Frasier

NBC (ended 2004)

francklloyd

Frasier Fan Reviews (144)

• rasier TV Series

Y'All make me so sick I cannot stand it. I had to endure a year of your reruns on Hallmark Channel thing something different would be there. Well, it is obvious nobody else wants you either and now I am stuck with you another year. Go bury all yourselves along with
  • Crap comedy

1.5
    I wake up to a lovely sunny day in my grandmother's house; the birds are singing and the sun is shining. I'm happy. Watching the news is nice, it gives you the updates on what's happening all over the world. Then my grandma comes in. She sits down, grabs the TV remote and to her joy, discovers that Frasier is on. The skies outside darken, the birds stop singing and thunder comes rolling and lightening flashes. My happiness is drenched. You see, the thing was I'd been hoping to have a nice peaceful morning without having to suffer from watching Frasier, which has to be one of the lamest comedies on the planet. Even with the subtitles on (I'm partially deaf) I don't see the humour in the show. Yes, I might have laughed at the poor comedy attempts but that's just about it. Never have I found a comedy less funny than Frasier. By my standards it's appalling.

• I want to know is; What happened to Eddie in the last episode? He as taken into the back of the vet's office, the vet came out with the rings and Eddie was never mentioned again. Surely last episode should address the demise of one of the regulars.

3.5
    I did not see the last episode. My wife called and said she had seen it and there was a problem with the ending. She was quite upset. Eddie, the terrier, has always been an integral part of the show. He even had whole shows focused on him. It is uncharacteristic for the last episode not to include the "demise" of Eddie. If this was an oversight on the writers' part, it is unforgivable. If there is a reason that Eddie was not even mentioned after being taken into the vet's back office, tell us what it is. Otherwise, the show is left unclosed and with questions. All did not live happily ever after.
  • I think that this show was very average and has rarely made me laugh when i have watched it.

3.7
    I dont understand how this programme was ever popular because i expect to find a comedy funny and i never got frasier and never will.If you compare this with what i think are good comedies like scrubs or friends then frasier looks weak and useless. I have to admit that frasier isnt always bad and does have occasions where it makes me laugh but it isnt consistent enough and doesnt produce enough laughs(for me anyway).I understand that some people will find it funny but i advise you away from frasier and in the direction of a decent comedy like scrubs, friends or my anme is earl.
  • too much credits

Don't watch this show.
  • Went on way too long -Mr Bean crossed with Sex and the City.

The earlier seasons were very good but by season 5 -it is almost a different show.

The massive drop in quality is most obvious when you marathon the series, it degenerates from cutting quips and witty remarks to episodic gimmicks and 'wackiness' -all the while shrouded in an air of "sophistication" which comes off as cheap pretension.

It went from a show about a middle aged man dealing with a new city, a new job and new relationships with his family -to a show about a surprisingly famous middle aged man who when not bedding super models and 'swimsuit model and sophisticated scholar' hybrids, is getting himself involved in a whole lot of wacky hijinks by doing some of the most moronic 'worst than Mr Bean' things possible.

I would certainly have some very harsh words for Charles Douglass (the creator of laugh tracks) if he were still alive, he should be punished for the enormous amount of unfunny that he has helped make it on screen.
  • This show is a little old for me but I still watch it. Its funny but I hate how the picture and how is looks anyone agree with me on this?

I watch this show and it makes me feel that I should only be watching it if I am flippnig channels.
    When i do watch it I find it funny how even though Fraiser is a Phsycoligist, he has a mid-life crisis and has to go to his old teacher to help him through this terrible time.
    I think that Rozz should wake up and see that Frasier and feelings for her..
  • Sometimes interesting.

This is not my favorite show. In fact, it is a show that I find rather boring. I don't really know what it is exactly. Maybe it's because I find the humor kind of bland, or maybe the acting kind of skittish. I just don't know why I have so many issues witht the show, but it just doesn't hold too much of my interest. I wouldn't say it's a bad show. I actually think they have some decent actors and actresses. My favorite character would have to be the dog. Overall, this is not a show that I am very fond of. Thank you.
  • bring it back i like that show why did they cancelled it for.

why did they cancelled it for it was a great show i like it. I want that show back can they bring it back for the season 12 please. i like martin fraiser he is funny to watch are they bring it back tell me please it was funny and good everybody like it that watch it. I like the cast did anybody die. Fraiser is the most sitcom. they won an emmy, golden globes, other. they should have more season i m i right. they have the highest rating in show dont you know that of all the season.
  • Nice!

7.4
    I enjoy watching Seinfeld and Becker more than I enjoy watching Frasier, but Frasier leaves them both behind in genuine sitcom quality. The cast is brilliant and the writing is absolutely top-notch. The first 5 seasons was probably the best display of American sitcom of all time, if not international sitcom. Unfornunately the show ran out of steam in the final few series when the energy seemed to slip away from both the writing and acting.

Frasier is a real comedy lovers comedy. Even though it pokes fun at wine-loving snobs, it's upper-class feel may have kept some from experiencing the show. While it's not my all-time favourite show, Frasier is undoubtedly the most professional sitcom that I have ever seen.
  • Advanced comedy

This was defenitely a show that required a more mature and advanced taste in comedy. It was cultured, classy, and even had it's moments of simpler zanier comedy. It was clearly a hit, lasting eleven seasons. I did however think it ran a little past it's prime the later seasons seemed more enjoyable and better founded from my perspective.
  • A very pretentious comedy that was a spin off of Cheers but nowhere near as funny.

7.6
    A very pretentious comedy that was a spin off of Cheers but nowhere near as funny. To me the characters were stuffy and anoying. The storylines seemed too similar and i just never really cared about the characters. The show stared Kelsey Grammer as Dr. Frasier Crane who had moved to Seattle from Boston (where he had been a character on Cheers). He went from being a pyschitrist to being a radio talk show host. I only found the character midly interesting on Cheers. It reminds me of when they try to make a leading man out of a decent character actor. It just doen't work. The rest of the cast included Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon Crane, David Hyde Pierce as Dr. Niles Crane, Peri Gilpin as Roz Doyle and John Mahoney as Martin Crane.
  • Classic

Frasier is a really, really, really, really, really funny show. It's wierd for me to like a show that dosen't use a lot of stupid humor, but this show is soo witty it's unbelievable. I don't know how the writers do it, but it seems like every witty remark and ironic mishap just comes out as utterly histerical. This show is incredible, and is without a dought the best spin-off of all-time. I've never watched Cheers before, but after seeing this show I will definently check it out as soon as I can possibly do so. That's it, 'nuff said
  • Great all round show

This is such a wonderful show I am unsure where to begin. I love a show that brings realistic problems and situations to the surface and adds a hilarious and witty twist to the plot. The chemistry between the characters is amazing and the storylines are awsome. Frasier and his brother Niles have made the profession of phsyciatry no longer a boring topic. The antics of those two along with their father, Martin and their father's live in Physical Therapist, Daphne Moon mix to make a funny, no-holds-barred look at the Seattle highlife. I would suggest this show to anyone looking for a good laugh.
  • this show is about a family that still for the most part lives together and the adventures they that happen with their work and love lives in seattle.

I do like watching this show some and i like it a little more because i live in seattle, so i can relate a little bit. But for the most part the show isnt at all funny and can be quite boring at times especially with its newer episodes. However there have been some very good shows that provide suspence and some funny moments and that is why i gave it a 8. It could use a little work but is a pretty good show overall.
  • Took me awhile to get used to this one....

A spinoff of Cheers? Come on, let the show go out with dignity stop making money off of the franchise!

Hey, I was wrong, when that generic commercial aired on the final episode of Cheers, I was appalled that there would be a spin off!

Well, it took me 6 years to come around and enjoy the show. I was expecting it to have the feel of Cheers, but it had it's own unique style of comedy. Glad I got to enjoy the show, and really enjoyed when the old Cheers castmates made a trip to Seattle to see the Doc.

My favorite was the one with Diane, who wrote a play about a bar and come familiar characters in it?!?!

Anyways, what an enjoyable 11 years for this show. Glad that it had it's run and let the legacy of Cheers go on!
  • I Like it despite myself

I'm probably the most anti-counselling person you'll ever meet, andFraiser is about Pschiatrists, but, for some odd reason, I find the show totally fascinating. It's different than the usual sitcoms. You know that's the mark of a great show when you I can overlook the whole counselling aspect of it and Still see a show I still watch in reruns! Only thing negative: the very last episode could have been a Lot better!
  • Frasier

Frasier is a great show. Frasier Crane wasn't the most entertaining or popular character from Cheers, and thinking back of things like The Tortellis and the cast of Cheers, Frasier appeared to have the least potential for a spin off series. But fortunately, brilliant writing gave the character a whole new life and for most of the nineties, I am eternally grateful for the Frasier-Cheers-Seinfeld triumvirate that easily outshines most of the shows on TV in the subsequent years.

Frasier was not without it's faults and retcons, in particular Martin being described in Cheers as a Scientist and dead, as well as Nancy Marchand guest starring as Hester Crane back in the 80's. The stand out for me, was always Niles. Niles was quite simply brilliant. His psychosomatic illnesses, phobias, his elitism, and his bizarre wives and just the way Niles saw the world was great.

Although the show lacked the freshness towards the later years, and the Daphne-Niles will they/won't they came to a predictable conclusion, Characters like Gertrude Moon and Kirby long outstayed their unfunny welcomes.

Frasier itself could've been better in a number of different ways, but without it, TV in the 90's would never be the same. Echoes of not dumbing down to an audience can still be found in TV today, and though Frasier neither invented high brow comedy, nor got too slapsticky it was a brilliant blend of comedy and culture, especially going against the everyman type characters that are prominent in TV shows at the time.
  • a really classic comedy

the show is fraiser and its about a sycitrist who has a radio show and that has been divorced twice . and a cop that was injured in the line of duty has to move in with him. and fraiser who enjoys lucury like fine sugars and all nice future has to deal with recliners that have taped all over them and other sorts. but it is a realll y funny and i saw all the eps of the show and have some of the boxsets i think it was also a genious show that last quite abit . and i gave it a 8 and i think it deservies it.
  • "Frasier" #1 sitcom

I enjoyed "Frasier" during its run on NBC and I continue to watch reruns on a local channel here in Cleveland nearly every night. I think it is excellently written and the characters are believeable, except perhaps for Niles taking 7 years to declare his love for Daphne. The adventures of the Drs. Crane and the fixes they get themselves into are tremendously funny. The actors playing Frasier, Niles, and Martin (Kelsey Grammar, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney) excel in their roles as does Peri Gilpin (who played Frasier's producer Roz). I thought the characters Frasier and Roz were good together and I wonder why the writers did not make them a couple. An excellent show. I think Lifetime tv should move it up earlier in the evening, instead of having it on at midnight.
  • great american comedy

Frasier is the only american comedy i like around its time. An absoultly brilliant show showing the Craines. with Frasier, niles who is my favourite with his bug phobias and whiping the chair with his hankey along with daphine and martin the only one that is normal out of the three men. the show like all other does have its fair share of average episodes but to give credit where credit is due they have a fair few brilliant ones as well. set n the city of seattle this series is most defently a worth while watching at least one episode.
  • Ambitious. Well-elaborated characters. And most importantly: Funny as hell!

"Frasier" sets itself apart from the competition by having the best elaborated characters in a sitcom I've seen so far. That's what makes the show interesting. For example the interaction between Frasier (the snob) and his father Martin (your average Joe ;)). It never got old after 11 seasons. Other good example are: the friendship of Frasier and Roz; Niles and his "goddess" Daphne; Niles and Marris; and of course: the love-hate relationship between Frasier and his brother Niles. Another great thing about this sitcom was the variety of many nice settings like Frasier's apartment / office, Niles' home, Café Nervosa, etc (which makes it the total opposite to "Cheers"). It gives the show a more dynamic edge. I never liked it when a show just had 1,2 settings. But most importantly: The show was funny as hell. The whole cast, especially Kelsey Grammar, did a great job. I gave it "just" an 8.5 because the last 2,3 seasons weren't as good as the first 8. Like many great sitcoms, it was carried to excess. If I had to name a "Jump the shark"-moment, it would have to be Niles' and Daphne's relationship. Of course, we wanted Niles to be happy but at that point, the character Niles lost it's tragedy and consequently the character wasn't very funny anymore.

None the less, it was still one of the best sitcoms at that time and is definiteley my all-time favourite when it comes to sitcoms.
  • Dr.Frasier Crane lives in a lovely apartment with his boarish father.Fraser is a radio host along with his co-anchor Rozz and when he's not on the air he's dealing with his mannered yet barbaric family.

Frasier is witty and intelligent humour that can be enjoyed regularily.Each episode is in it's own way funny and refreshingly smart.I love how unique the show is and how everybody is so sophisticated and mannered yet brutish and barbaric at the same time.As a spinoff from Cheers Frasier succeeds aswell and has got to be the only spinoff to have a good run on television.Kelsey Grammer is great as is David Hyde Pearce you really believe they are brothers.I love Frasier purely because it's not crude and it's not vulgar which is very rare in T.V now a days especially with Trailer Park Boys,South Park,Family Guy,and The Simpsons being top shows (which are all funny).Frasier is a great show with memorable characters,some of the best dialogue,and fantastic acting
  • Great show if it wasn't for the casting of Anthony LaPaglia - what were they thinking?

Frasier has always been a thoroughly enjoyable and stimulating show. Although Frasier was not one of my favourite people in Cheers, and even though I thought a spin-off based on him would never work, to my surprise it not only worked, but managed to be amusing and cleverly scripted throughout. Although the characters developed into predictable stereotypes over time, the new episodes were well thought out and the situations at least believable considering the main characters. Why oh why use Anthony La Paglia to play Daphne's brother when he has the worst, least convincing English accent since Dick Van Dyck? At the point he appeared I think the series had "jumped the shark". Nevertheless a brave effort from the scriptwriters for refusing to dumb it down with the cultural bits.
  • If you loved Cheers your gonna love this

Fraiser is one of the most successful spin off TV shows in the history of television. It takes one great character from a marquis show Cheers that ran for ten eleven years and lets him do his own thing in a deferent city and a different setting. Kelsey Grammer took his Dr. Fraiser Crane character and moved him to Seattle to due a radio show and live with and help out his aging father. He lives in the city with his brother Niles another neurotic psychologist and hilarity ensues. There are often many a guest star and sometimes they are even your beloved cheers characters coming to visit. While I personally do not think it is as funny as Cheers it is defiantly a very funny show in itself I mean after all it ran just as long as its predecessor and won a whole slew of Emmy’s. So if you like Cheers I urge you to give it a chance.
  • In its prime, Frasier was one of the smartest shows on TV. And the funniest. Near the end, it lost its bite but it'll be fondly remembered.

The show won 5 Emmys in a row for best Comedy. It's a record that, given the sorry state of television sitcoms today, might never be broken. Critics had always praised Frasier in its early years but it's a damn shame audiences never paid as much attention to it as they did Seinfeld or Friends. Not to discredit those shows, I think they kick ass. But Frasier was always kind of under them at NBC.

The writers at Frasier were fantastic at depicting the neurotic Crane brothers of Frasier and Niles. Martin, played by John Mahoney, was great too. The three of them together in a scene could just really wow me.

I always felt that, and this might just be my personal opinion, that the other characters on the show were not quite as well done. Daphne and Roz could get annoying at times. Bulldog became and outright cliche during some episodes. Not that these actors didn't do a good job. But the material was never as good for them. If the Daphne and Roz characters could be as engrossing as Niles or Frasier, I think this show could have been up there with Seinfeld or Cheers. But it was still one of the best sitcoms of the 1990s.

One of the better things about the show's first few seasons was Niles' crush on Daphne. But it was sort of futile. Sooner or later, they'd have to do something about it because by the 6th season, it was getting kind of tired. So Daphne and Niles got together. After that, the show lost one of its major comedic mechanisms. Had less dimension to it. But to be fair, Daphne and Niles not getting together might have been worse--probably would have bummed a large portion of the audience out. I never thought Niles and Daphne made that great of a couple although the actors did the best they could.

Coming into the 8th season or so, Frasier fell out of whack. Either the show wouldn't be that funny or Frasier would have to totally become a parody of himself to get the laughs to come across. Either way the ball rolled that week, Frasier began to feel very much like: "been there, done that" coming into the 21st century.

By the time the excellent series finale aired, I think most people had already said their goodbyes to Frasier. And coming off the air the same year as Friends meant the show got even less media coverage than it would have already.

The show is being released on DVD a lot now and it's still in syndication so check it out.
  • Frasier was the ultimate spin-off. It took a Character that wasn't too developed or a needed part in Cheers, surrounded him with an array of diversed characters and TV magic was created.

The Frasier character that wasn't so well defined in Cheers is given new sides: his competitive side (especially with Niles), his failure in his love life and his relationship with his father; which created some of the best comedy.

Farce was a popular theme throughout the show and those episodes were generally the best.

This show is no doubt the most popular and successful spin-off yet. The show kept its creative storylines and excellent writing through most of the run - only dipping in the later season - and improving for the final year.

The show is one of the best ever produced.
  • Frasier is about a psychologist who moves across country to start a new job on the radio and a new life after his divorce. A spin-off of the popular sitcom Cheers, the show stars Kelsey Grammer as one of the longest-running characters is TV history.

Upscale and witty best describe the comedy of errors that is Frasier. Mostly character-driven humor with some zingers thrown in as well, Frasier is the story of a divorced psycho-therapist who has an advice show on talk radio. While his workplace serves up a few notable characters, mostly his morality-challenged producer Roz, the best laughs come when Frasier's blue collar father Martin puts his sons in their place.

Fraiser and brother Niles are consumed by the finer things in life like art, opera, and fine wine. But give Dad a beer and a sporting event on TV and he's a happy camper. To make for more conflict, Martin, injured while on duty as a police officer, has come to live with Frasier and brought his sassy English PT Daphne along.

Many of the shows laughs in the first years come from Niles worshiping Daphne from afar, even though he is married. And, Frasier and Niles are forever playing one-upsmanship, particularly when it comes to gaining the affection of their father.

One example of the fine writing on this show is Frasier, Niles and Martin are trying to bond while putting together a model ship. Instead of enjoying the shared activity, the boys turn it into an argument over what classification the ship belongs in, much to Dad's irritation. When one of them asks what a Frigate is, Dad replies it's when you just don't care anymore and storms out. Frasier and Niles exchange a bewildered look and press on.

Excellent writing and perfect casting put this show among the top sitcoms of all times.
  • a great show

this is one of those sucseful sit-coms because it is actually funny. and i have neevr seen a posh american like frasier. this is a good watch but some episodes vary some episodes can be great others can be a bit dul and boring but it is a good show. the acotrs are good but i dont really like the palces its filmed because there is not much different sets its always just frasiers apartment or his office or the driving uin a car but its not really ont he road or somwhere outside frasiers apartment block just in fron of it and that was onyl onece. but alltogether htis is a funny and well put together sit-com.
  • Classy show-

This show gave everyone in the middle class (myself included) a small peak into the fictional lives of the rich and snooty. And it was hilarious. Somehow, the brothers Crane developed this pseudo English accent, even though their father was a no nonsense ex-cop whose voice most closely sounded like a foghorn with turbulence.
    The best humor, I think, came into play on this show when the classes colided or, when the fragile upper crust persona of the brothers Crane was about to be shattered. One episode that comes to mind is when Frazier pretended to be gay and even befriended a gay man in order to gain status in his clique.
    Also, another brillant part of this show was the stalker-esque attraction of Niles to his beloved Daphne. Once they finally married, though, the anticipation of the show went down. But , still it was funny.
< 1 2 3 4 5