Frasier

Room Service

Aired Unknown Mar 03, 1998 on NBC

• This episode was surprising with plot twists. Spoiler Alert, So Don't read this unless you've seen the episode!

Caution: Spoiler Alert!
    I watched this episode tonight and at that moment where we see Lilth in bed, I thought "Oh, no, Frasier, what did you do??"
    but I was extremely shocked when I saw it was not Frasier, but Niles, my favorite character and fictional crush, there.
    It shocked me and I immeadiatly thought "Niles has had Maris and Daphne (Among others) Why are you in bed with Lilth?"
    Yes, my friends all say I'm obsessed with Niles just a little TOO much.
    But I thought that overall, this episode took a surprising turn and paired Lilth and Niles together unexpectedly.
    I think this is one of my top favorite episodes.
    (Of Season Five) :)
  • Lilith returns, but this time it isn't Frasier who succumbs...

This is one of my all-time favorite episodes of "Frasier." It boasts an appearance from the always-welcome Bebe Neuwirth as Lilith and also has one of the show's funniest moments when we learn that Niles and Lilith have slept together.

The revelation the next morning allows David Hyde Pierce to do frantic hysteria as only he can and offers up some classic "Frasier" farce when Frasier arrives at their hotel room, and Niles attempts to hide. The revelation that Lilith's husband has left her for another man and Lilith's reaction to seeing Roz pregnant also elicit some biting remarks from all of the cast. Best is Neuwirth's exclamation, "Oh, it's Frasier's fun loving producer. Who has evidently had too much fun, loving."

But, like all the best episodes of "Frasier," the episode balances the guffaws with some genuinely touching emotional moments. The final scene between Frasier and Niles, after Frasier has learned what has happened, makes me almost forget that they are actors, and not actual brothers. Niles' question to Frasier, "Are we alright?" and Frasier's response "We will be" is so wonderfully acted by Grammer and Pierce, it says so much more than the few words ever could.