Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The Winstons in Frasier ~~poll~~

Did you like the Winston characters in Frasier?

UCgrl05

[1]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 1

I haven't seen many topics about the Winston characters, so i thought i would post my thoughts on them.

I loved both of them (Cam and his mother Cora). I thought Cam was a good character on Frasier and the feuds between him and Frasier were good additives to the episodes. I thought it was wierd though how they didn't get along when they are almost exactly the same, but I still liked that , too.

And with Cora, she wasn't on the show or mentioned as much, but I liked her, too. She is actually the woman I would of liked to see end up with Martin. She seems like she would be similar to the brothers' mother. I would pick her over Ronee because even though Ronee was similar to Martin in ways, but I think she was a big step from Hester and acts like she would be one of the guys Martin hangs out with. A little crude.

Edited on 07/13/2008 6:01pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PiperPrueLover4

[2]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    I thought Cora was sweet and Cam was hilarious in the ways he tortured and tormented Frasier within the building

HoldMyBreath

[3]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 2
    It's a shame neither of them reappeared regularly after season 9. I liked the way Cam was so similar to Frasier yet still took a dislike to him, and I agree that Cora would've been a good partner for Martin - I just hope the writers didn't get cold feet about having an interracial relationship, as it's quite noticeable that this rarely happened on the show.

PikeBishop

[4]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 31

HoldMyBreath wrote:
    It's a shame neither of them reappeared regularly after season 9. I liked the way Cam was so similar to Frasier yet still took a dislike to him, and I agree that Cora would've been a good partner for Martin - I just hope the writers didn't get cold feet about having an interracial relationship, as it's quite noticeable that this rarely happened on the show.

Interesting idea. I thought about that too. They dropped the Winston characters, and the seemingly developing Martin/Cora plotline rather abruptly.

I don't think the writers were afraid of that storyline. This was afterall, not 1972, but 2002. Frasier has well-established liberal credentials, while the humor (I think anyway) comes from Conservative Martin having the relationship.

Hmmmm, but come to think of it Frasier, in all those dates over the years never dated a woman from a minority group. His aborted date with Asian Susan (from "The Perfect Guy) is the closest I recall. Have I missed any?