetween Seasons

Foyle beyond World War II

LMH68

[1]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 57

Apparently there are discussions going on with Anthony Horowitz about writing some Foyle stories after World War II.

I wouldn't mind it coming back, it's good cast but at the same time, maybe it should go out on a high ...

Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ginger-alert

[2]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    I think it would be quite good for there to be some type of follow up, but I think some variation in the style would be good! I had heard those same romours, so I think it is quite likely

dragonfly_pat

[3]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 19
    I'd love it if the show would continue!

Stefan1970

[4]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 17

I would gladly welcome a return of Michael Kitchen as DCS Christopher Foyle in a post-WWII version of the show.

I think I read someplace where it was suggested they call the show "Foyle's Peace" which sounds like a good title to me.

I would hope that the Sergeant Paul Milner and Samantha Stewart characters would also return.

Stefan1970

[5]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 17

I guess I should have did a little more searching around before I posted my last message. It looks like there is a "Foyle's Peace" in the works.

I have posted a link the the article in the Daily Mail Online website in the external links on the Summary page (article is dated 2008-AUG-24).

No word of Milner, but they are saying that Sam and Foyle will be back!

CRaivios

[6]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 21
    I would be interested but there are a few problems.

The producers complained that the series was too expensive to produce. I cannot see how that situation would change.

Foyle retired. I do not see a new show without him. I only want it back if the whole team is there. Milner moved and got a promotion. Will Sam marry Andrew?

TheOldBill

[7]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 94
    ITV today (10 February 2009) confirmed that the show will return, with three new episodes set in the aftermath of VE Day due to be produced this spring.

thuginthemaking

[8]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 20

I would love to see Foyle back...!

TesserT

[9]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 78
    TheOldBill wrote:
    ITV today (10 February 2009) confirmed that the show will return, with three new episodes set in the aftermath of VE Day due to be produced this spring.
    Looking forward to these 3 new eps. The article quotes ITV as saying "Like everyone else, detective chief superintendent Christopher Foyle needs to feel his way in this new world. Keen to retire, but bound to his old job by the shortage of senior men, Foyle is thrust into the dangerous worlds of international conspiracy and execution, military racism and national betrayal." Great to have Foyle back but no mention of the rest of his team only that "Foyle's War will return to ITV1 with a "new $tyle series" set..." I have to believe that the story will unite the entire team again.

who161

[10]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    filming taking place at The Butts, in Brentford, Middlesex. w/e 25/6/09

tramission probably Autumn 09 or during 2010

Vaughan7

[11]Aug 14, 2009

I am glad to hear of the post war shows. VERY! I know that they will be as exellent as the series so far.

There are so many plots to be developed in post war Britian. More shortages, maybe some guest stars

of fame. You do not suppose Aunt Mimi took young John Lennon to Hastings on holiday, do you?

At any rate, I want Foyle to marry Sam. NOT the young son, (no letter even before or at Malta, Jeeeez!)

At anyrate, Older man- younger woman when they care for each other SO much... It's my dream

and if my girlfriend could not get it out of my head, nobody can. I would also like Christopher Folye to take Sam

on a working honymoon to The States to make good on the promise he made in "Fifty Ships".

Maybe bump into the Major and help him regain some interest in fishing and lose the nightmares.

Any plot as long as our new D.I. with the eager young desk Sgt. and Folye's son are also in it.

This show actually beats out Barnaby and his Murders by a bit. More is Good!

Regards,

The Gordfather

MarcusAnton

[12]Dec 30, 2009
    When I was at a WWII re-enactment event at The National Motor Museum, Beaulieu last May (see www.northernforties.org.uk and go to Photo Gallery/Beaulieu), I bumped into a number of Military Vehicle Trust classic vehicle owners. They told us they had recently completed filming with their vehicles on another 3 episodes of Foyle's War. One of the memorable stunts they recalled seeing was a stuntman "falling" off a high viaduct bridge for one scene. Since we are now here at the end of December, I would assume these episodes will be screened sometime early in 2010.