Frasier

NBC (ended 2004)

millerem99

Frasier Fan Reviews (142)

• rasier TV Series

Y'All make me so sick I cannot stand it. I had to endure a year of your reruns on Hallmark Channel thing something different would be there. Well, it is obvious nobody else wants you either and now I am stuck with you another year. Go bury all yourselves along with
  • too much credits

Don't watch this show.
  • hidden affair

i really surprisingly laugh and enjoy a show for the 3 time. that's rare. the other 2 are Archie and Raymond
  • Frasier

Frasier is a great show. Frasier Crane wasn't the most entertaining or popular character from Cheers, and thinking back of things like The Tortellis and the cast of Cheers, Frasier appeared to have the least potential for a spin off series. But fortunately, brilliant writing gave the character a whole new life and for most of the nineties, I am eternally grateful for the Frasier-Cheers-Seinfeld triumvirate that easily outshines most of the shows on TV in the subsequent years.

Frasier was not without it's faults and retcons, in particular Martin being described in Cheers as a Scientist and dead, as well as Nancy Marchand guest starring as Hester Crane back in the 80's. The stand out for me, was always Niles. Niles was quite simply brilliant. His psychosomatic illnesses, phobias, his elitism, and his bizarre wives and just the way Niles saw the world was great.

Although the show lacked the freshness towards the later years, and the Daphne-Niles will they/won't they came to a predictable conclusion, Characters like Gertrude Moon and Kirby long outstayed their unfunny welcomes.

Frasier itself could've been better in a number of different ways, but without it, TV in the 90's would never be the same. Echoes of not dumbing down to an audience can still be found in TV today, and though Frasier neither invented high brow comedy, nor got too slapsticky it was a brilliant blend of comedy and culture, especially going against the everyman type characters that are prominent in TV shows at the time.
  • Crap comedy

1.5
    I wake up to a lovely sunny day in my grandmother's house; the birds are singing and the sun is shining. I'm happy. Watching the news is nice, it gives you the updates on what's happening all over the world. Then my grandma comes in. She sits down, grabs the TV remote and to her joy, discovers that Frasier is on. The skies outside darken, the birds stop singing and thunder comes rolling and lightening flashes. My happiness is drenched. You see, the thing was I'd been hoping to have a nice peaceful morning without having to suffer from watching Frasier, which has to be one of the lamest comedies on the planet. Even with the subtitles on (I'm partially deaf) I don't see the humour in the show. Yes, I might have laughed at the poor comedy attempts but that's just about it. Never have I found a comedy less funny than Frasier. By my standards it's appalling.

• Outrageously funny

People might often think that this type of show isn't really their cup of tea. It's too high brow. These were my thoughts exactly but when I started watching it I found myself laughing through every joke. The main reason for this is Martin. Martin unlike his sons, is a simpler guy who often enjoys making wise-ass remarks about their way of life. Believe me, this show is for everyone. It's indeed a classic.
  • Daphney Moon

Was Daph prego during season 8? I notice that the wardrobe stylist was dressing her in big clothes as if they wore trying to hide her belly...Well after doing some research , I answered my own question . During the season in 2000-2001she became prego and they wrote in the script as Daphne gaining weight... I just love this show.
  • A classic.

In the 11 years that it aired, "Fraiser" became one of the most loved sitcoms of my life. I never watched "Cheers" and didn't had the basis for this character, but I don't think that it even matters. For 11 seasons, I laughed to these people that were so complex yet so funny.

I won't talk about every actor now, because they were all amazing in their roles. I didn't find anything lacking, to be real. Frasier was amazing with his "holier-than-thou" attitude, and in pair with his brother Niles they were just hilarious. Each of their escapades in the world of quality wine, theater or opera was too funny for words. To bring in the balance, their father represented the world of "ordinary" people. The constant clashing between the three provided so many wonderful scenes that I can't even count.

Along with them was quirky cleaning lady Daphne whos stories were legendary; and Frasier's producer Roz, with her sexual happenings. Really, just thinking about all of these characters brings a smile to my face.

I loved the development of the show, with Niles "secretly" loving Daphne up to a point where it hurt, to Daphne being completely oblivious, to Frasier's radio station filled with crazy characters, and even Martin's dog Eddie.

I do agree that the show lost some of its originality after season 7, but there was never an episode that I hated, nor did the show lose credit in my mind because of it. This is truly an original show, and will revisit it sometime in the future.
  • a really classic comedy

the show is fraiser and its about a sycitrist who has a radio show and that has been divorced twice . and a cop that was injured in the line of duty has to move in with him. and fraiser who enjoys lucury like fine sugars and all nice future has to deal with recliners that have taped all over them and other sorts. but it is a realll y funny and i saw all the eps of the show and have some of the boxsets i think it was also a genious show that last quite abit . and i gave it a 8 and i think it deservies it.
  • Classic

• Absolutely Genius!!

I was out of country when the series was showing so I didn't get to watch at the time of airing. I started watching in 2002 and have collected ALL seasons on DVD. I have watched them hundreds of times since and am watching as I write. (Niles is trying to fly the kite...) The writing is absolutely genius. Frasier just cant win for losing in just about everything he does and the constant competition between him and Niles promises hilarious outcomes. Daphne's psychic ability and Martin's impersonation of her English accent is sure to entertain. Another genius idea: Maris. Completely allowed the viewer to see her "their" way. The numerous stars of today are seen in their in their debuts. Teri Hatcher, Teri Polo, Marsha Mason, Sela Ward, Jean Smart, Dr. Phil, Anthony Lapaglia (Without a Trace), Shannon Tweed (Honey Snow), Laura Linney, and a long list of others. As a matter of fact, even Cuddy, Lisa Edelstein(from House) was on the show and is recommended to all House fans. My favorites episodes are: Niles and Daphne dancing the Tango, the cabin (total vaudeville) with Nguy, the French chef and skier, Frasier trying to help Bebe quit smoking so she can marry Big Willie - love when she explains why she loves to smoke - classic.
  • Sophisticated Comedy

This show is by far one of the greatest sitcoms in Television history. What I like most about it is that is is funny without using slapstick comedy or cheap jokes to make you laugh like most other sitcoms do. I was young when Fraiser started so I did not watch until reruns but I watch them all the time of Lifetime and I have seen many of the episodes more than once. This show will definately be a classice and the only downside is that after Cheers and Fraiser Kelsey Grammer will never successfully be able to play another character.
  • One of the greatest television shows of all time- a must see for anyone who has ever watched TV.

Frasier is a spin-off of the show Cheers- and I can certainly imagine that some would stop right there. My advice to those who would- look past it. Frasier is one of the greatest, and perhaps one of the most underrated, television shows of all time. Starring Frasier Crane- a psychiatrist who has pretty much no luck with women, Niles Crane- another psychiatrist, brother to Frasier, who is married to a horrible but never-shown Maris for half the series before finally breaking up with her and marrying the person he has been madly in love with for the whole show, the British Daphne Moon, his father Martin's personal caretaker.

Frasier is one of the longest running sitcoms of all time, and with good reason. It hits almost every note, and has few episodes at all that could be considered even below average; most shows aren't as good as one of them. The characters all work perfectly- Frasier and Niles being typical, competitive brothers, Martin being the sane and sarcastic father who acts as a perfect foil to them, Roz's constantly-mentioned sex life ("Even the best birth control only works 99 out of 100 times- I can't beat those odds!")... even the dog is a good actor, really- his relationship with Frasier almost always brings a laugh when it is brought up.

It remains a splendid show throughout its run; even in its final season, Frasier still managed to bring amazing episodes such as "The Doctor is Out" and "Boo!". If you have not seen this show, I don't think you belong on this website. Go ahead, pick any episode- you can't lose. This is one of few shows where I can say I enjoyed every episode- and for a show with almost 300 of them, that's no easy feat to accomplish.
  • Love it!

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this show! Whenever I watch an episode and I'm upset, I always end up forgetting about what I was upset about in the first place. I especially love the Niles/Daphne relationship. It makes my day. :)

I write fan fiction for this show and the ideas just keep on coming! I always smile uncontrollably when I watch it and I want it to come back! But at least we had eleven seasons of it, so I can't complain! Just AMAZING. It's a classic! My favourite episode is 'Something borrowed, something blue.' It just goes above and beyond! Dannii xoxo
  • Sometimes interesting.

This is not my favorite show. In fact, it is a show that I find rather boring. I don't really know what it is exactly. Maybe it's because I find the humor kind of bland, or maybe the acting kind of skittish. I just don't know why I have so many issues witht the show, but it just doesn't hold too much of my interest. I wouldn't say it's a bad show. I actually think they have some decent actors and actresses. My favorite character would have to be the dog. Overall, this is not a show that I am very fond of. Thank you.
  • Great all round show

This is such a wonderful show I am unsure where to begin. I love a show that brings realistic problems and situations to the surface and adds a hilarious and witty twist to the plot. The chemistry between the characters is amazing and the storylines are awsome. Frasier and his brother Niles have made the profession of phsyciatry no longer a boring topic. The antics of those two along with their father, Martin and their father's live in Physical Therapist, Daphne Moon mix to make a funny, no-holds-barred look at the Seattle highlife. I would suggest this show to anyone looking for a good laugh.
  • A spin-off that's actually...good? WTF?!?

Frasier is a really, really, really, really, really funny show. It's wierd for me to like a show that dosen't use a lot of stupid humor, but this show is soo witty it's unbelievable. I don't know how the writers do it, but it seems like every witty remark and ironic mishap just comes out as utterly histerical. This show is incredible, and is without a dought the best spin-off of all-time. I've never watched Cheers before, but after seeing this show I will definently check it out as soon as I can possibly do so. That's it, 'nuff said.
  • Frasier was a great show! It was a spinoff from the show Cheers in which Frasier Crane has become a radio psychiatrist in Seattle, WA. The show centers around Frasier and his family and co workers.

Frasier was a great show! It was a spinoff from the show Cheers in which Frasier Crane has become a radio psychiatrist in Seattle, WA. The show centers around Frasier and his family and co workers. Frasier's father shares the modern high rise apartment with Frasier while he is in rehab from an accident he received while doing his job as a policeman. He gets a live-in caretaker, Daphne, who becomes Frasier's brother, Niles, eventually develops feelings for. This show was always funny because Frasier and Niles are complete social snobs and always try to save face and get into trouble doing it. Frasier's co worker, Ros, is also a great character on the show.
  • "Frasier" #1 sitcom

I enjoyed "Frasier" during its run on NBC and I continue to watch reruns on a local channel here in Cleveland nearly every night. I think it is excellently written and the characters are believeable, except perhaps for Niles taking 7 years to declare his love for Daphne. The adventures of the Drs. Crane and the fixes they get themselves into are tremendously funny. The actors playing Frasier, Niles, and Martin (Kelsey Grammar, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney) excel in their roles as does Peri Gilpin (who played Frasier's producer Roz). I thought the characters Frasier and Roz were good together and I wonder why the writers did not make them a couple. An excellent show. I think Lifetime tv should move it up earlier in the evening, instead of having it on at midnight.
  • bring it back i like that show why did they cancelled it for.

why did they cancelled it for it was a great show i like it. I want that show back can they bring it back for the season 12 please. i like martin fraiser he is funny to watch are they bring it back tell me please it was funny and good everybody like it that watch it. I like the cast did anybody die. Fraiser is the most sitcom. they won an emmy, golden globes, other. they should have more season i m i right. they have the highest rating in show dont you know that of all the season.
  • In years to come, when critics speak of the all-time great television shows, Frasier will take its place among the very best.

Frasier Crane, following several failed relationships in Boston and tiring of the bar scene, returns to his home town, Seattle, to see if he can't rebuild his life. As an occupation, he chooses that of a radio psychiatrist. As fate would have it, he ends up living with his cantankerous father Martin, his father's "psychic" health care worker Daphne, and a Jack Russell terrier named Eddie. His core group is completed with the addition of his brother Niles and his radio show's producer, Roz Doyle.

The title character Frasier – whom many will recall from the popular sitcom Cheers of which this series is a spinoff – is played brilliantly by Kelsey Grammer. It never ceases to amaze me how Grammer can, in a span of minutes, go from hilarious comic buffoonery to being an intelligent, educated, caring psychiatrist with complete believability. If you got to know and like Frasier in the context of Cheers, you will find this new journey of self-discovery a wonderful experience.

Frasier's father Martin is played by veteran actor John Mahoney. This may be Mahoney's best roll – a retired, no-nonsense ex-cop (injured in the line of duty) and the perfect foil for the socially-conscious, fastidious Crane brothers. Frasier's brother Niles, played to subtle perfection by David Hyde-Pierce, is in many ways more Frasier than Frasier himself: more delicate, more refined, allergic to most everything and with an abiding fear of germs and small creatures. Daphne Moon, the family's housekeeper and Martin's physical therapist is played by Jane Leeves. It is impossible not to fall in love with this delightful character. Roz Doyle, Frasier's producer, is played by Peri Gilpin -- more than capable of holding her own in this stellar company. Roz is a seasoned radio professional with an overactive love life and another perfect foil for the Crane boys. Other regulars include Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe (Dan Butler), a macho sports broadcaster, Gil Chesterton (Edward Hibbert), a loveably gay food critic, and Noel ("the mole") Shempsky (Patrick Kerr) –- a Star Trek fan with a major crush on Roz. And of course, there's Eddie (Moose/Enzo), Martin's beloved pooch to whom the Crane brothers must play second fiddle when it comes to their father's attention.

If one were to say that Frasier was the best television sitcom ever, it's not like many people would laugh – perhaps no one would. The reason is simple: from the first show to the last, the acting and writing are of the highest quality. In other popular shows, after the first few years, the producers often have to resort to gimmicks to keep interest alive: you suddenly have the main characters traveling to exotic locations, or perhaps will see an increase in the number of flavor-of-the-month guest celebrities. Gimmicks were never necessary with a show of Frasier's caliber. In the end, you had the feeling that the show could have continued indefinitely.

If you've never seen Frasier, don't worry about getting hooked only to find your favorite character leaving the show. The first show and the last involve the same core group of characters. Even the main set, Frasier's apartment, still has all the original furniture after eleven years; changes were limited to small objets d'art.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about Frasier is its integrity. At the end of eleven years, you almost have the feeling that it was all written beforehand. One of the essential themes –- that Frasier and his father come to understand and appreciate each other –- was brought to a heartfelt conclusion. Another story line, that of Niles' and Daphne's relationship, ends with the birth of their son, David. Roz gets a well-deserved promotion, and even Martin, mellowed by his association with his sons, finds love again and marries. This consistency was in no small part due to the series creators, David Angell, Peter Casey and David Lee. And Frasier ends up... Well, watch and see.

To sum up: it will amuse you, it will touch you, and it will educate you. Don't miss it.
  • My New Favorite Show

I absolutely LOVE Frasier. It is very difficult to turn off, so I suggest if you're going to watch it, make sure that you have your whole afternoon free. :) My personal favorite character is Dr. Niles Crane, played by David Hyde Pierce. However, the whole cast of Frasier together make for comedy genius and I hope that there is a Frasier reunion in the works (aside from the slight reunion in The Simpsons Season 19 episode "Funeral For A Fiend" with Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney as Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Bob's brother Cecil, and Bob and Cecil's Father, respectively)
    On a related note, does anyone know if you can still get Frasier-themed merchandise in Seattle?
  • Hoperfully in the next few years to come viewer will hear the words "Frasier reunion". Please the world missies Frasier Crane.

I love this TV show, and I try to watch it as much as possible! The humor is intelligent unlike some TV shows that have humor that is stupid and immature and predictable. You just have to laugh at all the situations that Niles and Frasier get into that could have been prevented in the first place if they weren't so concerned with appearances.
    Martin is funny as the dad who is clueless as to reasons why his sons won't embrace the ordinary life(and I want a chair as comfy as his). Long Live Frasier Crane. and the rest of the gang.
  • One of my favourite!

This show has got to be one of the most must-see shows ever. I like Frasier mostly because it is about two highly educated brother who fortunately, still is childish. Even though they use quite "high words", it is still understandable and is full of laughs. I mean, the jokes keep coming on and on. I like how the relationship between the sons and the father goes out. Also how both brothers battle against each other to find who is more smarter. It's lively and cheerful and I give this a 10 because it has stayed to its core till its end (unlike some other shows which stray away from the base). I recommend this show to adults who are intelligent.
  • I am a huge Frasier fan, it's probably one of the best sitcoms of the 90's.Kelsey Grammar reprises his role as Frasier Crane from Cheers as a pompous psychiatrist who has to deal with a lot including his father, younger brother, and relationship issues.

Great series, I was surprised to find out that it was Kelsey Grammar who sung the show's opening theme. Wow! He's pretty good, to be honest. Anyway about the series it follows the exploits of Frasier Crane (from Cheers) who moves back to Seattle to continue his life. As soon as he moves back, he has to contend with his equally pompous and bombastic brother(Niles Crane) played brilliantly by David Hyde Pierce and his working class father(Martin Crane) who is played by John Mahoney. The story goes like this Martin Crane was shot so he needs a hospice type service and his hospice is played by Jane Leeves as Daphne. Then there is of course Roz the producer of Frasier's show and along with a smart dog (Eddie). The series is probably one of the best sitcoms of all time which can be compared to being as good as Cheers.
  • Please bring this back...

I have to say this was a great show. A really good show at that and to think this was a spin off. The relations that were between the brothers, Frasier's co workers and the rest of tha family dynamics just made the show so addictive. How could you not watch when Niels got a divorse when he then started to truely persue Daphne. But, then again he was always presuing Daphne. Then there the retired police officer father. Who can forget about him and his dog. And, Ross while Frasier is at work, who else Maddog is it. Wow that was such a funny show and I truely miss it. Thanks for the entertainment Fraiser cast I enjoyed every minute.
  • When Dr.Frasier Crane moves from boston to seattle only to have his father live with him he expects the worst.

Like the best show ever!!!
    i love frasier.
    hands down the best!!!
    the first time i saw it i didn't like it but after seconed time i feel in love.
    all the characters are all so big and colorful, the humor is so dry and comical, and thier is so much smart things about this show.
    i wish it was still on just for the fact thati would have a chance to be on this lengenday show.
    if this show wasn't around i don't know where television would be at simply due to the fact that this show has made other shows work for their raiting.
    i just want to say best show ever and i will always love this show.
    when i die, i want to be buried with my dvds of it.
  • I want to know is; What happened to Eddie in the last episode? He as taken into the back of the vet's office, the vet came out with the rings and Eddie was never mentioned again. Surely last episode should address the demise of one of the regulars.

3.5
    I did not see the last episode. My wife called and said she had seen it and there was a problem with the ending. She was quite upset. Eddie, the terrier, has always been an integral part of the show. He even had whole shows focused on him. It is uncharacteristic for the last episode not to include the "demise" of Eddie. If this was an oversight on the writers' part, it is unforgivable. If there is a reason that Eddie was not even mentioned after being taken into the vet's back office, tell us what it is. Otherwise, the show is left unclosed and with questions. All did not live happily ever after.
  • Frasier was the spinoff to Cheers, but as time went on, it became a great show in it's own right. A good cast, along with good writers, helped to make the show what it was -- a laugh out loud funny tv show.

I loved this show right from the start. The cast had a good chemistry together and the jokes just kept on coming. Over the many seasons that it was on the air, I continued to watch each and every show, laughing at each of the characters foilables, crying when something sad happened, along with feeling other emotions all along the spectrum.

This show was a true classic in it's own right and it's a shame that there aren't a lot of shows on today that even come close to being nearly as funny as Frasier was.

The cast was whip smart, talented and funny. And every night that the show was on, we as an audience got to see a wonderful group of people acting their hearts and souls out.

My favorite character from the show itself was Niles. He was one of the funniest characters overall. Every pratfall, every joke was just pure gold. Also, Bulldog was funny as well.

In the end, the show never went overboard for the most part. With the exception being when Frasier was on that little woman dating spree. That was one of the few times where the show itself was rather annoying. But other than that, it remained to it's heart -- a fun and enjoyable tv comedy.
  • One of my favorite sitcoms.

Frasier is a good show. I watch it every night it comes on Lifetime. I admit it! I'm a man, and I watch Lifetime. I love their sitcoms. I love to laugh. Frasier is a show I grew up watching. My parents loved the show, and I would come in and sit with them while they watched it. I got into this show very quickly. The characters are funny. The series tells a powerful story. I loved most of the episodes, especially the finale. I'm just sorry it ended, but all good shows musst come to an end sometime. This show lasted for 11 years, and that's something the creators should be very proud of.