Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Laura Linney

alanwarsap

[1]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    I was just watching a new movie at the weekend called driving Lessons and thought I spotted a face I recognised, it was Laura Linney but she had an English accent.  Is she English or American ?  She's looking her age now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

idreamedmusic

[2]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    She's American - I believe from New York.

alanwarsap

[3]Jan 12, 2007
    I only ask because her accent seemed believable.

luvNiles

[4]Feb 21, 2007

Ugh!  Since the subject of Laura Linney has been brought up, I gotta go on a rant here.   I was so beyond disappointed that this was the bimbo they chose as being "the one" for Frasier.   I absolutely hated that character and don't care for Linney that much as an actress either.   Aside from being a useless bimbo, Charlotte was actually running a scam with that dating service.....imagine charging $10,000 when the service really had virtually no members; thus no dates for Frasier or anyone else joining!   I can't imagine Frasier dating a woman like that more than two or three times and certainly not dropping everything just to follow her to Chicago.  Needless to say, Charlotte was my least favorite of all Frasier's girlfriends.

IMO, Frasier's best match during the entire 11-year run was Kate Costas, played by Mercedes Ruehl, in the third season.   Those two were white hot together!   She was a strong woman, who was just as educated as Frasier, knew where she was going and what she wanted.   I suppose Lilith was similar in that way, but she definitely lacked Kate's fire and overall compatibility with Frasier.   I was really disappointed when she left the show.   After Frasier sped to the airport to stop Kate from leaving, the writers tried to spin it so that the two felt they had nothing in common.   Such a mistake!

Fine....so Kate was gone, but I definitely think she should have been brought back in the final season to reunite with Frasier.   Charlotte was a huge mistake.

I find it a bit coincidental that Kate went to Chicago to run the station there, and THAT'S where Frasier went chasing after Charlotte.   Soooo......in my mind, I prefer to think Charlotte turns out to be a bust; Frasier then decides to visit Kate at the Chicago station; and the rest is history......  

Hey, that might be a good idea for a spinoff!

Yamonaise

[5]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 3
    wow bit harsh on here, she wasn't that bad, certainly not a bimbo

but yeah, I regreted it a bit that frasier ends up with somebody who just showed up during the last couple of episodes

the show kind of missed a real true love storyline for frasier

Clefkid

[6]Jun 19, 2008
    I didn't like that she took my boy for $10k, and at first, I didn't care for her either. But what made her tolerable (to me) was her boyfriend Frank. Eventually, I warmed up to her, aided by little things like that remark Niles made to Frasier about "that couple you're dating).

AlyssaR0528

[7]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    The writers wanted Charlotte to be an important romance for Frasier, like Daphne was for Niles. The unfortunate thing is that over the course of the series, Frasier thought many, many women were "The One." So his relationship with Charlotte didn't actually feel more special to us, the audience. Actually, the main difference between his relationship with Charlotte and most of his previous relationships was that he didn't accidentally do something ridiculous and scare her off! :-P ... but since he met her right at the end of the series, there was still time even for that!