Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Martin's chair

Chev_350

[1]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 3
    Sorry, no one probably cares but this has been bugging me for a bit, in the Episode Trivia for "Goodnight, Seattle (2)", it says

"When the moving man takes Martin's chair away, it squeezes through the front door on its way out; but when the delivery man brought the chair into Frasier's apartment in the pilot, it didn't squeeze through the door, it came in easily. It is a different chair, but they're supposed to be identical."

I just watched the pilot few days ago and it never actually shows the chair comming through the door, in one shot is out in the hall and the next shot it is in the apartment. Also dont forget that the chair that is removed in the final episode isn't technically the chair that was in the pilot, The original chair fell off the balcony (cant remember the episode) and Frasier said that the new one was constructed using photos of the old one for reference, so that could explain why the chair could be wider.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClevelandRocker

[2]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 25
    Chev_350 wrote:
    Sorry, no one probably cares but this has been bugging me for a bit, in the Episode Trivia for "Goodnight, Seattle (2)", it says

"When the moving man takes Martin's chair away, it squeezes through the front door on its way out; but when the delivery man brought the chair into Frasier's apartment in the pilot, it didn't squeeze through the door, it came in easily. It is a different chair, but they're supposed to be identical."

I just watched the pilot few days ago and it never actually shows the chair comming through the door, in one shot is out in the hall and the next shot it is in the apartment. Also dont forget that the chair that is removed in the final episode isn't technically the chair that was in the pilot, The original chair fell off the balcony (cant remember the episode) and Frasier said that the new one was constructed using photos of the old one for reference, so that could explain why the chair could be wider.

You can delete that goof then.

tsreeder

[3]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 8
    Martin's original chair went off the balcony in episode 199, "Bla-Z-Boy" (Season 9). Frasier went to considerable effort to duplicate the old one... "As for the fabric," he says, "I tracked down the original manufacturer, and after I got them to admit they made it, I had them reweave it."

Daphne: This must have cost a fortune.

Frasier: Yes. Ironically, this chair is now the most expensive piece of furniture in the apartment.

Aldrius

[4]Feb 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    Them replacing the chair doesn't make too much sense, considering it was the sentimental ideals associated with the chair that made Martin want to keep it.