Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Favorite Eddie moment?

luvNiles

[1]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 2

I just love Eddie and think he's the most talented TV dog ever.   Eddie makes any scene he's in even better, but I saw a rerun last night where he was particularly cute.   I don't know the name of the episode, but it has to be from either season 9 or 10 because it's not on any of the DVDs out so far.   I had never seen it before.   It was where Eddie had a little police hat 'cause he and Martin were going to do a school assembly together about safety.   Martin held a rehearsal for Niles and Daphne; Eddie moved his little head from side-to-side, showing how to look both ways before crossing the street; he backed away and hid behind Daphne when asked what to do if a stranger approached; and when Martin asked him what to if his clothes caught on fire, he rolled on his back to and fro.   Such a smart dog.....and a credit to his trainer.

Another funny Eddie moment was in Three Valentines when Niles threw a pot of pasta and water on Frasier's burning couch.....and then Eddie jumped up and started eating it!

I was so sad when I read last June that the first Eddie (Moose) had died.....poor little thing.   I've heard that Peri Gilpin (Roz) has one of his puppies.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alanwarsap

[2]Feb 26, 2007
    I've got to agree with you about "Three Valentines". I also like when Eddie keeps staring at Frasier, my favourite being when Frasiers' reading a newspaper and Eddie's jumping higher than the newspaper to carry on staring at him, I forget which episode that's from though.

magicbyben

[3]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 10

Martin losing Eddie in the elevator.

ebroyr2

[4]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 10
    Eddie jumping up and down to annoy Frasier when he's reading the paper. Can't remember the episode, but it's hilarious!

D-LinkUK

[5]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 24

Not sure which episode it was but it was the one where Martin was telling Daphne about a survey the newspaper did on how intelligent different dog's where buy putting a towel over the dog then seeing how long it took the dog to come from under it, Eddie just sat there under the towel so Martin tried teaching him to fetch his squeaky toys buy telling Eddie the toys name and go fetch, naturally our Eddie ended up fetching any old thing.

alanwarsap

[6]Mar 5, 2007
    I think it was "Moon Dance" from season 3.

tempusfugitrgv

[7]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    Eddie was portrayed by a Jack Russell terrier named Moose for Seasons 1-8 and, I believe, his sons took over for the rest of the series run. Sadly, Moose passed away in 2006, but he had a long life for a dog, and a very successful one. My favorite Eddie moment, and one of my favorites from the whole series, was the episode where Martin was trying to solve an old murder case. Frasier comes to the conclusion that an animal trainer had taught his monkey to kill the victim a la Murders in the Rue Morgue. But it turns out that a cop had done it. During the end credits we see Daphne lying dead, apparently, on the couch, blood dripping from her mouth, and Eddie holding a gun in his mouth, while Frasier comes in the front door. Martin then walks around the corner holding a bottle of ketchup and laughing, Daphne rises and laughs with him and Frasier gives one of those patented "you're soooooo amusing" smirks
    Edited on 03/10/2007 10:17am

ez1jb

[8]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 14
    When Martin dressed him up for St. Patrick's day.

chris52579

[9]Mar 21, 2007

Anytime he stares at Fraiser...

Favorite though is the  in season 4 Mixed Doubles when Friaser losses 2 staring contests to Eddie  then Martin sits down stares Eddie downa nd Eddie runs away.