NBC (ended 2004)

Who is you best ever character?

yellowsimpson

[21]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    francklloyd wrote:
    Roz and Niles. Together they're magic.

I concur.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KnightLord29

[22]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 1

Although I believe that ALL of the main characters are great (it just wouldn't be the same show without each and every one of them), my favorite character would have to be Niles!  David Hyde Pierce plays that character so well! The way he says that delayed "...WHAT!?!" when he is shocked or confused about something is just so classic!!! (For example, in "The Ski Lodge" from Season 5, when he sees Guy - the gay French ski instructor - in his bed.)  Also, in the Season 7 episode "Out With Dad," where Niles is pretending to be Martin's trophy boyfriend: that speech he gives where he breaks up with Martin is hilarious!!! "Damn you and your jealous questions! You don't own me!"  (as he squints his eyes...) "...And I'm keeping the jewelry!"

Each actor possesses something unique, though. Jane Leeves does a great job of playing the sweet, naive, adorable (and sometimes feisty) English woman (I love it when she goes off on Frasier and Niles for being so snooty!), and Kelsey Grammer's facial expressions are fantastic! (That wide, intense look that he gets in his eyes when he's annoyed at someone; that pompous yet lovable wit - which Niles's character also possesses - is wonderful, too!) John Mahoney plays the "simple, good, old-fashioned American dad" to a tee, and Peri Gilpin plays a great, "rough-around-the-edges, down-and-dirty, horny, middle-aged working gal." 

As far as supporting characters and guest-starring roles, one of my favorites is Simon (Daphne's lazy, simpleton brother). The friendship that he has with Martin, combined with the contradictory annoyances that he causes for Frasier, are a recipe for great comedy! I could go on and on (but for everyone else's sake, I won't). What a great show!!!

PiperPrueLover4

[23]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 18

The cast was so well balanced, I don't know if I could decide. Everybody was the best in their own unique way.

I think Niles for the guys, but for the girls I think Roz and Daphne come dead equal. It's just too hard to decide.

Edited on 04/24/2007 12:53am

Animedarling

[24]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 2

I love this show so much! I can't even pick which character I like more. All of them together create such laughter from me, its amazing. And each of them as themselves has their own little thing that is funny as hell. So I can't choose but I know what I like about each of them.

1. Frasier: The way he rushes into something. Or when he talks about himself, "The loovvve doctor." LOL>

2. Niles: I agree with some that already posted also his faints, his willingness to try something he hasn't before.

3. Martin: A real straight edge guy that loves a beer and his dog, Eddie.

4. Daphane: Her English accent, her stories of her family,

5. Roz: Not being ashamed of sex, a career woymn trying to find a good man at any cost and her upfront attitude

6. Eddie: How smart and funny he can be, his looks have laughing out of my seat.

How they come together, like Frasier and Niles plotting over coffee, how Frasier always call Niles out of his daze over Daphane, how the boys and Martin try to bond through their differences, how Roz joins in with each one and become apart of the family, how Eddie shows up at just the right moment, (like that esp. in Daphane's bedroom with everybody going through her things!)  

I can't choose without one the others can't work their magic on what make me laugh. 

Other, characters like Bebe, Gil and Bulldog makes the main characters alive as well.  

musiq143

[25]May 1, 2007
    • level: 4

Niles & Daphne during her first few seasons

btw...what ever happened to Chopper Dave?

Edited on 05/01/2007 2:34am

electricpeppers

[26]May 19, 2007
    • level: 26
    Niles, Fraiser, the dog

benjiwon

[27]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    i think Niles is.

BuskieBoy

[28]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 22

That is a VERY hard question as I am like everyone else in this thread, I love them all.

I would say that after the main characters, I would say Bebe Glazer is an amazing
    character. She'd be my favorite and so much that I wish they had made a spin off of her character!
    Harriet Samson Harris was Emmy worthy in the role! Especially her "Quitting Smoking" episode!

Honourable Mention:

Kate Costas-hottie and good chemistry with Fraiser
    Frederick Gaylord Crane (especially when he was really young...he was funny!)
    Kirby Gardner & his mom, Lana

It's easier to say which ones I didn't care for:

Donny Douglas-I never got over how he made me feel unclean in his debut underwear swing episode!
    Kenny Daley-Bland and annoying
    Ronee Lawrence-I just couldn't see Martin going for her. I didn't feel the love, and she was a bit bland.

wolfdreamer3

[29]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    mine would be Daphne.

rb1962

[30]Jul 23, 2007
    Roz. Daphne could get on my nerves with her changing accent.

McGeek4Life

[31]Aug 24, 2007
    My fav boy has got to be Niles closely followed by Frasier and for the girls Kate Constas? (I don't know how to spell her name she was the station manager at KACL untill she moved and she and Frasier had an intimate relationship

aakeemz

[32]Aug 30, 2007
    Roz Daphane and Bulldog

efc1991

[33]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 25
    Niles and Frasier are great.

batmanvdarkclaw

[34]Sep 11, 2007

Frasier 1st

Eddie 2cd

ComeOut2Play819

[35]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 12
    Eddie pwns all

seaqueastdsv

[36]Sep 22, 2007
    im glad im not the only one to say this but mine is eddie l loved him. and second would be martin. he is so sweet and loves eddie so much. and he doesnt but up with his sons crap.

babyblues11

[37]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 3

Like most people here, I LOVE them all. If I had to give the edge to anyone it would have to be Niles. I ADORE him! One of my favorite episodes is "Flour Child" where Niles carries the 10 lb bag of flour around to see if he's ready to be a father. This is one of the first episodes I remember where I laughed until I cried!

I would watch ANYTHING with DHP in it.

captainmidnght

[38]Oct 4, 2007
    daphne i have meet jane leeves lucky me

myopics

[39]Oct 28, 2007
    I think Frasier is a superb character and he is capable of carrying the entire show sometimes. It really speaks volumes about the great ensemble that, despite me liking him, Frasier's my least favourite out of the regulars. Its a reeeaallly close fight between the other four, but I'll say Roz comes in a very close 4th. I really can't sort out who's the most awesome of Niles, Daphne and Martin.

dw7557

[40]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 1

It is hard to separate Frasier and Niles. They so compliment each other. I laugh just reading this forum when others quote the show. Some of the greatest one-liners in television were on this show. I could never forget "Bad Celebrity" when Frasier was going through his depression and having his fan club over. And Niles face and deadpan comments when Frasier was burning down the newspaper stand. SSSSOOOO many others. Great show.....