Frasier

They're Playing Our Song

Aired Unknown Jan 13, 2000 on NBC

• If less is more, just think how much more "more" will be!

Frasier is asked to come up with a jingle to introduce his show. He has his heart set on composing one himself. As usual, he takes it way too far. Instead of a ten-second jingle, Frasier's first attempt is a fully-orchestrated song, complete with a chorus, a dramatic monologue (read by Niles), and even a triangle player (Roz's boyfriend du jour). I thought this episode was hilarious. It's always amusing to watch Frasier make himself look like a pompous jerk, and in the end he does come up with a usable jingle. On another note, I thought his original effort sounded oddly similar to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody."
  • Pure Genius!

This is, without a doubt, the best episode ever. Not only was it as funny as hell, but it really spoke to my character as well. I also write songs and they are a lot like Frasier's, and I also don't see myself writing jingles. Niles' quote says it all "It was like Gilbert and Sullivan, but more frightening." Seeing the listeners reactions was also priceless and side splitting. The station manager ends up choosing Martin's jingle, because it's just a lot easier on the ears; but I still would've liked to hear Frasier's song again. If you like laughing a lot, this episode is for you.