Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Age difference?

luvNiles

[1]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 2
    I just watched "Momma Mia" on DVD.....the one where Frasier compiles some old home movies for Martin's birthday.   They showed Niles and Frasier as children.   Does anyone know exactly how much older Frasier is than Niles?   After seeing them as kids, I would guess Frasier to be about three years older than Niles. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BuskieBoy

[2]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 22
    That's what I think too. Round about 2 or 3 years. That would make sense on a pychological standpoint with the sibling rivalry too! I heard that kids that are less than 3 years apart fight more. Apparently it is because the eldest sib is emotionally mature enought at 3 or older to handle the loss of attention.

And I didn't attend Harvard OR Oxford!
    Edited on 10/21/2006 9:36pm

Fairyfloz

[3]Dec 28, 2006
    • level: 5
    I would have thought that Frasier was bit more than 2 or 3 years older than Niles. Maybe about 4 or 5 years older? In Bristle While You Work (2) we see Niles and Frasier in the hospital as kids. In his scene Frasier looks quite a bit older than Niles. At one point Niles also mentioned that he was having a flash-back. Frasier was on top of his crib and strangelling him. This means that Frasier was at least old enough to climb up the crib and he had the strength to stranggle. He must have been at least a couple of years older but I would have guessed that he was about 4 years older.