Frasier

Goodnight, Seattle (2)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 13, 2004 on NBC

• One of television's best finales

"Goodnight, Seattle" is a culmination of not only the series but also ties ends with the events that have transpired over the final season. Although many people speculated the finale to be very poor, like most shows, it was actually quite the opposite. It had all the characteristics of a typical finale (i.e. a birth and a wedding) without being cheesy or over-the-top. In true Frasier fashion, it was done with dignity and grace. It's a nice, tidy ending that isn't vague and a person can imagine in his or her own head what just may happen next. Everyone recieved a proper new chapter in their life and I was actually very pleased how everything ended up.

It was quite special to see Martin remarry a woman he truly loves. The final milestone in the Niles/Daphne saga was set with the birth of their first child, David. Roz got her long-awaited and well-deserved promotion. And of course, Frasier chooses love over money as he decides to follow Charlotte to Chicago instead of taking the lucrative job in San Francisco. It's nice to know that he will start over just as he did 11 years ago. It makes me feel as if we've seen everything that there was to see during his whole time in Seattle. The finale is really a tearjerker at heart and I couldn't help but shed a tear when Frasier was quoting "Ulysess." This is truly one of the best finales ever.