Frasier

The Life of the Party

Aired Unknown May 12, 1998 on NBC

A "Marty Party" lol. Perfect term that they coined here tonight and I am surprised that this did not enter into pop culture the way that so many Seinfeld lines did.

We saw the birth of Roz's daughter in tonight's episode and while I really could not care about this season long arc, I did enjoy some of the other scenes in this episode, including those from the singles party. It was kind of weird for the woman to say no to Frasier after seemingly hitting it off with him, so I was a bit confused by that, but there were still enough hilarious moments at the event for me to ignore that logic flaw. Niles and Frasier competing a woman deserved more time.
  • Frasier and Niles host a "Single's only" party hoping to find new women. Marty tries to recapture his youth and Roz goes into labor.

This episode was pretty funny, probably one of the best of season 5. After Niles and Frasier seem to realize that their love lives seem to be in a bit of a slump, they end up taking advice from their Dad- to host a party. The only rule: you have to be single.

The party seems to be a big hit with lots of people showing up. A very pregnant Roz shows up and so does Marty with his hair dyed brown! However, as the party progresses, Frasier and Niles realize they are both pursuing the same women, and desperately compete each other for her attention.

Meanwhile, Marty's hair dye starts to melt and drip all over the chair he is sitting in, and Roz goes into labor.

Later at the hospital (and after the party) Niles, Frasier, and Marty are all arguing over the events of the party. They stop the bickering once they go in to see Roz and her new baby girl Alice. The episode ends on a sentimental and somewhat commical note.