Frasier

Roz and the Schnoz

Aired Unknown May 05, 1998 on NBC

• One of the best episodes

In all of Frasier's 264 episodes, this one ranks in my top ten. The sheer absurdity of it and the cast's reaction to such a hilarious physical deformity really humbles the show. It demonstrates that no matter the sophistication and wittiness of the writing, the writers aren't afraid to play around with an episode that is just plain silly. I was nearly crying because I was laughing so hard by the end of this 22-minute romp through a ball pit of misconstrued farce. It's easy to understand why the cast was in stitches and they used it in the final edit. This is truly a classic, although not a typical episode of Frasier.
  • roz and the schnoz

As someone whose nose is probably a little bigger than average I was a little put off by this episode. It was a fairly funny episode however, although a bit below Frasier standards, and I think part of that can be attributed to the fact that it focused so much on the Roz character. I thought all of the humor with the noses was forced though. As I mentioned, maybe I am not the best person to judge this, but I do not think enough was said that the entire cast would burst into the laughter. The scenes were just not that funny here and the story was very thin. Still a good episode, but when you watch an episode of Frasier you expect a bit more than this.