Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Frasier Season 8 DVD?

ohnoitschris

[1]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 2
    Hi everybody.

With the release of season 5's DVD and season 6's DVDs, the following seasons were announced immediately. Though, with the release of 7 almost a month ago, there's still no word on Season 8's release. Is this due to the lawsuit, and will there be no DVDs of seasons 8-10?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stdwynwen

[2]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 3
    ohnoitschris wrote:
    Hi everybody.

With the release of season 5's DVD and season 6's DVDs, the following seasons were announced immediately. Though, with the release of 7 almost a month ago, there's still no word on Season 8's release. Is this due to the lawsuit, and will there be no DVDs of seasons 8-10?

To not continue with the unreleased seasons is highly unlikely, so I wouldn't worry on that front.

It is more likely because season 7 was the last release for this year. The announcements will probably get rolling again in Janurary 2006....so look for March as a possible date for season 8.

No inside information just doing a best guess.

Hungry_Homer111

[3]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 26
    But the DVDs are released by Paramount, the same company that released one season of Happy Day and apparently is not going to release any more. Yeah, it would be really stupid for them not to release the rest of them and I can't think of any reason for them not to, but the same thing could be said about the Happy Days DVDs, so you never know.

stdwynwen

[4]Dec 17, 2005
    Hungry_Homer111 wrote:
    But the DVDs are released by Paramount, the same company that released one season of Happy Day and apparently is not going to release any more. Yeah, it would be really stupid for them not to release the rest of them and I can't think of any reason for them not to, but the same thing could be said about the Happy Days DVDs, so you never know.

I hadn't heard about them not releasing anymore sets of Happy Days. That's too bad, maybe the first season didn't sell too well.

It can be a catch-22 sometimes. People hold-off buying a season waiting to see if anymore will be released. Studios don't release more seasons because they don't sell enough of the first season.

b2c3

[5]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 10
    i cant even imagine them not releasing the final 3 seasons (8,9,10), why wouldn't they? the sets obviously sell well, i have all 8 that were released. if they don't release the rest i will be so pissed, Frasier is the one series i want all of the episodes, it was such an amazing show.

lemon_accw

[6]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 40
    So how is Season 8? I've only watched Season 1 so far, and I think it's really boring.

However, I notice that Friends Season 1 was really boring too, but as the years went by Friends became hilarious and wonderful. Honestly, how good are seasons 2-10?

b2c3

[7]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 10
    lemon_accw wrote:
    So how is Season 8? I've only watched Season 1 so far, and I think it's really boring.

However, I notice that Friends Season 1 was really boring too, but as the years went by Friends became hilarious and wonderful. Honestly, how good are seasons 2-10?

i am shocked. you think it's boring? yeah the earlier episodes weren't some of the best, but some of them were great. Later on in the seasons they are way better only because we know the characters and what they're like, but the first season was classic and was never boring for me, i watch every disc once and a while, whichever i haven't seen in a bit, love them all.

HooVoo

[8]Dec 21, 2005
    • level: 5
    ohnoitschris wrote:
    Hi everybody.

Lawsuit? What lawsuit?
    Could you please elaborate for us (actually i bet i'm the only Greek who's ever seen Frasier and absolutely loves that show) who do not live in the States and therefore have no idea about any lawsuit?
    Thanks...

MissyPea

[9]Dec 23, 2005
    • level: 5
    BlondeAtHeart wrote:
    I read somewhere that Frasier was going to start showing reruns on Lifetime in March. Does any one know if they are still going through with this or not?

It could have something to do with the above statement! When they started showing reruns of Mad About You on Lifetime, they stopped releasing the dvds! So I don't think season 8 will be on dvd before they have showed the season on Lifetime, sorry!

Chev_350

[10]Dec 29, 2005
    HooVoo wrote:
    Lawsuit? What lawsuit?
    Could you please elaborate for us (actually i bet i'm the only Greek who's ever seen Frasier and absolutely loves that show) who do not live in the States and therefore have no idea about any lawsuit?

From what I understand and there is a good chance I could get this wrong......The people who where partners with Paramount to set the show up tried to get their slice of the profits since they provided an initial investment to get the show started. However as it turns out despite the fact Frasier grossed over 1.5 billion dollars, NBC says that the show fell 200 million dollars from breaking even.

It would be a crime not to release all 11 seasons of the most winningest show in prime time Emmy history, especially after releasing 8 of them all ready (we only have the first 4 in Australia! ) not to mention the DVD sales could actually help make the show some money if it turns out they did loose $200 million

ohnoitschris

[11]Jan 26, 2006
    It's almost February and still no announcement. I'm getting a bit nervous

HelloStuart

[12]Apr 21, 2006
    • level: 63
    Still nothing, huh?

GR8RLUV05

[13]Apr 25, 2006

I just started watching Frasier on Lifetime and I'm hooked on it. I didn't know this show was on DVD! Can I purchase it in any store? amazon.com?

chris52579

[14]Apr 27, 2006
    yes amazon.com has most including the season from 1-7 I think as a package

gege48

[15]May 18, 2006
    • level: 7
    I am anxious to see what happens in season 8. The way the 7th season ended left you wanting more.

chris52579

[16]May 27, 2006
    Season 8 is coming out on 6/13/06 in the US

Munchsack

[17]Jun 1, 2006

Still waiting for a Season Five announcement in the UK. I was thinking of buying US imports, but I'd need a multi-region player. Still not sure if I should just get one and buy the imports or not.

chris52579

[18]Jun 13, 2006
    watching season 8 now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!