Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Will CBS bring out an entire series boxset?

Unohu

[1]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 6

Lets see 4 discs per set x 11 seasons would be 44 discs a bit too many. Would that price be too expensive or will they reduce the price? Like other tvshows they end up bringing a series set with new extras.

Well after buying 8 seasons and 1 getting as a gift Im not gonna buy an entire series. I'll just buy the last 9 and 10

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bountyhunterc28

[2]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 31
    I doubt they will bring all 11 seasons on one box set that would be too many, and the price would probably be high.

magicbyben

[3]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 10
    They could always be on "Blue Ray" Disc. They do hold 5 times the amount of storage space. But to be honest I think they put only 5 or 6 episodes on a disc just so they could have more discs, which would in return cost more money. Just a thought.

ohnoitschris

[4]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 2
    No, they actually have them on dual-layer DVDs, and have packed them to the brim at 6 episodes a disc. Also, the ones that have 5 episodes always have a double-length (44 minute) episode. It'd be cheaper to print them on less discs if they could. For reference, dual layers hold 9gb and single layer Blu-Ray hold 25gb. DVD can only be single layer (4.5gb) or dual, and blu-ray can be up to quad-layer (100gb). Blu-ray is proprietary, however, therefore for each movie sold Sony gets royalties. It's competition, HD-DVD, is royalty free to sell movies on, however at single layer only holds 15gb (30 at dual). But in the end, we all already own DVD players which work great; and I'm sure I'm not about to go out and buy a $600 PS3 or a $500 HD-DVD player! Four discs a set is good enough!

ebroyr2

[5]Jan 28, 2007
    They did it with Friends, and that was 10 seasons!!! It's simple enough, and they are probably going to do it once the whole collection is released! We're only in S5 in the UK, so not going to see that for a while here, so by the time they get around to it, regular DVDs will be obsolete!

ebroyr2

[6]Jan 28, 2007
    Friends managed it on 30 discs... 8 episodes per disc, 4 on each side. Frasier would only be 33. We'd pay about £200 for that which is $400 in a direct exchange, but reckon it would only cost around $300, but since some of the seasons have been out for a while now, probably even less!