Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Donny

  • Avatar of aussie_guy1

    aussie_guy1

    [1]Oct 31, 2006
    • member since: 11/01/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 15

    I was watching "Legal tender love and care" today from seaon eight and was thinking that I don't remember seeing Donny in any episodes after that. Is this true?

    It would have been good to see what ended up happening to him. Does anyone else think it woudl have been better if the writers made it so he would eventually end up happy after Daphne?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Senemir

    Senemir

    [2]Nov 1, 2006
    • member since: 05/04/04
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 19
    By coincidence, I just watched the same episode today and I heartily agree with you! Throughout the preceding episodes that included Donny, I thought it was a good idea that they didn't paint him as a bad match for Daphne, which helped heighten the conflict and the drama . He was a likeable guy, and if there was no Niles then one could still foresee a happy future for the two. And I thought the writers also handled the post-Daphne Donny in a very realistic manner, inclusive of this episode.

    And just like you, I hope there still is a future episode in the remaining three seasons i was unable to watch that does include him (aren't there bound to be some that will include lawyers?) And if not necessarily happy, then at least on even better terms with Frasier and the gang.



    (That was an incredible Daphne-Niles romance arc btw!!! But that's another topic.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GovGatling

    GovGatling

    [3]Nov 1, 2006
    • member since: 10/09/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 21
    I was always hoping Mel and Donny would hook up. But maybe that's just me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Senemir

    Senemir

    [5]Nov 1, 2006
    • member since: 05/04/04
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 19
    GovGatling wrote:
    I was always hoping Mel and Donny would hook up. But maybe that's just me.


    Would Donny be happy with a Maris(sp?)-type wife? Would Mel thrive without a Niles-type at her side? Well, one never knows! . Their personalities could be just right for each other, making the other person better off. And if it would have meant everyone being happy eventually, I'd go with that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chris52579

    chris52579

    [6]Nov 2, 2006
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 210

    Senemir wrote:
    By coincidence, I just watched the same episode today and I heartily agree with you! Throughout the preceding episodes that included Donny, I thought it was a good idea that they didn't paint him as a bad match for Daphne, which helped heighten the conflict and the drama . He was a likeable guy, and if there was no Niles then one could still foresee a happy future for the two. And I thought the writers also handled the post-Daphne Donny in a very realistic manner, inclusive of this episode.

    And just like you, I hope there still is a future episode in the remaining three seasons i was unable to watch that does include him (aren't there bound to be some that will include lawyers?) And if not necessarily happy, then at least on even better terms with Frasier and the gang.

    (That was an incredible Daphne-Niles romance arc btw!!! But that's another topic.)

    Yes he showed up Niles and Daphne's ( fake wedding ) at the justice of the peace and  was getting married himself to a ugly woman.  then in the 10th season I think he had a fiance.  Only 2 tah I can think of  right now.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chris52579

    chris52579

    [7]Nov 2, 2006
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 210
    Sorry there was a third  it was when he was suiing Daphne and dropped the case where they all went out to dinner. Donny came over to the table right before Fraiser  blew it withthe woman from meet the parents.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussie_guy1

    aussie_guy1

    [8]Nov 2, 2006
    • member since: 11/01/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 15

    chris52579 wrote:
    Sorry there was a third  it was when he was suiing Daphne and dropped the case where they all went out to dinner. Donny came over to the table right before Fraiser  blew it withthe woman from meet the parents.

    This is the actual "Legal tender love and care" episode from season eight that you are referring to. He ends up getting married to another woman in this episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chris52579

    chris52579

    [9]Nov 3, 2006
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 210

    There was one after that also I thought somewhere in season 9.  I will check taht  unforuantely  have to look on the epsiode guides and through tapes

    BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE DAMN DVD'S OUT YET............

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.