Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Question about Episode "Crock Tales"

BuskieBoy

[1]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 22

Hello fellow FFans!
    A question about the episode titled "Crock Tales"

Every-time I watch this episode I keep wondering why they start wearing the wigs. Is it some
    kind of inside joke? Surely if they only wanted to make them appear as they did in the earlier
    episodes the make-up and hair dept. could have done a MUCH better job.

It is so obvious that it suggests some kind of gag, but the episode guide sheds no light.
    Do they mention this on the DVD at all, or has anyone ever heard anything about it?
    It is a bit of a distraction when you watch it because the wigs are so very bad!

Anyone?

Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wolfdreamer3

[2]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    I do agree with you on that. but i dont know why they do such a bad job on that. and also they do a terrible job when it comes to Daphne, because her hair at the time in the 8th season wasn't that color at all!!!!!!! it was more Brown and they make it seem like it was Black....thats what really bugged me....

magicbyben

[3]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 10
    I always thought that the makeup people did that...haha...so they wear wigs huh!

finebo21

[4]Sep 25, 2007
    It always annoyed me that in the season 3 finale, "You Can Go Home Again," they did not change anyone's hair for the flashbacks.  Perhaps this annoyed other people as well, and the makeup department tried to fix it for "Crock Tales." I don't know for sure, just a guess.

BuskieBoy

[5]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 22

Surely if they wanted to give them a retro early episode look they could have done a much better job?
    It's so badly done it really looks like it's meant to be a joke somehow, but I don't get it.
    Is it something to do with Fraiser's memory or simply a sight gag somehow?
    It's annoying and distracting. If it's a sincere attempt at making them look like earlier versions of
    themselves then the hairstylist should have been fired, 'cuz it ain't a good job at all!

I really can't shake the feeling that it's meant to be some kind of joke. Perhaps an inside gag by
    the cast or crew. It drives me nuts everytime I see it. Arrrgh!

AlyssaR0528

[6]Apr 28, 2008
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one -- I'm always struck by how hideous those wigs are!! They are SO fake! I thought maybe they didn't want to get (better!) more expensive wigs since each flashback sequence only lasted for a few minutes. However, this was one of the final episodes of a very popular series, so that leads me to believe maybe it wasn't a financial issue. Maybe it's an inside joke... hard to tell. I do get a kick out of the fact that they seem to think they can change anyone's age just by altering their hair!

BurienBomber

[7]May 4, 2008
    • level: 4

The part about tnis episode that bugs me is Kenny's character being a pizza delivery boy in the flashback. When his character was first introduced on the series as the new station director, he was a new arrival to Seattle and he talalks about being a radio station manager elsewhere.