Franklin & Bash Forums

TNT (ended 2014)

Just nice but will not work

krokopt

[1]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 1

I liked the Pilot the show was a nice to watch but in my opinion will not work.
    I would say that this show it's like Alan Shore and Denny Crane in Boston Legal but even they where a bit more crazy. Comedy does not work in 40 minutes shows and they don't have enough "freak show" to make the long run.
    They tried to show some ass and bubes, comedy and strange characters but I did not see enough of any of this to make this one show that would be on air for long time.
    My opinion will be one "nice" show to watch but will not have more then 2 seasons.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 18

I thought it was alright. Not great, but good.

I'd say it's more like "The Defenders" than "Boston Legal" and the Defenders didn't do great.

However Frankling & Bash is on cable, so the rules change a little. Cable is bigger on giving middling shows a chance and certain things just do better on cable than network since network shows usually require making "everyone" happy.

Will it last? I have no idea.

storepatter

[3]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 6
    Well, I hope you are wrong - its great fun, and there needs to be something on TV which isn't just a lot of depressing people backstabbing each other all the time.

omega_dog

[4]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 8
    kanniballl wrote:

I thought it was alright. Not great, but good.

I'd say it's more like "The Defenders" than "Boston Legal" and the Defenders didn't do great.

However Frankling & Bash is on cable, so the rules change a little. Cable is bigger on giving middling shows a chance and certain things just do better on cable than network since network shows usually require making "everyone" happy.

Will it last? I have no idea.

You're right I like this show and I think it's a good one, and it's a good thing it's not on a network channel because anything put on them that is any good is usually canceled.

haldrey

[5]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 22
    I liked Boston Legal and The Defenders and I do like this one. I am in favor of all legal shows that go to the light side. I still miss Boston Legal and The Defenders life was cut short. I hope this one fills the vacuum in my TV schedule left by the other two.