Frasier

NBC (ended 2004)

millerem99

Frasier Fan Reviews (142)

• hidden affair

i really surprisingly laugh and enjoy a show for the 3 time. that's rare. the other 2 are Archie and Raymond
  • Outrageously funny

People might often think that this type of show isn't really their cup of tea. It's too high brow. These were my thoughts exactly but when I started watching it I found myself laughing through every joke. The main reason for this is Martin. Martin unlike his sons, is a simpler guy who often enjoys making wise-ass remarks about their way of life. Believe me, this show is for everyone. It's indeed a classic.
  • A classic.

In the 11 years that it aired, "Fraiser" became one of the most loved sitcoms of my life. I never watched "Cheers" and didn't had the basis for this character, but I don't think that it even matters. For 11 seasons, I laughed to these people that were so complex yet so funny.

I won't talk about every actor now, because they were all amazing in their roles. I didn't find anything lacking, to be real. Frasier was amazing with his "holier-than-thou" attitude, and in pair with his brother Niles they were just hilarious. Each of their escapades in the world of quality wine, theater or opera was too funny for words. To bring in the balance, their father represented the world of "ordinary" people. The constant clashing between the three provided so many wonderful scenes that I can't even count.

Along with them was quirky cleaning lady Daphne whos stories were legendary; and Frasier's producer Roz, with her sexual happenings. Really, just thinking about all of these characters brings a smile to my face.

I loved the development of the show, with Niles "secretly" loving Daphne up to a point where it hurt, to Daphne being completely oblivious, to Frasier's radio station filled with crazy characters, and even Martin's dog Eddie.

I do agree that the show lost some of its originality after season 7, but there was never an episode that I hated, nor did the show lose credit in my mind because of it. This is truly an original show, and will revisit it sometime in the future.
  • Absolutely Genius!!

I was out of country when the series was showing so I didn't get to watch at the time of airing. I started watching in 2002 and have collected ALL seasons on DVD. I have watched them hundreds of times since and am watching as I write. (Niles is trying to fly the kite...) The writing is absolutely genius. Frasier just cant win for losing in just about everything he does and the constant competition between him and Niles promises hilarious outcomes. Daphne's psychic ability and Martin's impersonation of her English accent is sure to entertain. Another genius idea: Maris. Completely allowed the viewer to see her "their" way. The numerous stars of today are seen in their in their debuts. Teri Hatcher, Teri Polo, Marsha Mason, Sela Ward, Jean Smart, Dr. Phil, Anthony Lapaglia (Without a Trace), Shannon Tweed (Honey Snow), Laura Linney, and a long list of others. As a matter of fact, even Cuddy, Lisa Edelstein(from House) was on the show and is recommended to all House fans. My favorites episodes are: Niles and Daphne dancing the Tango, the cabin (total vaudeville) with Nguy, the French chef and skier, Frasier trying to help Bebe quit smoking so she can marry Big Willie - love when she explains why she loves to smoke - classic.
  • One of the greatest television shows of all time- a must see for anyone who has ever watched TV.

Frasier is a spin-off of the show Cheers- and I can certainly imagine that some would stop right there. My advice to those who would- look past it. Frasier is one of the greatest, and perhaps one of the most underrated, television shows of all time. Starring Frasier Crane- a psychiatrist who has pretty much no luck with women, Niles Crane- another psychiatrist, brother to Frasier, who is married to a horrible but never-shown Maris for half the series before finally breaking up with her and marrying the person he has been madly in love with for the whole show, the British Daphne Moon, his father Martin's personal caretaker.

Frasier is one of the longest running sitcoms of all time, and with good reason. It hits almost every note, and has few episodes at all that could be considered even below average; most shows aren't as good as one of them. The characters all work perfectly- Frasier and Niles being typical, competitive brothers, Martin being the sane and sarcastic father who acts as a perfect foil to them, Roz's constantly-mentioned sex life ("Even the best birth control only works 99 out of 100 times- I can't beat those odds!")... even the dog is a good actor, really- his relationship with Frasier almost always brings a laugh when it is brought up.

It remains a splendid show throughout its run; even in its final season, Frasier still managed to bring amazing episodes such as "The Doctor is Out" and "Boo!". If you have not seen this show, I don't think you belong on this website. Go ahead, pick any episode- you can't lose. This is one of few shows where I can say I enjoyed every episode- and for a show with almost 300 of them, that's no easy feat to accomplish.
  • Love it!

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this show! Whenever I watch an episode and I'm upset, I always end up forgetting about what I was upset about in the first place. I especially love the Niles/Daphne relationship. It makes my day. :)

I write fan fiction for this show and the ideas just keep on coming! I always smile uncontrollably when I watch it and I want it to come back! But at least we had eleven seasons of it, so I can't complain! Just AMAZING. It's a classic! My favourite episode is 'Something borrowed, something blue.' It just goes above and beyond! Dannii xoxo
  • Frasier was a great show! It was a spinoff from the show Cheers in which Frasier Crane has become a radio psychiatrist in Seattle, WA. The show centers around Frasier and his family and co workers.

Frasier was a great show! It was a spinoff from the show Cheers in which Frasier Crane has become a radio psychiatrist in Seattle, WA. The show centers around Frasier and his family and co workers. Frasier's father shares the modern high rise apartment with Frasier while he is in rehab from an accident he received while doing his job as a policeman. He gets a live-in caretaker, Daphne, who becomes Frasier's brother, Niles, eventually develops feelings for. This show was always funny because Frasier and Niles are complete social snobs and always try to save face and get into trouble doing it. Frasier's co worker, Ros, is also a great character on the show.
  • In years to come, when critics speak of the all-time great television shows, Frasier will take its place among the very best.

Frasier Crane, following several failed relationships in Boston and tiring of the bar scene, returns to his home town, Seattle, to see if he can't rebuild his life. As an occupation, he chooses that of a radio psychiatrist. As fate would have it, he ends up living with his cantankerous father Martin, his father's "psychic" health care worker Daphne, and a Jack Russell terrier named Eddie. His core group is completed with the addition of his brother Niles and his radio show's producer, Roz Doyle.

The title character Frasier – whom many will recall from the popular sitcom Cheers of which this series is a spinoff – is played brilliantly by Kelsey Grammer. It never ceases to amaze me how Grammer can, in a span of minutes, go from hilarious comic buffoonery to being an intelligent, educated, caring psychiatrist with complete believability. If you got to know and like Frasier in the context of Cheers, you will find this new journey of self-discovery a wonderful experience.

Frasier's father Martin is played by veteran actor John Mahoney. This may be Mahoney's best roll – a retired, no-nonsense ex-cop (injured in the line of duty) and the perfect foil for the socially-conscious, fastidious Crane brothers. Frasier's brother Niles, played to subtle perfection by David Hyde-Pierce, is in many ways more Frasier than Frasier himself: more delicate, more refined, allergic to most everything and with an abiding fear of germs and small creatures. Daphne Moon, the family's housekeeper and Martin's physical therapist is played by Jane Leeves. It is impossible not to fall in love with this delightful character. Roz Doyle, Frasier's producer, is played by Peri Gilpin -- more than capable of holding her own in this stellar company. Roz is a seasoned radio professional with an overactive love life and another perfect foil for the Crane boys. Other regulars include Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe (Dan Butler), a macho sports broadcaster, Gil Chesterton (Edward Hibbert), a loveably gay food critic, and Noel ("the mole") Shempsky (Patrick Kerr) –- a Star Trek fan with a major crush on Roz. And of course, there's Eddie (Moose/Enzo), Martin's beloved pooch to whom the Crane brothers must play second fiddle when it comes to their father's attention.

If one were to say that Frasier was the best television sitcom ever, it's not like many people would laugh – perhaps no one would. The reason is simple: from the first show to the last, the acting and writing are of the highest quality. In other popular shows, after the first few years, the producers often have to resort to gimmicks to keep interest alive: you suddenly have the main characters traveling to exotic locations, or perhaps will see an increase in the number of flavor-of-the-month guest celebrities. Gimmicks were never necessary with a show of Frasier's caliber. In the end, you had the feeling that the show could have continued indefinitely.

If you've never seen Frasier, don't worry about getting hooked only to find your favorite character leaving the show. The first show and the last involve the same core group of characters. Even the main set, Frasier's apartment, still has all the original furniture after eleven years; changes were limited to small objets d'art.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about Frasier is its integrity. At the end of eleven years, you almost have the feeling that it was all written beforehand. One of the essential themes –- that Frasier and his father come to understand and appreciate each other –- was brought to a heartfelt conclusion. Another story line, that of Niles' and Daphne's relationship, ends with the birth of their son, David. Roz gets a well-deserved promotion, and even Martin, mellowed by his association with his sons, finds love again and marries. This consistency was in no small part due to the series creators, David Angell, Peter Casey and David Lee. And Frasier ends up... Well, watch and see.

To sum up: it will amuse you, it will touch you, and it will educate you. Don't miss it.
  • My New Favorite Show

I absolutely LOVE Frasier. It is very difficult to turn off, so I suggest if you're going to watch it, make sure that you have your whole afternoon free. :) My personal favorite character is Dr. Niles Crane, played by David Hyde Pierce. However, the whole cast of Frasier together make for comedy genius and I hope that there is a Frasier reunion in the works (aside from the slight reunion in The Simpsons Season 19 episode "Funeral For A Fiend" with Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney as Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Bob's brother Cecil, and Bob and Cecil's Father, respectively)
    On a related note, does anyone know if you can still get Frasier-themed merchandise in Seattle?
  • Hoperfully in the next few years to come viewer will hear the words "Frasier reunion". Please the world missies Frasier Crane.

I love this TV show, and I try to watch it as much as possible! The humor is intelligent unlike some TV shows that have humor that is stupid and immature and predictable. You just have to laugh at all the situations that Niles and Frasier get into that could have been prevented in the first place if they weren't so concerned with appearances.
    Martin is funny as the dad who is clueless as to reasons why his sons won't embrace the ordinary life(and I want a chair as comfy as his). Long Live Frasier Crane. and the rest of the gang.
  • One of my favourite!

This show has got to be one of the most must-see shows ever. I like Frasier mostly because it is about two highly educated brother who fortunately, still is childish. Even though they use quite "high words", it is still understandable and is full of laughs. I mean, the jokes keep coming on and on. I like how the relationship between the sons and the father goes out. Also how both brothers battle against each other to find who is more smarter. It's lively and cheerful and I give this a 10 because it has stayed to its core till its end (unlike some other shows which stray away from the base). I recommend this show to adults who are intelligent.
  • I am a huge Frasier fan, it's probably one of the best sitcoms of the 90's.Kelsey Grammar reprises his role as Frasier Crane from Cheers as a pompous psychiatrist who has to deal with a lot including his father, younger brother, and relationship issues.

Great series, I was surprised to find out that it was Kelsey Grammar who sung the show's opening theme. Wow! He's pretty good, to be honest. Anyway about the series it follows the exploits of Frasier Crane (from Cheers) who moves back to Seattle to continue his life. As soon as he moves back, he has to contend with his equally pompous and bombastic brother(Niles Crane) played brilliantly by David Hyde Pierce and his working class father(Martin Crane) who is played by John Mahoney. The story goes like this Martin Crane was shot so he needs a hospice type service and his hospice is played by Jane Leeves as Daphne. Then there is of course Roz the producer of Frasier's show and along with a smart dog (Eddie). The series is probably one of the best sitcoms of all time which can be compared to being as good as Cheers.
  • When Dr.Frasier Crane moves from boston to seattle only to have his father live with him he expects the worst.

Like the best show ever!!!
    i love frasier.
    hands down the best!!!
    the first time i saw it i didn't like it but after seconed time i feel in love.
    all the characters are all so big and colorful, the humor is so dry and comical, and thier is so much smart things about this show.
    i wish it was still on just for the fact thati would have a chance to be on this lengenday show.
    if this show wasn't around i don't know where television would be at simply due to the fact that this show has made other shows work for their raiting.
    i just want to say best show ever and i will always love this show.
    when i die, i want to be buried with my dvds of it.
  • Frasier was the spinoff to Cheers, but as time went on, it became a great show in it's own right. A good cast, along with good writers, helped to make the show what it was -- a laugh out loud funny tv show.

I loved this show right from the start. The cast had a good chemistry together and the jokes just kept on coming. Over the many seasons that it was on the air, I continued to watch each and every show, laughing at each of the characters foilables, crying when something sad happened, along with feeling other emotions all along the spectrum.

This show was a true classic in it's own right and it's a shame that there aren't a lot of shows on today that even come close to being nearly as funny as Frasier was.

The cast was whip smart, talented and funny. And every night that the show was on, we as an audience got to see a wonderful group of people acting their hearts and souls out.

My favorite character from the show itself was Niles. He was one of the funniest characters overall. Every pratfall, every joke was just pure gold. Also, Bulldog was funny as well.

In the end, the show never went overboard for the most part. With the exception being when Frasier was on that little woman dating spree. That was one of the few times where the show itself was rather annoying. But other than that, it remained to it's heart -- a fun and enjoyable tv comedy.
  • One of my favorite sitcoms.

Frasier is a good show. I watch it every night it comes on Lifetime. I admit it! I'm a man, and I watch Lifetime. I love their sitcoms. I love to laugh. Frasier is a show I grew up watching. My parents loved the show, and I would come in and sit with them while they watched it. I got into this show very quickly. The characters are funny. The series tells a powerful story. I loved most of the episodes, especially the finale. I'm just sorry it ended, but all good shows musst come to an end sometime. This show lasted for 11 years, and that's something the creators should be very proud of.
  • Whoever thought of this, you rock!

This is another awesome and hilarious sitcom! Oh my gosh! I love this show so much! Frasier Crane is a radio psychiotrist. He lives with his dad and his father's physical therapist, Daphne Moon. I love all the main characters in the show. Frasier is so funny, and he's so handsome! Roz is sassy and classy, and she totally rocks! Niles is so sweet and innocent! When he and Daphne get together, I'm like... YES!!! They make the perfect couple. Martin is Frasier's and Niles' dad, and he is so wise! Although, I don't really see him as someone in his 60s. He's gotta be younger lol! Then, there's Daphne! Oh my gosh! I love her! She is so funny, and I love her accent! I love her English sass! This show is so cute! Frasier, you are on fire!!!
  • A perfect throwback to the proper Sit-Com.

"Frasier" married the perfect fusion of superior acting and masterful scriptwriting. While the situations were familiar, the acting took classic concepts to greater levels. Never have sophisticated words been combined with such sophomoric situations. The inflection of Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce were tailored to each other. These two were clearly the best duo in Sit-com history. The rest of the cast has their peaks and valleys. Peri Gilpin as "Roz" is more of a generic character that kind of gets stuck in development. Actually, all of the cast were pretty much stuck in their roles which proves how good the writing was. A true "Situation" Comedy.
  • The best.

This show has it all two brothers who cant stop competing about every little thing to some of the greatest comments ever.

I started watching this show after season 7, before that i wouldent know of it i watched a small clip on tv and thought boring, mistake until finally a day i watched a full episode and i was taken in wow i thought it had everything niles, being my favourite he is my favourite actor in a series.

The show with the two brothers one frasier living with his farther martin and his daycare worker daphne, after his move from boston and cheers, he starts a new life in seattle as a radio psychatrist with his producer roz, his
    brother Niles who also is a psychatrist, lives with his wife maris.
  • Frasier has left the building! :D

It may have started life as a hopeful spin-off from 'Cheers', but right from the very first episodes, 'Frasier' proved that it had enough style and substance of its own to become a TV legend. Granted, it went on for a couple of seasons too many, and toward the end was clearly starting to suffer from a lack of fresh ideas, but for the most part this was a hilarious, insightful and often very moving programme that my Friday nights throughout the late 90s just wouldn't have been complete without. After so many years of viewing, Frasier, Niles, Martin, Daphne, Roz and Eddie feel like more than just TV characters - they're like your very own neighbours, or even great friends.
  • Frasier is one of the best written comedies of all time. Its intellectual and eloquent humour remains unchallenged to this day.

The nineties gave birth to some of our most beloved and successful sitcoms on television. Frasier stood proudly as one of the most popular shows of this period, next to such respectable names as Seinfeld, Friends, and Everybody Loves Raymond. Its setting was a spin off from the well received Cheers, another comedy which had just ended. The character with only a minor role plucked from the show and sent into the solo ring was Frasier, a newly divorced father who had moved from Boston to live in Seattle with his father. His job was a radio psychiatrist, and his brother and maid eventually became regulars. Most of the humour revolved around higher class versus lower class confrontation and differences. This divide was mainly between Frasier, Niles and their father, who are completely the opposite personalities. Many failed romances were the focus of the cast as they all seek to find true love but seemed to never achieve. This gave birth to one of the most famous anticipations in television, will they or won't they? - referring to Niles and his unaware love of his life Daphne who also happened to be his father's health-care worker. Add all that to the stress of living under one apartment makes for some great entertainment. For those who enjoy intelligent and clean humour, are mature and can tolerate a few painful episodes will not be disappointed by the best this series has to offer.
  • An amazing addition to sitcoms.

A spin-off with unparrel success. Frasier Crane moves from Boston to Seattle to live with his father Martin and physical therapist Daphne Moon. Of course there is also Frasier's brother Niles, the two of them are very close and together provided a great show. There are also characters like Frasier's producer Roz Doyle and "Bulldog" Bob Brisco who has a sports show. This show can easily be compared to other great sitcoms like Seinfield, Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond. It was a fantastic show that has given the actors several opportunities. I can rewatch it over and over again, still enjoying it every single time! It's perfect!
  • dr crane moves to from cheers to his own radio show.

doctor cranes leaves boston and his friends from cheers and move to a new town to start over. he's father an ex cop martin and his funny dog eddie move in with him. this show was very funny and i enjoyed watching it every week. l have to say i personally loved eddie the most. i though he could really steal a scene. and martin what a sweet heart. he loves his dog eddie and l found it funny when he dressed him up in little out fits. he loves his sons but does'nt put up with any crap from them. i was glad that niles and dapfin {i spelled her name wrong} got together. this show still makes me laugh and i enjoyed every episode.
  • I have been a fan for years and I love them. The entire cast flows so well togetehr and the comedy is side splitting, typical Kelsey Grammer even though I have seen him in other roles. He has an overpowering presence and you have to love him.

I can't say how many times I've laughed at this show until tears spilled down my cheeks. They have such a dry-witted humor that envelopes this script that it amazes me at the thought process of the writers, producers & Kelsey as well as the staff to pull it all off and for so many years. I am literally standing up in my chair & clapping! Sad thet the original Eddie died, what a dog. Niles & Daphne my goodness, I do not think there are enough adjectives to describe these two, beautiful duo, Martin, Roz need I go on?
  • I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first started watching Frasier, I loved it. Still do. My mother thought that she wouldn't like it, but I convinced her to watch an episode, and now she has me recording every episode that comes on so she can see them. Fraiser and Niles are probably the best tv duo I've ever seen. Their so high maitnenced and preppy. Fraiser is always meddling in everything, and Niles, despite his realtionships to other women loves Daphne. She would be my favorite character. From England, things she often says creep out Martin and make Niles love her even more. She often tells stories about her crazy family and I don't think she was lying either! Martin is Fraser and Niles' father. Far from being anywhere close to like his sons, he's more of the classic, regular guy. Roz, Fraiser's producer for his radio show. Strange and has dated probably every guy in Seatle, or maybe even Washington, she and Frasier have more of a brother sister relationship. Though they have tried getting together a few times, they just seemed to be more happier as friends and love each other in a brother/sister, bickering all the time, kind of way. I advise anyone who was a fan of Frasier on Cheers, or even Cheers period, to watch this show. It's great!
  • This is my fevourite show of all times. I have all the DVDs and must have seen all the seasons at least 3 or 4 times (obsess much?)

I have first discovered Frasier on some vacation to Greece. They used to put it on some crazy hours like 3am in the morning. I was just getting back from partying around and it was the best time to watch something on the telly.

After getting back to the states I looked this show up and baught the dvd from the first season. That was it, I fell inlove with this show. Thow I was 19 when I first started watching the show and all my friends thought it was a snooze but I stuck with it and it proved great. This whole set up reminds me of myself somewhat. Med student in the psych department, though my life is not so goofy as Frasier but still I care many of his traits and flaws. Character development was amazing during these 11 years (or more if you watched Cheers). How Frasier and Martin came to so close. Or Niles' love for Daphne for so many years and his devorce with Maris. It is an amazing ride, from his true friendship with Rose to the irritating little dog!

I will keep watching this show till the DVDs break!
  • Frasier Crane returns to Seattle to be a Radio Talk Show host, his father Martin an ex-cop and his dog Eddie comes to live with him and Frasier hires a home care helper Daphne to care for Martin, and he also has younger brother Niles.

Frasier is one the greatest shows in TV History along side it's parent show Cheers. Frasier is a snobby uptight psychiatrist who has his own radio show in his hometown of Seattle, he ends up living with his ex-cop father Martin, his dog Eddie and home care worker Daphne Moon who moved from England. Frasier's younger brother Niles is also a snobby psychiatrist. Frasier also has a best friend the sexy Roz Doyle who is his producer.

One of the best episodes is in Season 1, where their father takes them to a steakhouse, and throughout the episode they make rude and snobbish remarks about the place and the people working their, until their father Martin tells them that he has enough of their attitude, and says that when insulting the place they are insulting him, and that even though their mom and also his wife was high class and enjoyed the opera and ballet like Frasier and Niles, she also enjoyed a good baseball and a hot dog once in awhile, and that she never would make anyone feel second rate or uncomfortable, and she would be ashamed by their behavior. Their father Martin would be the voice of reason for his sons, and give them simple advice, that everything doesn't have to be complicated as it has to be. This show is classy and very funny, I like this show alot, Outstanding!
  • Even though I enjoyed Frasier on "Cheers", I didn't think I'd like this show... until I watched it!

This show truly surprised me! Not only did KG expand on the character of Frasier wonderfully, the supporting cast ROCKED! I especially enjoyed Martin & Niles - Daphne was fabulous as well! This is a show that always made me laugh, & when it went into syndication, I rarely missed an episode because it always brightened up my day! If you want a show that will make you stop & think, as well as laugh, this is the show to watch!!
  • Funny and cute.

This is definitely my favorite sitcom, it's so casual and unlike most "Friends" type of shows it's humor isn't totally retarded, it's really funny in a smart amusing way. The characters are all great, I love Fraiser and Niles as well as the girls, and their dad and his dog, they are all just great together. I don't oftenly watch shows that are not sci-fi on a daily bases, but I've watched this from the start to the end just to see what happens and what kinda silly situations they were going to get into next. All in all, this is a high quality sitcom with great actors and characters and amusing plots, I'd recommend it to everyone who likes to laugh.
  • Frasier, they really had it...

I guess this is another one of those , PLEASE, dont end, come back... Frasier, Niles, Daphne, Roz, and of course how could you ever not complete the show without, BullDog, oh my gosh, he was hilourous, or how ever you spell it, but you got my drift. BullDog, was so funny to not just to watch but just to listen to, the things he would come up with and say, like that time when he gave roz that part to be with him on his show and they was doing so good on ratings and them really clicking, of course over at her place that night Bulldog had it all figured out, he brought his own tonight is the night bag of goody's, like the candle, and cologne, and the big feather out of a hat, and then caught it a fire, and had the rose peddles for the bed, then roz walked in and then freak'ed and bulldog says hey, something like "Be careful, I might be takin this the wrong way", yes it mwas great, but aside from bulldog, niles and frasier, both all cityfied, and there dad, all country, great combination, huh, all in all I will and still will miss that show alot, sometimes the people get together and can really put a great show all together and they did this with this one farewell Frasier, and wish it hadnt ever had to end. 5/5/2007
  • Frasier rules!

I love to watch this show every night when it is on. I always end up laughing. Sometimes, there are episodes the are so well written I end up still repeating the quotes and lines from the characters or actors/actresses enough where people just know it's from Frasier. My favoite character is Edi, the dog. I think that the idea where Frasier is on a radio show is great because he is the lead character. I don't think that I would change almost anything about this show. It is hilarious and well written. If you want to laugh or need a break from life, watch Frasier.
< 1 2 3 4 5