Frasier Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Wow !! the differances btween the rerun and DVD HIgh Holidays...

chris52579

[1]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 2

I jsut got the season 11 dvd while wating on season 9-10 the jackasses haven't put them out yet.

Now I posted early about High Hollidays and how great it was on tv .  Now watching it on DVD it i amazing they left out about 20  ( atleast ) funny lines  a. Some may ntohave been appoirate for tv but funny as hell....

In the tv/rerun veriosn-  They never told us why the little Ghoul friend was there... Also the Dad dumps the pudding in the bag of chips.   and quite a few others...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luvNiles

[2]Oct 21, 2006

Really!   Do the DVDs have scenes/lines in them that were never shown on TV?  I had no idea there was any difference.   I didn't watch the show during its run on TV but have been buying the DVDs and am thoroughly enjoying the Cranes and all their cohorts.   I'm just at the beginning of Season 7 right now.   I have noticed some of these later episodes are a little more raunchy than the earlier ones.  It's even crossed my mind as to how some of those hilarious lines made it to TV.....so I guess some of them really didn't??

chris52579

[3]Oct 21, 2006
    Alot of them did make it to TV. I would say about 90%. It di get a little more raunchy but I liked it. Like the changing of the times.

Diogo22

[4]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 15
    all DVDs have "more scenes" because, many reruns on tv are syndicated and they take out sometimes 2-3 minutes of show, to allow for more comercial.

PikeBishop

[5]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 31

Diogo22 wrote:
    all DVDs have "more scenes" because, many reruns on tv are syndicated and they take out sometimes 2-3 minutes of show, to allow for more comercial.

Yeah, its always been known that they cut about three minutes out of a half hour show for syndication commercials, but sometimes I wonder just who are the idiots who are editing those things?  I have seen some of the funniest lines cut out Frasier.

Case in point, Niles's speach about his view of the aferlife in the dog psychiatrist episode.  They cut the funniest line about "Oh yes, Mozart will tell me he's busy, but then later I will see him out with Shakespeare and Lincoln."

Diogo22

[6]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 15
    I don't know exactly who does cut these episodes down for sindication, but I know it normally isn't someone connected to it, because they always complain about the cuts made.

CSM135

[7]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 22
    There is a line in the Pilot episode that isn't on tv, but is on the dvd.