Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

A third spin off.

captainmidnght

[21]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    i have been told there won't be third installment,i cannot name names as i'm in the industry but i know at least 3 of the original charactors have said no ,it has run its course.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DSJAM

[22]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    I loved this show so much and would love to see some original stories involving these characters, but I think another series would probably fail simply because the chances of catching that same lightning in a bottle would be nearly impossible. However, A reunion movie some time in the future could be a perfect way to glimpse into what the characters have been up to and would certainly have a better chance of being up to the same standards of the show. Just an idea. Meanwhile I'll keep watching the reruns.

Yamonaise

[23]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 3
    who really would want another instalment. really let go already! this is one of the best shows ever, but you all must admit the humor declined towards the end. it had a good ending, just leave it at that

sweet_jane

[24]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 37
    I would love to see a spin-off for Niles and Daphne and their new family with a reoccurring role of Frasier, Martin, and Roz often visiting.

Uptight

[25]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    If they did another spin off it should be about Lilith. She deserved her own show.

mp34mp

[26]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 16
    Wow at some of these responses. A spin-off would be terrible. They've already exhausted most of the characters. Note they also changed the Frasier character a bit from the Cheers version. He went from being a beer drinking, cigarette smoking commonfolk wannabe over-intellectual average household citizen to an isolationist sherry-swilling anti-smoking pretentious anti-beer snob & antique art collector who became exceedingly critical and detail obsessed who became a radio psychiatrist which the show played heavily off of. The seeds were planted of Frasier Crane in Cheers, but they didn't fruitage until "Frasier". And any spin-off, they'd have to do that with the characters as well. Even Hester Crane went from being a knife-stabbing crazy lunatic to a deceased beloved mother. And for the other options like Lilith, Kenny, Roz and Niles & Daphne, I've already had a lifetime's worth of them, especially the latter. There was already signs of Daphne being overbearing and annoying as a wife.

PiperPrueLover4

[27]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 18

I think it'd be great to have a spinoff just continuing in Seattle from after Frasier left. Perhaps Ronee and Martin could live in Frasier's old apartment (but maybe decorate it differently) and Niles and Daphne in theirs with their child.

Roz being the new station manager would keep up the involvement of KACL, so you could still have the fun characters in there such as Gil Chesterton, and we could even meet Frasier's replacement at the station (who could be Niles with his own new producer? Or perhaps not)

This way there is a humongus dose of familiar with the remaining 4 characters from Frasier, plus some new and exciting storylines from new characters such as Ronee and Frasier's replacements.

Edited on 01/14/2009 3:09pm

BuskieBoy

[28]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    mp34mp wrote:
    Wow at some of these responses. A spin-off would be terrible. They've already exhausted most of the characters. Note they also changed the Frasier character a bit from the Cheers version. He went from being a beer drinking, cigarette smoking commonfolk wannabe over-intellectual average household citizen to an isolationist sherry-swilling anti-smoking pretentious anti-beer snob & antique art collector who became exceedingly critical and detail obsessed who became a radio psychiatrist which the show played heavily off of. The seeds were planted of Frasier Crane in Cheers, but they didn't fruitage until "Frasier". And any spin-off, they'd have to do that with the characters as well. Even Hester Crane went from being a knife-stabbing crazy lunatic to a deceased beloved mother. And for the other options like Lilith, Kenny, Roz and Niles & Daphne, I've already had a lifetime's worth of them, especially the latter. There was already signs of Daphne being overbearing and annoying as a wife.

Wow. Not much of a fan eh?
    Why did you bother even posting here?
    Did you watch "Frasier" to punish yourself?

mp34mp

[29]Jan 20, 2009
    BuskieBoy wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

Once again, another one of you posters lacks perspective. I've been watching Frasier since Day 1, and I watched Cheers since Day 1, and if that doesn't make sense, it means the day the shows premiered on NBC. And if you checked my show ratings, you'll see I gave both shows a 10. And if you still need it spelled out, I'm a huge fan of both shows and I still watch both shows in reruns. That said, a spin-off would be a horrible idea, and no plot with the remaining characters would be good at all. We've already seen the Niles / Daphne plots, and they weren't that enjoyable, let alone a series wouldn't be any better.

mp34mp

[30]Jan 20, 2009
    Uptight wrote:
    If they did another spin off it should be about Lilith. She deserved her own show.

Not really. The Lilith character wasn't that developed or was that interesting, and who would be a fan of it? - the lousy woman already cheated on Frasier. She has a sterile personality, has no friends and at this point, Freddy would be off to college leaving a crusty bitter monotoned woman all by herself.

ArthurBranch

[31]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 5
    mp34mp wrote:
    BuskieBoy wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

Once again, another one of you posters lacks perspective. I've been watching Frasier since Day 1, and I watched Cheers since Day 1, and if that doesn't make sense, it means the day the shows premiered on NBC. And if you checked my show ratings, you'll see I gave both shows a 10. And if you still need it spelled out, I'm a huge fan of both shows and I still watch both shows in reruns. That said, a spin-off would be a horrible idea, and no plot with the remaining characters would be good at all. We've already seen the Niles / Daphne plots, and they weren't that enjoyable, let alone a series wouldn't be any better.

So why don't you let people who support the idea of a third spinoff talk about it in peace, without you chiming in with post after post tearing apart the idea? You've made your point -- now be done with it and leave the thread to people who like the idea.

mp34mp

[32]Feb 2, 2009
    ArthurBranch wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    BuskieBoy wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

So why don't you let people who support the idea of a third spinoff talk about it in peace, without you chiming in with post after post tearing apart the idea? You've made your point -- now be done with it and leave the thread to people who like the idea.

Why do I suddenly feel like the radio producer Andy in the Teen Scene radio show, season 9, episode 14, "Juvenilia" just now...

Emily: [cutting him off disdainfully] "We weren't talking to you!"
    Andy: "...Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay......"

cvjrbdjkasfi

[33]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    A spinoff will smell like poop.

PiperPrueLover4

[34]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 18
    mp34mp wrote:
    Uptight wrote:

Not really. The Lilith character wasn't that developed or was that interesting, and who would be a fan of it? - the lousy woman already cheated on Frasier. She has a sterile personality, has no friends and at this point, Freddy would be off to college leaving a crusty bitter monotoned woman all by herself.

Her sterile personality is kind of what makes her special and fun to watch.