Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Least favorite recurring guest character

Nellakir

[21]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 1
    Do you know how I can get the painting in the background? The abstract one which is the colourful one. I have been looking for it for a couple of years and would love to have it. If you know, please emai me on nellakir@mel.comcen.com.au
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dw7557

[22]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    tb485 wrote:
    Lots of threads about the favorite characther.  How about some opinions as to which part-time character would you rather had not been in "Frasier".  Most are great but some turned my stomach.

Mine is Simon (Daphne's brother).  A real close second was Julia.

I didn't like the Donny character at all. LOVED Simon though.

bob_from_cali

[23]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    Sherry and Simon. Both characters seemed to be a bit over the top. Especially Sherry she seemed to be overacted.

Hungry_Homer111

[24]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 26
    I'm surprised nobody has said this yet, but my least favorite recurring character, by far, was Kirby, Lana's son.

killa_kid

[25]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 9
    My least favourite by far was Lorna/Lana. Granted I find the actress that plays her incredibly annoying (especially as Martha Logan in 24). Also, I found 1 episode with her made sense, looking back to high school...but when they kept bringing her back i couldn't stand her.

Also I wasn't a big fan of Mel, simply because she seemed like a Maris we got to see. I liked Donny though. And Simon is great, as previously said the perfect foil for Frasier.

Scandal2000

[26]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    I have to go with Mel. I enjoyed the episodes with Simon. Personally I always looked forward to the "Cheers" episode. I always thought the episodes when they used former Cheers alumni were well done.

th77

[27]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 24
    I could've done w/o any Daphne family member.. They were all just a little to over the top.. It's not so much that I didn't wanna see her family I just would've had them be a little different..Or at least allow her one other normal person outside herself in that family for her to relate to

Hungry_Homer111

[28]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 26

th77 wrote:
    I could've done w/o any Daphne family member.. They were all just a little to over the top.. It's not so much that I didn't wanna see her family I just would've had them be a little different..Or at least allow her one other normal person outside herself in that family for her to relate to

Does anybody know if they ever showed her brother Michael (I think that was his name, she has so many brothers ), mentioned in the one 8th season episode where they introduced Simon? He seemed like the most normal one from her family the way she described him.

seinfeld111690

[29]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 25
    I was never a fan of Sherry, who was Martin's girlfriend throughout the 4th and 5th season.
    Edited on 02/18/2008 7:56pm

mazzles

[30]Mar 21, 2008
    I was never keen on Donny or Mel either, or Noel, and i would like to have seen Martin ending up with Sheree.

tabbikattster

[31]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 16

Mel and Donny for one thing. Both annoyed the hell out of me. Especially Mel, being a carbon-copy of Maris. (Though, I have to admit that even though she was never seen, I liked some of the Maris-storylines.) I didn't like Donny cause of the fact that it made me feel more sorry for Niles, being in love with Daphne and all. :[

Julia Wilcox is another one. What a b***h! Geez. Her sheer arrogance just irritated me. I realize that Niles and Frasier were like that, but I found them A LOT more funny.

And I couldn't stand Noel. Ugh. I wished that he would just leave poor Roz alone.

One more: Lana. I found the actress that portrayed her as extremely annoying as well.

Edited on 04/20/2008 10:10am

th77

[32]May 3, 2008
    • level: 24
    I never really liked Frasiers agent either

BurienBomber

[33]May 4, 2008

The only characters I did not care for were Lilith's brother, played by Michael Keaton and Frasier's mentor Dr Tewksbury played by Rene Auberjonois. The mentor episodes are my least favorite.

I enjoyed the epsiodes that featured the Cheers regulars because they helped bring Frasier's character full circle. The Sam Malone episode did a great job explaining the discrepancies in Frasier's family history (on Cheers he had stated that his Dad was dead and was a Psychiatrist). In the epsisode where Lilith, Nanny G, Diane and Hester appear, they acknowledge that Hester visited Frasier in Boston and tried to kill Diane. It was nice that the writers never tried to pretend that any of Frasier's Boston history never happened.

Ed

HYPERVYPER76

[34]May 11, 2008
    • level: 2

I didn't like Mel. I think the writers wanted an excuse to show how Maris was, without actually showing Maris. It wasn't the least bit necessary.

AlyssaR0528

[35]May 11, 2008
    • level: 7

I thought they did a great job with casting, for the most part! Even some of the characters who weren't supposed to be the nicest people I thought were very well cast.

I think the recurring character I liked the least was Kate Costas, the female station manager Frasier slept with. Something about that character always grated on me. (Although I thought the plotlines with her in them were great! I just wish they had cast someone different for the part.)

Clefkid

[36]May 15, 2008
    I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Jean Smart out of her Designing Women character. This is what helped to make her episodes with Frasier/Niles that much more funnier. The fact that Frasier had "worshiped" her from afar during high school, and look at her now! Brash (to say the least)... Hilarious!! These were some of my favorites (and let us not forget that endearing son of hers (kirby). At first, I strongly disliked that Julia character... but her (last appearance episode) was fantastic as she spilled the beans about Daphne's pregnancy (with Niles). Her antics that night lead Frasier to bellow "Get Out" in such a way it still makes me smile whenever I think about it. This was just what I wanted him to do when she first arrived. It came "late", but oh when it came, it was well worth the wait!

Clefkid

[37]May 15, 2008
    On the contrary. I think this Mel character was very necessary. For one, we can get an "idea" of what Maris would have been like (small/petite), and two, I'm glad we didn't have to go through another phantom character. To have Daphne within reach yet untouchable (so to speak) only added to the suspense of the story line between the two characters. What puzzles me is that when Niles first "meets" Mel (in the episode the Late Dr. Crane (?)), it is mentioned that Mel has a son... then we never hear about "him" again. Was he explained away in a subsequent episode?

gguirao

[38]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 23

Julia. I don't watch the episodes that feature her.

VICBOUWERSA

[39]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 3

i agree with the other posts about Daphne's family and Julia but i see them as horrible people you cant help but hate. But Bulldog! arrrrgh, I dont see why they chose to keep his character going throughout the series, it had no place or point in the show! Why keep bringing him back for the sake of one joke repeated again and again and again? The only character in Frasier that belongs in a 'standard' sitcom.

KingofIPirates

[40]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 32
    Never found the appeal with Simon.