Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

what happened to Daphne's premonition??

crazyinluv

[1]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 6

Didn't daphne say in Season 6 that she had a flash of the love of her life 'wearing a red bow tie' saying that he's in love with her while she's getting married to Donny. I've just finished seeing S7 and that never happened.........

Edited on 03/30/2008 12:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mazzles

[2]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    Daphne went to see Niles at his office and she told him of her dream. He then turned up at Frasiers with a red bow tie on ! She later had a 'vision' that the man was now holding a dragon.(Roz had given Niles a gift of a dragon statue).

PiperPrueLover4

[3]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 18
    I always thought that was a fantastic idea by the writers.

yay_boredom

[4]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 18
    I have to admit, I was kind of upset when Niles did not wear a red tie to the wedding though. I did get the reference in the episode.

th77

[5]May 3, 2008
    • level: 24
    Yeah they'd let it drop like. But most of her Psychic stuff never came true

AlyssaR0528

[6]May 11, 2008
    • level: 7

I think her premonition was meant to symbolize to her that the "true love of her life" was someone other than Donny, and perhaps even that this man would make his feelings known to her sometime during her engagement to Donny. I don't think it was supposed to mean this man would actually show up at her wedding to Donny in a red bow-tie, exactly as she saw in her vision. (Especially since, as Frasier pointed out to Niles in the same episode where Daphne had her premonition, since Niles knew about her premonition, by wearing a red bow-tie himself he only came across as a "jackass"! heehee)

HoldMyBreath

[7]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 2

It's a shame Daphne's eccentricity almost compeltely disappeared in the later seasons. I loved her psychic ideas and her rambling monologues and hints of a tragic past, but in the later seasons she was just MrsAverageEnglishWomanWithARichHusband.

AlyssaR0528

[8]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    I agree! It was sad to see Daphne's character change. She did become less quirky. She also became much "darker" it seemed. For most of the series she was usually bright and cheery. When she found something slightly annoying, she would generally find some good-natured way to deal with it. After she and Niles were married, her character was decidedly less cheery and she dealt with issues in a more blunt, angry fashion. I love Niles and Daphne as a couple, but I do wish they hadn't made these changes to her character!