Frasier

Flour Child

Aired Unknown Oct 11, 1994 on NBC

• Nilles tries to discover if he is daddy-material! Hilarity follows as usual.

The third in my top three favourite episodes. After "helping" (aka running to a falafel stand for a pot of hot water) to deliver a baby in a cab, Niles wonders whether or not he and Maris should have a child. When Frasier mentions a test that high school students have to go through, nurturing a bag of flour for a week, Niles decides to take the plunge. Finding his child is already hilarious; he walks into the kitchen and picks up a bag of sugar saying: extra-refined Niles says: it's taking after it's old man already. Frasier: No Niles, that's the sugar. If we're going to do this, we're going to do it right. Now, here is the flour.
    [reads from the label]

Frasier: Bleached, 100% fat free, best when kept in an air-tight container. It seems this one is taking after its mother.

Every single time I see Niles wandering around with his flour child, I just have to giggle. Especially when he explains the so-called scuffs that his baby suffers throughout the episode; such as being run through with a hair pin, being kicked into the reflecting pool, bursting into flames and sliding down the front of the car onto the ground and finally being ripped to shreds by the lovely "dingo" Eddie. This episode is a classic must-watch episode of the series.