Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The Lovely Daphne Moon

05BlackV605

[1]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 2

Anyone else think Daphne is very attractive? I have no clue what it is about her, but all I can say is "Gigidy, Gigidy, Gi-gi-dy."

Followed of course by an "ALLLLLRIGHT!!!!"

Family Guy fans unite!!!!!

Edited on 11/27/2006 8:56am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mp34mp

[2]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 16
    yeah... 13 years ago.

dovestones

[3]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 8
    Being English I can state that no one in the UK uses the expressions she came out with. Think the writers read to much Shelrlock Holmes before they wrote her dialogue.

luvNiles

[4]Nov 28, 2006
    I agree that Daphne is extremely attractive.   She had some different  hairdos throughout the series, but I prefer her with longer hair.   She probably did retain a few pregnancy pounds, but certainly not enough to detract from her appearance.   I think Roz is very pretty too....and remained so during the series.   I also like both their voices.....Daphne's because of her British accent and Roz' because it's somewhat deep and throaty.   Roz has done a few voice-over commercials.   The latest is for Johnsonville Sausage.   That commercial drove me nuts for about a week.....I knew I recognized the voice and finally figured out it was Peri Gilpin!

05BlackV605

[5]Nov 28, 2006
    I'll agree with that luvniles. Roz gets the attractive vote too.

chris52579

[6]Dec 5, 2006

She was attractive  in  80% of the shows. Thier were some with short hair and some where her legs looked really bad. in the early and late.  Her with Long hair was the high point.  Roz was good in the earlier shows also.

D-LinkUK

[7]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 24

Yes Daphne was attractive mainly in the beginning ( long hair ) but i always thought Roz was the one who remained the most attractive throughout the series.

Seeing as we are on the subject of Daphne and because me myself am from Manchester in the UK did'nt you think that as the series went on her broad northen ( Rochdale/Oldham ) accent deminished untill it was untracable, maybe living with Frasier and then Niles that there accent rubbed off on her?....... just wanted other peoples views.  

alanwarsap

[8]Dec 6, 2006
    At least she was English, I don't want to sound Anti-American (I love you guys) but I hate it when these kinds of shows use actors who aren't even the nationality they are supposed to be. The same can be said about Brits putting on American accents for British shows as well.  Daphne was lovely in the show, but my vote would go to Peri Gilpin for her portrail of Roz Doyle, she got sexier as the series progressed.
    Edited on 12/06/2006 2:29am

dovestones

[9]Dec 7, 2006
    D-LinkUK wrote:

Yes Daphne was attractive mainly in the beginning ( long hair ) but i always thought Roz was the one who remained the most attractive throughout the series.

Seeing as we are on the subject of Daphne and because me myself am from Manchester in the UK did'nt you think that as the series went on her broad northen ( Rochdale/Oldham ) accent deminished untill it was untracable, maybe living with Frasier and then Niles that there accent rubbed off on her?....... just wanted other peoples views.  

She started to sound like Lady Di near the end. Hearing her in the early shows is funny now.

sageev

[10]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    dovestones wrote:
    D-LinkUK wrote:

Yes Daphne was attractive mainly in the beginning ( long hair ) but i always thought Roz was the one who remained the most attractive throughout the series.

Seeing as we are on the subject of Daphne and because me myself am from Manchester in the UK did'nt you think that as the series went on her broad northen ( Rochdale/Oldham ) accent deminished untill it was untracable, maybe living with Frasier and then Niles that there accent rubbed off on her?....... just wanted other peoples views.

She started to sound like Lady Di near the end. Hearing her in the early shows is funny now.

I remember John Mahoney saying that he had to give Jane Leeves pointers on how to speak with a Manchester accent (she was not from that portion of England). I guess that Jane decided to phase out that accent in favor of her native accent?

drwoowoocl

[11]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 10
    I agree.Jane Leeves is very attractive,and I agree that she looked better with the longer hair.Peri Gilpin is also very attractive.I know she does a lot of voice-overs,but does anyone know if she is the voice of the Weatherscan cable network?I swear it sounds just like her.

luvNiles

[12]Dec 9, 2006
    I'm an American, so I'm obviously no expert on the various British dialects.   Daphne sounded the same to me from the beginning of the series to the end.   However, I do have one question.  Several people have remarked that her accent doesn't sound like that of someone from Manchester, so why didn't they just say Daphne was from the same area as Jane Leeves REALLY is from?   That way, the accent would be authentic, and Jane wouldn't have had to worry about speaking with a Manchester dialect.

D-LinkUK

[13]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 24

The problem with the Manchester accent is that it differ's so much and then people will say your not from Manchester as you don't have a Manchester accent even if you were born and breed around here, i was born and breed in Manchester but according to my friends don't have the 'northen' accent.

Daphne to me started with a real strong northen accent but as the show went on she lost it and became very posh speaking towards the end of the series, did'nt realise John had to give her pointers on her Manchester accent.

luvNiles

[14]Dec 19, 2006
    John Mahoney has no hint of a British accent at all.   I wonder if he's really lost it entirely in real life or is just able to drop it for his role of Martin.   I think there are quite a frew British stars, as well as Australian, who still have their native accents but are able to pick up our American lingo for whatever part they may be playing in films here in the United States.   Has anyone ever seen John in anything besides "Frasier"?   I don't remember seeing him anywhere else.

dovestones

[15]Dec 20, 2006

luvNiles wrote:
    John Mahoney has no hint of a British accent at all.   I wonder if he's really lost it entirely in real life or is just able to drop it for his role of Martin.   I think there are quite a frew British stars, as well as Australian, who still have their native accents but are able to pick up our American lingo for whatever part they may be playing in films here in the United States.   Has anyone ever seen John in anything besides "Frasier"?   I don't remember seeing him anywhere else.

Yeah, a few good films. Say Anything...(Cameron Crowe film starring John Cusack), Barton Fink (Coen Bros.) and Primal Fear, Ed Norton's first movie.

alanwarsap

[16]Dec 22, 2006
    He was in a film with Bruce Willis a few years back, can't remember the name of it though.

luvNiles

[17]Dec 23, 2006
    Hmmm....must have missed all those movies.   I'll rent a couple of them.   I enjoy John and would like to see what he's like when out of the 'Martin' character.