Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Just How Wealthy are the Crane Boys?

BuskieBoy

[1]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 22
    I noticed that they never seem to go without, other than that time Niles had his money tied up with the
    divorce to Maris. Just how much moolah do you think Fraiser has?
    How much would he earn from KACL?
    How about Niles? What does he earn?
    How much do you think he got as a settlement from Maris?

They always seem to have lots of extra $.
    They ended up having to buy Martin his Winnebago, due to the Russian Clock fiasco,
    and they're always forking out money for some kind
    of antique pen, or creamer etc!

Any thoughts?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Catatonicc

[2]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 9
     I don't think KACL would have been that big of a money spinner from Frasier perhaps some of his wealth came from a previous practise or sponsership.
     Niles probably from his practise and of course Maris.

BuskieBoy

[3]Oct 8, 2006
    Welcome to TV.com Catatonicc!

I would agree, except he was always going on about his contract, and Bebe was always getting him extra money. His base was probably made from his practice, but I think he must have been getting low 6 figures from KACL? Maybe $150K to $250K ? Then add in his voice ad work etc. ? Even so, he and Niles seem to spend like drunken "yachtmen"?

(I would have said drunken sailors, but hey, it's Niles and Fraiser! )

Fraiser seems to be in the high 6 figures, to perhaps even low 7 figure range. He spends lots more than Niles.
    Edited on 10/08/2006 7:12pm

Catatonicc

[4]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 9
    BuskieBoy wrote:
    Welcome to TV.com Catatonicc!
    Cheers Not to mention they both had pretty swanky apartments.

BuskieBoy

[6]Oct 10, 2006
    Beautiful condos!

By far though, Nile's had the best one, the Montana! All those rooms and a big library and hidden passages! Very cool!

The Crane boys lived very very well!

I just wonder what they could have been making. Fraiser must have been pulling in well over 300K, maybe as much as 500K a year.

I'm guessing.

PikeBishop

[7]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 31

BuskieBoy wrote:
    Welcome to TV.com Catatonicc! I would agree, except he was always going on about his contract, and Bebe was always getting him extra money. His base was probably made from his practice, but I think he must have been getting low 6 figures from KACL? Maybe $150K to $250K ? Then add in his voice ad work etc. ? Even so, he and Niles seem to spend like drunken "yachtmen"

Fraiser seems to be in the high 6 figures, to perhaps even low 7 figure range. He spends lots more than Niles.

I doubt Frasier makes in the seven figures, but it would not be a stretch to think  that he makes in the six figures from the station.  Remember the episode with the support staff wanting to strike and so many of the on-air talent like Bulldog and Gil owning BMWs?   I could see that.

Funny thing is, the part about the suport staff being woefully underpaid is true. I dated a producer (Roz's job) and she was barely making above minimum wage.  No kidding!

BuskieBoy

[8]Oct 13, 2006
    Really? I had no idea they were that underpaid. That looks like a real "ulcer maker" of a job. Lots of running around, timing stuff, putting out fires etc. Headaches galore. Then they give you an insult of a pay cheque.

Still, I think Fraiser could make $400K to $600K range if you include any extra stuff, like commercials etc. We haven't even considered investments. Niles had that episode where he kept investing for Daphne, giving her gains even when her stock tanked. He and Fraiser both invested in that commercial real estate group that tore down Duke's to make that shopping mall.

I am sure both Niles and Fraiser seem prudent enough to invest heavily, and wisely.
    Edited on 10/13/2006 9:59pm

chris52579

[9]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 2

Also  Niles had to get atleast 1 mill from Maris when they split up.  I thnk Fraiser was about 400K +.  Esp when BEBE took on the "hammer " and got him Big $$$$

BuskieBoy

[10]Oct 18, 2006
    Oh for sure! I even think 1million is low. Maris's family wealth, although from urinal cakes, is more than just rich but wealthy. Or given the cakes, FILTHY RICH! There's another question. How rich was Maris? Would $50 million be too much?
    Even if it's only like $10 or $25 million, Nile must have got a good $3 or $6 million. Although I am surprised that there wasn't (correction?) a PRE-NUP between Niles and Maris. I never heard anything about it. I do recall when Donnie was on the phone to Maris's lawyer he was going for "big money".

Donnie: "Wendle, you haven't seen this many zero's lined up since Mr. Spock had a book signing!"

That is also where we learn of Maris's "secret family fortune". I still think Niles has less wealth than Fraiser because of the radio show and all that brings.

luvNiles

[11]Oct 19, 2006
    I don't think it's an exaggeration that both Niles and Frasier earned upwards of one million per year when you consider that psychiatrists can make two to three hundred dollars an hour (their 'hour' is only 45 minutes). On top of that, both Drs. Crane were published. Both made reference to articles they had written for various medical journals. Then there's consultant fees, speaking engagements, etc. This is just from their medical practice. As for Frasier, once he moved to Seattle, I'm sure the station had to match what he would make were seeing private patients.

That being said, Niles probably worked more hours for his money, but then he had part of Maris' fortune too. As far as their residences, I didn't care for Frasier's apartment at all. It was so plain compared to the places Niles lived (except the Shangri La, of course). I actually loved Maris and Niles' house - what we saw of it anyway. The Montana wasn't too shabby either,,..I'd be very happy with that - LOL!! Loved the fainting couch Niles had in his living room at the Montana. He could have used that thing in "Three Valentines".

No doubt in my mind that the Crane boys were both quite wealthy and had very large nest eggs!

BuskieBoy

[12]Oct 19, 2006
    Oh for sure! The Montana had to be at least a $1million condo. It was almost like the Maris estate, which I agree with you was very gothic and very, very much a mansion! I always liked Fraiser's condo, but against the Montana it pales in comparison. I am surprised that the very competitive Fraiser isn't jealous!

I just remembered that Maris runs away to the family owned island. You gotta have major moolah to own an island!

BuskieBoy

[13]Oct 21, 2006
    I found this neat FLOORPLAN! of Frasier's Elliot Bay Towers Condo! Check it out. The site it comes from is called "Goodnight Seattle" and is created and maintained by a great fan by the name of Gareth Thomas.

Check it out. It has oodles of stuff!

everydayheros

[14]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 13
    oohhh thanks. That is cool

luvNiles

[15]Nov 4, 2006
    Thanks for posting that link for the floor plan, BuskieBoy.   How interesting to see it all laid out.   It sure is roomy for an apartment.....that's for sure.   Frasier's bathroom is almost as big as Daphne's bedroom.   That site has lots of other stuff I want to check out too.   Great site....thanks again!

05BlackV605

[16]Nov 5, 2006
    Thnaks for the link. Cool site. I didn't realize how big Fraisier's apartment was!!

ebroyr2

[17]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    I thought Niles got nothing from his split with Maris... in the scene where he announces the divorce to Frasier and Martin, he said she didn't have to give him a thing!

Get_Up

[18]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    ebroyr2 wrote:
    I thought Niles got nothing from his split with Maris... in the scene where he announces the divorce to Frasier and Martin, he said she didn't have to give him a thing!

Yeah, but the divorce only got final on episode "To Tell the Truth" (6-15) and then Niles' divorce lawyer found out information from where Maris' family money came from. Also in the next episode, "Decoys" (6-16), Niles uses Maris' old cottage in the woods that he also won from the divorce.

Cheers,

CSM135

[19]Dec 23, 2006
    Thank you for posting that site. I just read some fan-fic. And i aswell didn't know his apartment was that large.

the1945ghost

[20]Dec 25, 2006
    • level: 12
    cool site