Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

What happened to Maris?

neo979979

[1]May 14, 2008
    • level: 3

Every since Frasier ended several years ago, I've had in the back of my mind that I couldn't recall how Maris' story arc was concluded. After reading through the summaries of the final episodes, I'm still a bit puzzled.

I remember that she accidentally killed her lover and was arrested, just as the summaries explain. The summaries also say that she attempted to flee the country while out on bail. So then WHAT? I understand that we never actually saw her, but that's not really what I'm asking about. Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Clefkid

[2]May 15, 2008
    • level: 2
    If memory serves me right, Niles tells us that Maris fled to a family owned island, although now I can't remember the location of said island.

heiko97

[3]May 15, 2008
    • level: 2

The story was concluded in the episode "The Ann Who Came To Dinner":

Maris is out on bail and she's having an auction of all their stuff and tells Niles he can come and collect anything he doesn't want auctioned. So he goes and takes back a rather embarrassing portrait of him. But Maris has attached her tracking bracelet to the painting and uses that opportunity to ship herself to her private island (it's not mentioned which island) where she will be immune from extradiction.

neo979979

[4]May 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    Thanks!