We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Question about Mel

aspettig

[1]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 7
    Maybe I'm imagining things, but I vaguely remember an episode where it's revealed that Mel (Niles' ex-wife) is actually much older than she is thought to be because of plastic surgery. If this is true, can anyone tell me what her age really was? Thank you!

P.S. I looked for a general question thread, but I didn't see one, so I don't know if this is correct protocol or not.
    Edited on 01/18/2007 6:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

magicbyben

[2]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 10

When Niles first meets Mel in "The Late Dr. Crane" on Season 7, Niles sees a picture on Mel's desk when she is away. He then asks a doctor if the man in the picture is her husband, to which the doctor responds, "That is her son."... I don't remember anything about her son though in other episodes. We never see the photo though. I think this might be what you are referring to. Maybe I'm dreaming of this, but I believe that is how it went. I lent my Season 7 out so I can't check it to be sure.

PikeBishop

[3]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 31
    magicbyben wrote:

When Niles first meets Mel in "The Late Dr. Crane" on Season 7, Niles sees a picture on Mel's desk when she is away. He then asks a doctor if the man in the picture is her husband, to which the doctor responds, "That is her son."... I don't remember anything about her son though in other episodes. We never see the photo though. I think this might be what you are referring to. Maybe I'm dreaming of this, but I believe that is how it went. I lent my Season 7 out so I can't check it to be sure.

No, you recall correctly.  Niles was smitten as was probably seeing things though "love goggles." It is never established how old her son was, nor was it ever mentioned that she was much older.