Frasier

The Zoo Story

Aired Unknown Jan 20, 1998 on NBC

• Frasier hires Ben,an agent with morals,over Bebe when the station begins contract negotiations. Has he made the right decision? Also,Niles' libido is stretched to breaking point as Maris plays sexual hardball when insisting he hire another counsellor.

This is one of my favourite Frasier episodes as we watch the good doctor choose Ben,an agent with a conscience but not much else,over the crafty,yet more experienced,Bebe as KACL begins new contract negotiations. After a series of calamitous PR stunts,initiated by Ben,go awry leaving Frasier open to public humiliation,Bebe confronts him in the men's room of Cafe Nervosa demanding he re-hire her.

Bebe's passionate men's room speech is a riot ('By the time the Hammer is finished with Ben you'll be doing fog reports from Puget Sound...I've been to hell and back for you so often I have frequent flyer miles') but Frasier holds fast. That is until Ben turns up for the meeting dressed in his Boy Scout uniform!

When Maris demands Niles fire yet another marriage counsellor and Niles,following his brother's advice,refuses she decides to renege on her sexual promise leaving the usually calm Niles in a state of frustration. With hilarious results.