Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

They were going to do a Season 12

PiperPrueLover4

[1]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 18

I've heard they were planning one stage to do a Season 12, but then they decided not to because of.... i dunno... cost or something?

This really annoys me. Not only because we had a chance for more Frasier and didn't get it, but because, well, think of all a Season 12 would have meant! It would have meant that Kelsey Grammer could have beat that other guy for the longest time playing one character instead of just equalling him, it would have meant that the show would have had a nice even dozen seasons, and best of all, it would have meant that Frasier would have been on the air for longer than Cheers! How often does a spin-off's longevity beat that of the original?

Post your thoughts here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 63
    Actually, I think you're a little misinformed. Around the time of the series finale, there were rumors that Kelsey Grammer was going to launch a brand-new series around the Frasier character (set in Chicago, obviously) but Grammer nor the producers never confirmed that it was in the works.

CriticalChoice

[3]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 1
    Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. They milked this show for all it was worth. I think it was good for the first 90 years it was on...LOL... Seriously, good actors know when to get off the stage.

PiperPrueLover4

[4]Apr 7, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Actually, I think you're a little misinformed. Around the time of the series finale, there were rumors that Kelsey Grammer was going to launch a brand-new series around the Frasier character (set in Chicago, obviously) but Grammer nor the producers never confirmed that it was in the works.

No, I heard about the spinoff too, that idea was a little misguided (although they did it before, I'm sure they could pull it off again). This was before all that.

MireMaistin

[5]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 2
    Part of me thinks it would have been great for there to be another season but another part is glad it ended where it did. I wish though that the talks of DHP and Jane doing a spin-off would have worked out but who knows it that would have lasted very long.

ArthurBranch

[6]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    It is true they almost did a Season 12. I've read that numerous places.

PiperPrueLover4

[7]Aug 5, 2009
    MireMaistin wrote:
    Part of me thinks it would have been great for there to be another season but another part is glad it ended where it did. I wish though that the talks of DHP and Jane doing a spin-off would have worked out but who knows it that would have lasted very long.

If history is to repeat itself, it would last 11 years

KingofIPirates

[8]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 32
    Would've gladly welcomed a Season 12.

stellarchick86

[9]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 32
    I wouldve been glad with a season12, especially since I liked season11 and the ending is a little bit of a cliffhanger.

ArthurBranch

[10]Dec 25, 2009
    I personally think they could still create the series again. It's not that far removed and Kelsey is again looking for work with the demise of Hank.

I personally would like to see it continue in Seattle again, or perhaps in Chicago with a private practice. But I'd want to full cast back, not just Frasier with a bunch of newbies.

uk6strings

[11]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 13
    I'm not so sure that you are accurate. In the special features of the Season 11 DVD set, Grammer says that they decided that 11 was going to be it for them - plus, they clearly ended the show with Season 11, giving each character a clear send-off (except for Frasier, which was more ambigious and subtle), if they were going to do a Season 12 they would not have given closure to the characters nor say goobye to Frasier in that touching and final way that they did.

bry456

[12]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 19
    As much as I enjoy the show, still watch the reruns (only time I ever watch Lifetime), I think the show ended at the right time. Kelsey Grammer should be glad he has had two successful sitcoms. Most actors don't get that much.
    Edited on 01/12/2010 12:04pm

Edie70

[13]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    Yeah, 11 seasons were more than enough. Hell, even 7 or 8 would've been enough. But I loved this show dearly and I grew up watching it up until the very end. Re-watched the whole thing in 2010. Boy, how time flies.

maxandcali

[14]Jun 22, 2012

I think it's better that they didn't. As it is, they went more than past their run having eleven seasons, and in my opinion, I don't think it work's too well with them. I think they should have had their last season at no later or anywhere past season 8, maybe a season 9 tops. Just like with "Friends", and they had ten or eleven seasons, and again, it would have been better to have the last season at season 8 or a season 9 tops. Anywhere beyond a season 9 is going a little past their runs.

There are many family shows that, while they didn't go up to ten or eleven seasons, I think they would have still done greatly so if they did, like "Home Improvement", "Roseanne", "The Nanny", "Family Ties", "Fresh Prince", and many others. For them, many family shows, I think it can work well for them.

For shows like "Friends" and "Fraiser", don't get me wrong, they are good shows too, I just think in their cases, it would have been better done finishing up by eight or nine seasons tops.