Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

What happens with Martin and the guy who shot him?

phie524

[1]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 3

I am new to watching Frasier, and for the first time saw the episode where Martin is shown with the guy who shot him and the parole board.  This issue seems to be very serious, as Martin doesn't mention anything in the episode to the guy or the woman (who I'm assuming was the guy's mother?).  Does anything else happen with this storyline? It seemed to be somewhat of a cliffhanger.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

theaxiomatic

[2]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 5
    i believe that in he was shot in the hip by the man, during the course of a robbery. as you may or may not be aware, Martin was a cop before. during the course of his duties he confronted the man and got shot in the hip for his trouble.

phie524

[3]Jul 14, 2006
    yes, thanks for the response. i know that martin was a cop and got shot in the hip, but i never knew that they confronted this issue with the man who did it. the episode was in season 8, called "A Day in May" where they say martin meets a mystery woman. my question is if they bring this idea up anymore afterwards, and what happens to the guy who originally shot him? because in this episode, he was not able to be released from jail, and martin never says what he feels about it.

phie524

[4]Jul 14, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 07/14/2006 10:04pm

HelloStuart

[5]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 63
    phie524 wrote:
    yes, thanks for the response. i know that martin was a cop and got shot in the hip, but i never knew that they confronted this issue with the man who did it. the episode was in season 8, called "A Day in May" where they say martin meets a mystery woman. my question is if they bring this idea up anymore afterwards, and what happens to the guy who originally shot him? because in this episode, he was not able to be released from jail, and martin never says what he feels about it.

It's a parole hearing; basically, that's where a convict is given the opportunity to be released from prison several years before his sentence is up, depending upon good behavior. The process of parole is determined by a commitee who listens to testimony from witnesses as well as the victim if still alive. If it's a long sentence, eligibility for parole takes several years, depending on whether or not the judge in the original trial approved of such an option.

And that's your American Law lesson of the day, kids.

DHPLover

[6]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 7
    That was pretty much the last time it was mentioned apart from an early season nine episode. In The Return of Martin Crane, Martin gets a new job as a security guard and the episode features flashbacks that look at the day he got shot. So other then that episode (where again Martin didn't really say too much about how he felt, it mainly just showed you what happened and more how Niles reacted to his new job) the topic wasn't dealt with again.

phie524

[7]Jul 19, 2006
    thank you, DHPLover, that was exactly the answer i was looking for.

DHPLover

[8]Jul 22, 2006
    You are very welcome

Bjelkier

[9]Mar 1, 2007
    Was it in the "Return of Martin Crane" that Martin finally talks about the day he was shot and how it happened? His old partner is dying of cancer and Martin does not want to see him. It ends up the partner wanted some smokes and Martin went into the convience store for him and he was shot. It should have been his partner. So he sort of blamed his partner for this and finally made peace with him?

AlyssaR0528

[10]Apr 28, 2008
    phie524 wrote:

I am new to watching Frasier, and for the first time saw the episode where Martin is shown with the guy who shot him and the parole board. This issue seems to be very serious, as Martin doesn't mention anything in the episode to the guy or the woman (who I'm assuming was the guy's mother?). Does anything else happen with this storyline? It seemed to be somewhat of a cliffhanger.

Yeah, they never followed up on this storyline -- we never see what happens with Martin and the mother, nor do we see when the man who shot Martin finally gets parole or serves his time and is released. Perhaps it wasn't as popular with audiences as they had anticipated? I for one wasn't a big fan of this storyline... much darker than their usual.