Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Noel Shempsky

D-LinkUK

[1]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 24

I've just been watching a rerun of Star Mitzvah where Frasier has to attend his son's bar mitzvah, he wants to learn Hebrew at which Noel will teach him for a favour, when Frasier back's out on this favour Noel teaches him Klingon.

Anyway my question is this, i think that Noel was an hilarious character and the way he was portrayed as the Sci-Fi geek always leeching after Roz made me laugh so much, i know he wasn't a regular face on Frasier ( not like Niles, Martin, Frasier, Roz and Daphne ) BUT could anyone tell me what other episodes had him in where he had more than one line or a walk in part, some spring to mind like Ham Radio where he did the sound effect’s to Frasiers "classic" radio drama and also in She’s the Boss where he said he’d speak up for the rest of the Radio employee’s when a new station manager took over KCAL and said he had a secret weapon if anything went wrong and could faint at the drop of a hat. I do remember an episode where he wrote a Sci-Fi book or play where Roz was a queen called Rozaleana??? ( spelling ) but cannot remember the episode.

Anymore??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

D-LinkUK

[2]Dec 30, 2006
    Sorry that should hhave read ''' when a new station manager took over at KACL '''

luvNiles

[3]Dec 31, 2006
    • level: 2
    That was Episode 3.8, "The Last Time I Saw Maris" where Noel started a petition to get "Star Trek" to introduce a new character patterned after Roz, named Rozalinda, the all-powerful space vixen, four-breasted Queen of Rozniak.

Another episode with Noel was number 11.12, called "Frasier-Lite" where the employees of KACL had a contest with another station to see who could lose the most weight as a collective group. Pretty much the entire KACL gang was in it, including Noel. The prize was to be a trip to Las Vegas. Roz really wanted to win the trip, so to give Noel incentive, she pretty much led him to believe that 'something' would happen between the two of them in Las Vegas. I think in one of the early episodes Roz actually goes on a date with Noel before she realizes what a geek he is....can't remember which one, though. I also think possibly in the final episode Roz finally kisses Noel....again, not sure, but I'll try to check it out.

Fairyfloz

[4]Dec 31, 2006
    • level: 5
    Roz does go out with Noel and she knows what a geek he is at the time. This happens in episode 1.18 Guess who's coming to breakfast. A highlight of that episode is when Noel gives Roz a spice rack as a gift! Roz also takes Noel to the SeeBea awards after her date with Brad McNamara falls through. This is in episode 1.18 And The Whimper is... I always liked Noel. Being a Star Trek fan myself, I enjoyed seeing the sterotypical sci-fi fan portrayed in such a funny way.

D-LinkUK

[5]Jan 1, 2007
    Thank you to you both, i'll make a note and watch the episodes in question.