Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Frasier's time slot and KACL's schedule

PikeBishop

[1]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 31

Anyone else curious about Frasier's exact time slot and the KACL schedule?

As far as I can see there have been references to Frasier's timeslot being 2 - 5 PM, a prime gig, including the coveted drive-time hours that he partially shares with Bulldog, who takes over at 5.  Assuming a three hour shift, logically Bulldog is probably on until 8.  In "The Innkeepers" and one other episode he is on after Gil Chesterton's restaurant show. I could imagine Gil being on from 12 - 2, although it is probably a one hour show, as a show like Gil's would probably not have enough material to fill more than an hour.

I see it like this:

Gil:   1 - 2PM

Frasier:  2 - 5

Bulldog:  5 - 8

Anyone care to fill in any of the other shows that have been mentioned?  I am pretty sure they have made specific references to shows and personalites on late night and weekends.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chris52579

[2]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 2

Yep  he stated 2-5 in a few different seasons.

One of the best shows is when him and Roz got banished to the midnight to 4am slot.

05BlackV605

[3]Nov 13, 2006
    Yeah I remember that one. Pretty good episode. In Season three right?

luvNiles

[4]Nov 18, 2006
    I like Bulldog, but a little of him goes a long way.   I think I'd be batty if I listened to him for three hours straight!

PikeBishop

[5]Jun 16, 2007
    I think its safe to assume Father Mike's show for the first two years aired Sunday nights at 7PM, which seems to be the "God Spot" for every AM talk station in most media markets.

Stig14

[6]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 56
    I've been watching season 1 on dvd, and in one of the episodes, someone said to Frasier: "I'm free for dinner." and Frasier said that they should listen to Gil Chesterton's show, it comes on at 5.

I'll see if I can find which episode that was, and who it was that he was talking to.

PikeBishop

[7]Jun 23, 2007

Stig14 wrote:
    I've been watching season 1 on dvd, and in one of the episodes, someone said to Frasier: "I'm free for dinner." and Frasier said that they should listen to Gil Chesterton's show, it comes on at 5. I'll see if I can find which episode that was, and who it was that he was talking to.

Yeah, it is tough to get continuity started in a first year show. There are countless times that Bulldog comes in immediately after Frasier's show, and two specific examples where Gil's show precedes Frasier's; "The Innkeepers" where he announces that Orsini's is closing and I believe "Ham Radio."

Stig14

[8]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 56
    PikeBishop wrote:

Yeah, it is tough to get continuity started in a first year show. There are countless times that Bulldog comes in immediately after Frasier's show, and two specific examples where Gil's show precedes Frasier's; "The Innkeepers" where he announces that Orsini's is closing and I believe "Ham Radio."

I know... even in season 1, Bulldog comes into the booth to set up for his show numerous times just after Frasier finishes his show, while the news is on. I think the episode (I still haven't checked) that I was referring to was "The One Where Lilith Comes Back" and it was Lilith that he was talking to... she called in to criticize his advice to a caller, and then admitted she was in Seattle and was free for dinner.

Okay, a quick google search brought up this site with the dialogue:

Lilith: Actually, I'm not doing anything for dinner tonight.
    Frasier: Really? Well, then you'll want to keep your dial tuned to 780 for Gil Chesterton's "Restaurant Beat."
    Roz: Why don't you ask her out to dinner, Dr. Crane?

BuskieBoy

[9]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 22
    I don't know where "Pet Chat" with Arlene (?) would fit. Maybe along with Father Mike on Sunday's most likely!

Wasn't there a "Story Lady" I seem to remember?

Like most radio, they would break for news/weather perhaps every 1/4, 1/2, or on the hour? Chopper Dave would only be on during the morning/afternoon rush.

Maybe that was it for the local talent? I noticed when the "talent" got behind the grunts against Kate Costas there weren't a heck of a lot of folks there.

Perhaps KACL would fill with some synicated shows, ala Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Joy Browne, Art Bell etc.?