Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Peri Gilpin

PikeBishop

[1]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 31
    Upon watching the re-runs on Lifetime, I am really convinced that Peri Gilpin was one of the more under-rated beauties of 90's television.

That gorgeous hair, lovely smile and features that belong on a Greek statue and her skill as an actress make her the complete package. Perhaps that her character was portrayed as so "slutty" you never thought of her in the classic beauty sense, which usually involved good girls.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tsreeder

[2]Mar 19, 2006
    • level: 8
    She has a wonderful "dirty" laugh, too. She didn't get to use it all that often in the show, but when she did -- cool!

AirSky

[3]Apr 4, 2006
    • level: 6
    I have a thing for her too, since the early episodes. I guess the fact of her being portrayed as "desperate" or "easy" gives it a plus.
    Edited on 04/07/2006 8:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

chris52579

[4]Apr 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    Who doesn't also what guy would say NO to Roz Doyle ? The charcter is the attraction along with the beauty. She looked much better in the first 5 season than near the end after her preganance. She never reallyu lost the wieght but still had the rack. =)

treehillbabe_xo

[5]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 29
    Peri is awesome. Roz was totally my favorite character on Frasier.

luvNiles

[6]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    I agree.....Peri Gilpin was great as Roz.   Hopefully, she'll pop up in another sitcom in the future.   As far as her gaining weight during pregnancy, was Peri actually pregnant in real life at the time Roz had Alice?   I thought her twins weren't born until 2004, and that was via surrogacy.

D-LinkUK

[7]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 24

Did you know that the writers/producers were actually considering Lisa Kudrow ( Phoebe from Friends ) for the role of Roz Doyle, not sure why they did not pick her but I for one am glad, somehow it would never have worked.

Oh in case you were wondering i have a special Frasier Night on Video that was shown on our Bristish Channel 4 TV station back in 1999 and it is/was on there.

francklloyd

[8]May 19, 2007
    • level: 57
    Not only beautiful but very good at comedy, both verbal and physical. If there is one actor/actress from Frasier who should get their own show (and I don't mean the character, but the actress), it is Peri. What is she doing now?

PikeBishop

[9]May 19, 2007
    • level: 31

francklloyd wrote:
    Not only beautiful but very good at comedy, both verbal and physical. If there is one actor/actress from Frasier who should get their own show (and I don't mean the character, but the actress), it is Peri. What is she doing now?

She recently had a great guest shot on Housewives, in a role not dissimilar to her Roz character. She played Susan's florist who was a desperate single woman (now in her forties I guess) who Susan tried to set up with her ex Mike.  Good and funny little role.

PiperPrueLover4

[10]May 22, 2007
    • level: 18

Oh, Housewives isn't up to that point in Australia yet, I can't wait to see her there!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004963/ There's a link to show what she has done between the end of Frasier and now. She has done a few TV movies and had a few guest roles on TV shows, but nothing major. 

Edited on 05/22/2007 6:29pm

mazzles

[11]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    Roz was a great character, i loved her. Housewives is just starting or about to start in England and they keep playing trailers for it. I thought i could hear a voice that sounded like Peri Gilpin ! I'll have to watch out for it now that i just found out she's in it

mvscali89

[12]Mar 24, 2008

I love Peri. I've seen that episode of Desperate Housewives!! And no joke, an episode she did of the show "Outer Limits" is supposed to air tomorrow and I'm going to be home a little earlier and I can't wait to watch it!

I hope she continues to act.....I know sometimes casts take time to be with their family, and that's understandable, but it would be so cool to see her in a totally new role (like how Kelsey has 'back to you' now!! )

mazzles

[13]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 4
    'Housewives' starts this week, theres 17 episodes, i don't watch it. Do you have any idea roughly what episode she comes in at ? It will be strange to see Peri play someone other than Roz, i look forward to it though !

mvscali89

[14]Mar 25, 2008

mazzles wrote:
    'Housewives' starts this week, theres 17 episodes, i don't watch it. Do you have any idea roughly what episode she comes in at ? It will be strange to see Peri play someone other than Roz, i look forward to it though !

Wow, do you mean Housewives is just beginning from the 1st season?

I don't really watch the episodes often either Lol! But Peri was in the episode "God, That's Good", which is in Season 3, episode number 66. I hope that helps!

I was looking forward to seeing her on Housewives too- I'm glad I didn't miss it Lol!

ShowPerson

[15]May 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    Roz wasn't 'desperate'! She liked guys and could get almost anyone she wanted!