Fraggle Rock Forums

HBO (ended 1987)

New Fraggle Film!

mdstudio

[1]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 5
    http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2006/10/fraggle_rock_jim_henson_characters_to_return.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mdrew

[2]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 2

Oh yeah! I'm so excited! I grew up watching this show and loved it. Found this article today on Hollywood Reporter...

'Fraggle' rocks it to big screen

20 October 2006 (The Hollywood Reporter)

Jim Henson's "Fraggle Rock" is coming to the big screen. The 1980s cult hit TV show is being developed by executive producer Ahmet Zappa into a full-length live-action musical fantasy starring the classic characters. Lisa Henson, who serves as co-CEO of the Jim Henson Co. with her brother Brian Henson, brought Zappa on board as exec producer after a pitch meeting with the children's author. "(Zappa) recently created his own fantasy property ('Mighty McFearless'), and we had him in to talk about books and movies," Lisa Henson said. "During that conversation, I had an intuition that he might be a 'Fraggle Rock' fan. He jumped out of his seat when he heard our idea of making 'Fraggle Rock' into a feature-length movie." Zappa is developing a treatment in which puppet stars Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red will travel from beneath the Rock and venture into the human world for the first time.

bellagrrl2

[3]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 3
    YAY!

wwfpooh

[4]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 20
    I just hope they stay true to the original Henson formula and don't negate the events of "Change of Address".

yeah_i_short

[5]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 6
    I love fraggle rock I hope the movie is as good as the tv show. sometimes they try and remake stuff like that and it is terrible.

wwfpooh

[6]Feb 22, 2008

Exactly.

As long as they keep the feel of the series and thusly, keep the relationships therein (Gobo & Red's love/hate relationship [Gobo's leaderly seriousness plays off of Red's adventurous exhuberance very well & Red has let it show that she cares for Gobo in episodes like Let the Water Run, Mirror Mirror, & the like]; Mokey being the artistic flower child of the group; Boober being the Beatle-haired, beatnik-esque let-down of the group; Wembley being the indecisive nice guy of the group etc.) intact, it'll all be good for this fan! ^_^

A fan, who'd love to once again dance [his] cares away, [leaving] worries for another day, [and choosing to] let the music play...Down at Fraggle Rock!

DownatFraggleRock.jpg picture by TherealRNO

Edited on 02/23/2008 5:48pm
    Edited 4 total times.

hpfreakfan

[7]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    Sweeeeeeeeet
    Me and my mother love that show too bad we only have one tape of their show Can't wait to tell my mother!!!!!!
    GO FRAGGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wwfpooh

[8]Mar 5, 2008

:
    Sweeeeeeeeet! GO FRAGGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as long as the people making it don't turn the franchise into something that could be misconstrued as something to look down upon by drastically altering the main focus of the franchise…to show peace, love, and harmony between the four societies-Fraggles, Doozers, Gorgs, and we human Silly Creatures and our pet Hairy Monster dogs.

SgtCashmere

[9]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 15
    Wicked! Are Doc and Sprocket going to be included in this new film? Is the original Doc still around...?

WWinnieF

[10]Feb 8, 2009
    SgtCashmere wrote:
    Wicked! Are Doc and Sprocket going to be included in this new film? Is the original Doc still around...?
    Yes, Gerry Parkes is still alive. And I am sure that Sprocket and Doc would be included, as they're part of the show.