Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Chicago? i don't quite understand!

tazzy_devil_77

[1]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 4
    wasn't the job in san francisco. So why did frasier go to chicago.

was he visiting that girl or leading a double life. will sum1 please clear up this queery.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jjrules15

[2]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 9
    He was going to take a chance and try his relationship with Charlotte.

Hungry_Homer111

[3]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 26
    tazzy_devil_77 wrote:
    wasn't the job in san francisco. So why did frasier go to chicago.

was he visiting that girl or leading a double life. will sum1 please clear up this queery.

My dad asked that when he saw that episode. But, yeah, he decided not to take the job, and instead try to start a relationship with Charlotte.

b2c3

[4]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 10
    it was so obvious that he was going to see Charlotte, I can't imagine anyone not getting that, ah well, i guess people could.

A great way to end the show, Frasier the always romantic.

tazzy_devil_77

[5]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 4
    lol sorry.

so he lied to his family. or did he change his mind at the last minute. is it one of those plot ends which is meant to make you think i hate them. i swear they should of killed all the characters off. i like it wen u get to the end. coz im left wondering with it. like friends wat happend after!

Hungry_Homer111

[6]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 26
    tazzy_devil_77 wrote:
    lol sorry.

so he lied to his family. or did he change his mind at the last minute. is it one of those plot ends which is meant to make you think i hate them. i swear they should of killed all the characters off. i like it wen u get to the end. coz im left wondering with it. like friends wat happend after!

He changed his mind at the last minute.

Kill all the characters off?!

alando7

[7]May 28, 2006
    • level: 7

Ahh, why not revive an old thread! I just finished re-watching seasons 7-11 of Frasier over the past few months. The show was never one of my favorites, but it was often good for a few laughs! Niles was definitely my favorite character.   

The landing in Chicago in the final scene of the final episode, however, is why this show was never a favorite of mine. Frasier is pathetic! Take the job in San Francisco already! Not to mention the girl on the plane was 10 times hotter than the one in Chicago that he went to see. You would think based on his relationship and dating experience (not to mention the background in psychiatry) that he would have figured out by now that he is destined to be alone, because of his desire for "the chase", not real love. Atleast take the San Francisco job and the extra money! What was he going to do in Chicago, anyway?!

HelloStuart

[8]Jul 6, 2006
    • level: 63
    Hey... I really enjoyed that twist ending. So what if he doesn't have a job- for once he won the girl.

alando7

[9]Sep 11, 2006

So what if he doesn't have a job- for once he won the girl.

But Frasier had many opportunities to win various girls and he usually threw the relationships away or did things to bring about their demise. What is it that would make you think that this girl in the series finale would be any different? This is why I think it is such a bad ending. We see the same old pathetic Frasier doing the same old pathetic things. Clearly, one must conclude that this "last" relationship will also fail.

A better ending would have been him returning to Boston to reunite with old friends at Cheers or to rekindle the marriage with his ex-wife (Lillith) or to have developed this new relationship with this new woman early in the season so that when the series ends with him going to be with her, you really believe that it is going to work out for him this time. Instead, it's just the same old pathetic Frasier. That is why Niles will always be the man! Niles married for money and then also got the woman he wanted for so many years. Now that is success!

TVvuer69

[10]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 58
    Who said he didn't take the job in Frisco?  It's possible he flew to Chicago first to see if things would work out with Charolette.  Whether or not it did, he would have gone to SF, take the radio gig anyway and perhaps do a long distance relationship with her.  If things did get serious with them, Frasier would have eventually quit his job or transfer to Chicago to be with her.  I might be missing a couple of things since I haven't seen the finale after its original airdate.

alando7

[11]Sep 12, 2006

Who said he didn't take the job in Frisco?  It's possible he flew to Chicago first to see if things would work out with Charolette. 

Sure, that's possible! Of course, it is also possible that Frasier only said he was going to Chicago to fool us. Then once the show was over, he really got back on the plane and took the SF job! And then ....

We could speculate over everything, but I think it is pretty clear that the ending meant he was choosing the girl over the job. Bad choice Fraz!

phatty_jr86

[12]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 11
    I've only seen the episode once, during it's original airing, and I got the impression that he was stopping by Chicago to get Charlotte to come to S.F. with him. Maybe I thought wrong.

alanwarsap

[13]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 2
    I just got the impression that he chose Charlotte over the job.

chris52579

[14]Sep 27, 2006
    I always thought he went to see Charlotte before starting the show in SF.   Usually there i sometime between taking a new job  and leaving an aold one. 2 weeks ? A  month ? who knows. esp. if  the station in SF needed time to rearrange the schedule and talent.

no1bean

[15]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 42
    i figured he went to give it a shot with charlotte.

luvNiles

[16]Oct 19, 2006
    Sadly, I never watched the show before it was cancelled. I get reruns late at night, and that's how I discovered it. I never, ever laughed so hard and fell in love with the show. I don't know what the heck I was doing for the 11 years it was on!

So, I've been buying the DVDs. Right now, I'm at the very beginning of Season 7. I've seen some of the later episodes in reruns but have never seen the series finale. However, I've read the synopsis. I think I've seen a couple of reruns with Charlotte, and I don't like her at all for Frasier. My absolute favorite of all Frasier's girlfriends was Kate Costas from Season 3. What chemistry they had....wow! Mercedes Ruehl was great....such an underestimated actress too! SHE was the one for Frasier. They had planned a long distance romance but nixed it cause they thought they didn't have enough in common. Big mistake! Niles and Daphne didn't have that much in common either, and look at them!

Anyway.....as I recall, wasn't it Chicago where Kate relocated? Like I said, I haven't seen the finale, but I want to think if Frasier's plane landed in Chicago, he met up with Kate, who hired him on at her radio station. Frasier and Kate, once again....this time for keeps! Charlotte was just too dull....

Aldrius

[17]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 10
    Yeah, I have to agree... Charlotte did not seem compatible with Frasier at all. He needs someone a bit more... stable. =S

I think my favourite er... 'girlfriends' of his were Lilith and Roz. It has to be someone who can intimidate him enough that he'd be afraid to leave them. He's just too flimsy and indecisive to stay with one woman.

CaptainCaputo

[18]Nov 16, 2006

I felt cheated after watching this it went to a commercial and the show ended i was pissed for a few days about it.

mp34mp

[19]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 16
    Yeah they just showed the finale here in syndication which I saw for the first time. I guess Frasier ended up moving to Chicago, since the theme was "taking chances". I suppose it accurately captures the theme of the episode, it does seem like a rather redundant Frasier action.

I guess it wasn't as bad as the Seinfeld finale, but it does certainly lead the option of a spin-off, assuming if Grammer wants to play the part of Frasier when he's 100 years old.